Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider repellent

• 09-09-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of anything that works?

Kinda freaked out with the spiders around at the moment

The little ones I can handle, but the body buildng spiders :eek:

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

where are you planning on putting the repellant?

hairdryer is the best method I found

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

ppink wrote: »
    where are you planning on putting the repellant?

hairdryer is the best method I found

Around my home.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sandalwood and cedar repels spiders, we have cedar candles.

We also drew around the doors and windows with it like a big crayon. Can't be too sure.

Of course it's stops the ones outside coming in.... but it stops the ones already inside from going out.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Sandalwood and cedar repels spiders, we have cedar candles.

We also drew around the doors and windows with it like a big crayon. Can't be too sure.

Of course it's stops the ones outside coming in.... but it stops the ones already inside from going out.

I will try anything, Thanks for that... first on the try list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Found a REALLY good anti spider spray in a Euro shop.Cost 2 euro and does the job. If you can't find it then go gather chestnuts and put them anywhere you know spiders are getting in. Sounds mad but spiders 'smell' with their feet. They hate chestnut oil - does their heads in so don't go near it.

Guarantee it works. Myhouse was a spider haven until i got nicked chestnuts from my mates 8 year old:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFi7V87s9BsBZulbXyZoUSxOD8HVvY8m5jRlpoMEgQPLbvp4kdOw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Spiders are your friend.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Spiders are your friend.

They can contact me through facebook not my bedroom :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFi7V87s9BsBZulbXyZoUSxOD8HVvY8m5jRlpoMEgQPLbvp4kdOw

I got one , but the spiders are trying to eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Cu G; I Am TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!!!
    What is that!!!!!
    Is that one of the little cute ones you get in pet shops that just kept growing !?
    I hope to God it's vegetarian!!!!( apart from spiders!?) aaaaaaaah
    AAAAAAHHAHH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Cu G; I Am TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!!!
    What is that!!!!!
    Is that one of the little cute ones you get in pet shops that just kept growing !?
    I hope to God it's vegetarian!!!!( apart from spiders!?) aaaaaaaah
    AAAAAAHHAHH
    Yep it's a (fairly large :)) cameleon, I love the thought of going up to the OP and saying "I heard you have a bit of a spider problem so I got you this, Here." :D

Yep it's a (fairly large :)) cameleon, I love the thought of going up to the OP and saying "I heard you have a bit of a spider problem so I got you this, Here." :D

He wouldn't scary me at all he is beautiful :)

We killed another one yesterday and thismorning the dogs killed on. The body is still sitting on the stairs.

I got Cedar oil, put it in the burner last night and mixed water and cedar oil and sprayed around the rooms, door frames an skirting boards.
    All my 'Friends' are gone :D:D

For the moment anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 krustovski

killing on average two a night in my gaff,i know they keep flies at bay but so does flyspray and flyspray doesnt freak me out,every year they getting bigger,i find vannila incense and candles seem to keep them at bay,also apple and cinnemon candles which you can get now comin up to crimbo,just ten minutes ago i spotted a hugh bastard on my balcony,mustve been 3 inches wide,was in the process of making a cup of tea so i fecked a kettle of scallding water over it,normally they curl up but this fecker kept running till he got a boot of my size 10 and went to spidey heaven,is it climate change or maybe house spiders mutating with other stowaway spiders that are being brought into ireland.ive seen smaller tarantulas

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

seanaway wrote: »
    Found a REALLY good anti spider spray in a Euro shop.Cost 2 euro and does the job. If you can't find it then go gather chestnuts and put them anywhere you know spiders are getting in. Sounds mad but spiders 'smell' with their feet. They hate chestnut oil - does their heads in so don't go near it.

Guarantee it works. Myhouse was a spider haven until i got nicked chestnuts from my mates 8 year old:D

Hiya,

Would you happen to have the name of the one you found in the Euro shop? Living in a big, old house and the mild temps have temporarily held them off but it's only a matter of time! Need to be prepared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Go get one of them Spray things from Woodies/B&Q, ya know, they're normally white a green, take about a litre of liquids.

Buy 2 Jif Lemon squeezy things and pour into the Sprayer, double up wit water, then spray around dark places, places where spiders like, THEY HATE CITRUS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Thanks will give that a go :) Caught one in the curtains today, unfortunately it ended up in the Dyson... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

you can get a spider catcher in woodies, only a fiver or something, think you can get 3 for a tenner too... that was one offer they used to have anyway..

its easy to catch them and then let them outside.

Advertisement