Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good and reasonably priced pub grub in cork city centre?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Im going into 3rd year in college in cork city centre,i commute daily from waterford so often get my dinner out.
    I know in waterford u can get tasty filling meal for €10...but ive struggled to find a decent pub selling grub.just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

It's not a pub, but the Bodega on St.Peter's Market has a mean burger for 9.90 with a side of chips. Good eating and very filling.

Pro Tip: ask for aioli with your fries. It's far better than the ketchup and tastes amazing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Scotts on Oliver plunkett street have a decent carvery.
    Generally have a daily special for under €10 with free tea/coffee
    Good sized portions and dont be afraid to ask for a big helping :D

DeleveleD wrote: »
    It's not a pub, but the Bodega on St.Peter's Market has a mean burger for 9.90 with a side of chips. Good eating and very filling.

Pro Tip: ask for aioli with your fries. It's far better than the ketchup and tastes amazing.
    THe bodega isn't a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

RoverJames wrote: »
    THe bodega isn't a pub?

Looks more like a restaurant to me. But I guess that's just personal classification. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

DeleveleD wrote: »
    Looks more like a restaurant to me. But I guess that's just personal classification. :pac:

In my experience most people would classify it firstly as a pub/nightclub! :)

I wouldn't like to be eating in there any later than 9pm!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

Fionn Barra's on Douglas Street.

Great pub friendly staff and lovely food
    e.g. Pizza, wraps, toasties, soup, wedges, dips etc

Smoking area is cool too, I don't even smoke and love it out there.

Advertisement