Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAOK v Spurs Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gio souls have been shipped out with Crouch & Keane. Any idea what kinda money he is on? I have never thought much of it. Great experience for the young lads. I'm not bothered with this thing at all. If the young lads can get us into the last 8 then play a strong team other then that I think we should stick with the kids.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Agree with most comments above, and fair play to the young lads. Kane especially was good. I have to say though, Pav was absolutely awful tonight. Mistake after mistake, and never looked like doing anything. One of the worst performances i've seen from him. Hopefully one of the youngsters will start ahead of him from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kiith wrote: »
    Agree with most comments above, and fair play to the young lads. Kane especially was good. I have to say though, Pav was absolutely awful tonight. Mistake after mistake, and never looked like doing anything. One of the worst performances i've seen from him. Hopefully one of the youngsters will start ahead of him from now on.

Pav is just a waste of time. His attitude is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

nothing game
    nothing result
    nothing competition

back to the real stuff on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

nothing game
    nothing result
    nothing competition

Fair enough.
    Fcuk european competitions.
    Fcuk the young players and there futures.
    Fcuk any potential that carroll, kane and the likes might have, let them rot on loan in league 2.
    Forget the great experience that tonight might have given them.

Back to the real stuff on Sunday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mullo , open back up that rovers thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

mickman wrote: »

For his talent - Pav really grates my carrot. I have said this before, he is not good/consistent enough. Still, wait til he scores the his next gaol and then its 'pointing to my name on the shirt' celebration. AAggghhh, :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »

+1

Thank God we signed Ade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

How many of your "Spurs supporters club" went to Greece to support spurs? None?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

CiaranC wrote: »

6a00e5505fc4968834010536e09336970b-800wi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we more interested in liverpool on sunday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Getting boring now really, worry about your own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Just out of interest will you be making the trek to support Rovers in all away games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Poor oul Pav was muck altogether. Really impressed with these young players, seemed really composed with the ball and played some good stuff at times. Delighted they got a point. Looks like townsend isnt the quickest.
    Harry Kane a big boy for 18 and like the others always seemed to want the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Poor oul Pav was muck altogether. Really impressed with these young players, seemed really composed with the ball and played some good stuff at times. Delighted they got a point. Looks like townsend isnt the quickest.
    Harry Kane a big boy for 18 and like the others always seemed to want the ball.
    What's great is that Kane and Carroll are locals to the area so very likely not to have there heads turned if they turn out to be top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I think if this team can play 4 or 5 times together in this competition the experience will be invaluable. Actually delighted we are in this competition now and really excited to see these young players again.
    10 times more beneficial than any reserve league i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I thought all the kids done well last night, showed a lot of composure in a hostile enough atmosphere. PAOK were a poor side though.

Pavlyuchenko and dos Santos were absolute muck, I know it must feel like they are being sidelined by playing with the kids but it wouldn't hurt for them to show a little fight to try get back in the team. On that display they should both be looking for new clubs in January.

I thought all the kids done well last night, showed a lot of composure in a hostile enough atmosphere. PAOK were a poor side though.

Pavlyuchenko and dos Santos were absolute muck, I know it must feel like they are being sidelined by playing with the kids but it wouldn't hurt for them to show a little fight to try get back in the team. On that display they should both be looking for new clubs in January.

Who's the lovely lady ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i was giving out during the week about vdv moaning that he wasnt selected to go to greece but compared to pav's attitude it is excellent.

pav is a disgrace. ever since he joined he has been "i love spurs" - " i hate spurs" . if he plays 5 games then he will stay at spurs for life- ask him to play europa league and he starts crying again. he dosent seem to reliase that by playing well when asked is his only way to get in the first team

heres hoping he pisses off in january and leandro replaces him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Who's the lovely lady ?

Haven't a clue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great result, Pav and Gio were the only downside. The two commentators on Setanta last night were f*cking deluded.

Haven't a clue!

yea yea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Going Morning Sir. Im Just back. It was lovely and warm

I was taken by Kane last night. Big chap for his age. Holds the ball up and can beat players. What from ive seen of Conor wickham last year and this, i think Kane is a much better prospect and didnt cost us 10mil. Carrol reminds me a little of micky hazzard.

Falque look good in patchs also

Fantastic watching these young Guys last night.

Just heard a couple of spurs fans were attacked and stabbed after the game in salonika last night, any truth in it ?

I didnt see or hear of any trouble. But we didnt hang around to ground for too long after. We went back to a bar near the hotel with a few other spurs and solonika fans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    Fcuk european competitions.
    Fcuk the young players and there futures.
    Fcuk any potential that carroll, kane and the likes might have, let them rot on loan in league 2.
    Forget the great experience that tonight might have given them.

Back to the real stuff on Sunday ;)

Haha, fair enough,

European competitions are not all bad, but this one is.
    It means nothing anymore.

Just by being in it, means that you are small time. Apart from that it can have an adverse impact on your domestic season with all the silly games you have to play.

Time will tell if games like yesterday will help the young lad's careers. It definately can't be a bad thing, that's for sure. Whether the experience of playing european micky mouse teams is gonna unlock their potential I doubt very much. If you're good enough you're old enough, (Like Ledley King for example)

I think us being in this competion is badly needed. Redknapp will not bring through the young players unless he has no choice. At least they get game time in a meaningful competion, against decent sides( not reserves)
    Look at bale, nearly shipped of to forrest on load until BAE got injured. People then claim that harry got the best out of him, i think he just got lucky. Also walker and naughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Great performance by Cudicini.
    A good pro and great back up for Friedel.
    Feel sorry for poor oul Gomes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

nothing game
    nothing result
    nothing competition

"The problem I've got on Thursday is I can't really take this lot who've played at Wolves," said the Spurs boss.

"It is a nuisance. There won't be too many of these going to Greece."

and if you know your history :o

"It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club a club like Tottenham Hotspur
    if we're not in Europe.... we're nothing. we're nothing." -SIR BILLY NIC

Last season we came 5th and got as far as the 1/4 Finals in the CL.

This season we have basically the same squad and are in a weaker competition in Europe so I see no reason why we can't take this seriously and expect a decent league position
    but then again arry & the Thursday cup are not on sky so don't really sit well with the JCL's :D

Advertisement