Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAOK v Spurs Match Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

jerryDyid wrote: »
    "The problem I've got on Thursday is I can't really take this lot who've played at Wolves," said the Spurs boss.

"It is a nuisance. There won't be too many of these going to Greece."

and if you know your history :o

"It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club a club like Tottenham Hotspur
    if we're not in Europe.... we're nothing. we're nothing." -SIR BILLY NIC

Last season we came 5th and got as far as the 1/4 Finals in the CL.

This season we have basically the same squad and are in a weaker competition in Europe so I see no reason why we can't take this seriously and expect a decent league position
    but then again arry & the Thursday cup are not on sky so don't really sit well with the JCL's :D

I understand why some like us being in it, I just have a different view, the issue is very much an indivudual opinion thing and there's no right or wrong.

On the Bill Nic quote, he was talking when all 3 European competitions were top quality and respected throughout the world. The money men brought that to an end in the early 90's. Sir Bill's quote is not as relevent these days (sadly) as just being in Europe isn't much to crow about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

oppiuy wrote: »
    I think us being in this competion is badly needed. Redknapp will not bring through the young players unless he has no choice. At least they get game time in a meaningful competion, against decent sides( not reserves)
    Look at bale, nearly shipped of to forrest on load until BAE got injured. People then claim that harry got the best out of him, i think he just got lucky. Also walker and naughton.

Totally agree with this. And having got the point in Greece means that he can continue to play the youngsters/reserves for the next few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Totally agree with this. And having got the point in Greece means that he can continue to play the youngsters/reserves for the next few games.

+1 any sort of team should beat rovers thursday week

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Dont mean to hijack this thread but would like to say a few things. I can see an anti-Rovers sentiment building amoung you based on the comments of a few of our fans with extreme views. A lot of rovers fans follow EPL teams and have a very different definition of "barstooler" than has been touted here. I have never followed an EPL team but am considering making a trip to WHL this season because of how great we have been treated by the club and its fans, giving us a neutral section ect. Most fans see this as a platform to show how the club has advanced and hopefully increase our following, not to attack other football supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ TBH i don't think any of us believe that all Rovers fans feel the way that some have posted. for me personally the completely unprovoked abuse when I'd imagine all of us here were delighted for Roners has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. for those handful of people alone who feel the need to comment on who we support like we have in someway pissed on the LOI I hope they get spanked.

Although TBH I think they have a big result in them and I wouldn't put it passed them to beat us in Tallaght. Now, this is going to be my final note on the subject. Enjoy your trip to the lane HigsBoson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement