Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dublin (Heuston Station?) to AIT Campus

Options
  • 09-09-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'll be starting a postgrad at AIT this year.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue as to what the best way to get out there is?

I see that you can get a bus from Heuston Station in Dub. to the AIT Campus (I think it goes to the campus).

Would that be the best/easiest option or would you suggest another?

Oh and by the way, I won't be living in Athlone as I can't afford it, so I'll be computing each day from Dub (pain in the face I know), so bearing that in mind what prices etc am I looking at?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Check out the Bus Eireann route planner http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Does Bus Eireann stop at Heuston on the way to Athlone? I don't think it does. You could always take the train trip. Citylink defo stop at Heuston but they go down the old roads to all the towns along the way, bus journey can take over 2 hours that way. They go every hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Citylink stops at AIT but takes two hours to get there.

Last time I got the express Citylink they won't stop in Athlone but they'll drop you by the bypass near the shopping centre and McDonalds. Just get a local Bus Éireann then into town
    I think this will be faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Irish J

Citylink express does stop outside AIT campus i got it all last year. Bus eireann doesn't stop outside campus only there bus station which is half hour walk from collage.

Advertisement