Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Headphones

Options
  • 09-09-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just returned from Petes on Parnell street where i bought some headphones.

The headphones seem to be for home use as they leak sound so aren't really for portable use.

I still have everything that came with it and receipt and would essentially just like to exchange them rather than get my money back as the guy in the shop was very helpful and nice.

Does anyone think there will be an issue with this or should it just be a formality?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it that they aren't portable or that they leak sound or both that you want to return them.

Not knowing exactly what headphone they are and if you were told that they would do something they didn't (unlikely from your description of the sales guy), it will probably be down to the shop whether you get anything as your not entitled due to any fault.

Got stuff there before and they seem sound but i've never returned anything to them so i don't know, it's not like you lose anything by trying to exchange them.

In ear are the best for stopping sound leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Pretty sure they have a returns policy so you should be okay if you have everything it came with.

Rights wise you would have to argue that they aren't fit for their intended purpose and it sounds like you'd be on shaky ground doing that.

The first step is to see what they say. Most places will just take them back, especially if they aren't buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I told him they would be mainly for use in the studio where I work, but we have clients in as well and the noise would be an issue with my bosses.

He didnt say that they were for home use specifically, its not really a complaint about the bloke selling me them cause he was very patient, and he did say that they wouldn't insulate the sound like others as they are open ended, but he wasnt clear that they would be as loud as they are with music on.

As i said, im not looking for a refund just an exchange for something else in the shop, the box is fine and have receipt so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue.

Saw this on their site:

Returns
    If you are not satisified with your purchase you may return the items within 28 days of purchase. Returns should be made in the original, undamaged packaging, and we reserve the right to withold a percentage of the refund value of returned goods if the product or packaging is in such a condition that the item needs to be reduced in price for resale. All shipping expenses for returned or exchanged goods are at the customer's expense. Returns will not be accepted without a Return Authorisation number which must be obtained from us prior to return.

Think I should be ok.

They were very helpful, so much so that they gave me a discount on the new ones I bought instead, nice lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gintonious wrote: »
    They were very helpful, so much so that they gave me a discount on the new ones I bought instead, nice lads.

Really, as the old ones were open how much of the original price did you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Obviously 100%

Advertisement