Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to find someone to make side door at side of house

• 09-09-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

A few years ago, I put one of these directly alongside the front side gable of the house - leading to the back garden. Fast forward a couple of years, and I'm now finding that i'm having trouble with members of a particular minority group (of the hiace driving kind) brazenly walking through it into my property. I need to somehow get it secured. If I could get a set of doors - similar to this here attached to it, that would do the trick (although maybe a bit higher to prevent access).

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to buy a complete new unit. Does anyone know anyone who would make up a set of doors like this? I'm in the West of Ireland - but to be honest, location doesn't matter. I can provide all measurements and detailed pics to whoever could do the work - then collect myself and install myself.

Does anyone know anyone who could do something like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

theres a friend of mine in lough rea. does that sort of thing. i'll pm his no. to be honest the hiace lads wont be put off by a set of those gates. barb wire and glass is still only a hinderance to those lads i know first hand i had to get security doors, alarm, locks,chains and have a german shephard coming soon. still caught two site see ers lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

1chippy wrote: »
    theres a friend of mine in lough rea. does that sort of thing. i'll pm his no.
    Much appreciated.
    1chippy wrote: »
    ..to be honest the hiace lads wont be put off by a set of those gates. barb wire and glass is still only a hinderance to those lads i know first hand i had to get security doors, alarm, locks,chains and have a german shephard coming soon. still caught two site see ers lately.
    Of course your right. It's only their kid's at the moment. We have a very multicultural estate - and absolutely no issue whatsoever with the mix of people we have - just with one exception. At the moment, it's just their kids (and by that I mean very young kids) walking in and out as they please. However, I know what extra-curricular activities papa gets up to and despite one of his sons being only knee height, it didn't stop him from nicking a measuring tape from the bottom rung of the stairs when I left the door open for ten minutes one Sunday morning. All those other measures you mentioned will follow - just don't have time to organise that just now. Need to start with the basics first. Will give your buddy a call. Thanks.

Advertisement