Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 cz ?????

Options
  • 09-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just bought a .22 c2 527 lr. Just have to wait for the licence to come through (HOPEFULLY) Does anyone have one or have they shot one. Just want to know if their good and accurate and have i made the right choice cause this is my first rifle thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it the hornett or .223? I've had both and the also a .22lr.

All fantastic rifles and really a rifle for life if minded. They are cheap, accurate, reliable. About the best value rifle for money. A good choice and best of luck with her.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 38 a.j.m1981

Ezridax wrote: »
    Is it the hornett or .223? I've had both and the also a .22lr.

All fantastic rifles and really a rifle for life if minded. They are cheap, accurate, reliable. About the best value rifle for money. A good choice and best of luck with her.

I dont know to be honest all i know is it had a really long barrell and it looked good??? I had a test shot with it and it felt defintley for me.

a.j.m1981 wrote: »
    I dont know to be honest ............

Seriously?:confused:
    Just bought a .22 c2 527 lr. ..

The CZ in model 527 usually represents the centrefre range of rifles. These include .22 Hornett, .223, 7.62x39, etc. AFAIK they don't do a 527 in .22lr.

Now if your rifle is a .22lr they chances are its a CZ452 or the new 455.

I'm not rying to be pedantic, honestly. Just its fairly important you know what you are buying, the make, model, caliber, etc. Not just for your own sake, but you need all this info for the license application.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Seriously?:confused:

The CZ in model 527 usually represents the centrefre range of rifles. These include .22 Hornett, .223, 7.62x39, etc. AFAIK they don't do a 527 in .22lr.

Now if your rifle is a .22lr they chances are its a CZ452 or the new 455.

I'm not rying to be pedantic, honestly. Just its fairly important you know what you are buying, the make, model, caliber, etc. Not just for your own sake, but you need all this info for the license application.

im fecked then. All i really know that its a .22lr centrefire with open sights. I am a gob ****e. NEVER thought just seen it and wanted it DOhh!!!He gave me a bill of sale with the serial number is there anyway i can check this???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

im fecked then. All i really know that its a .22lr centrefire with open sights. I am a gob ****e. NEVER thought just seen it and wanted it DOhh!!!He gave me a bill of sale with the serial number is there anyway i can check this???

You mean rimfire?

If you haven't already submitted the application, I'd go to the dealer and get the correct model number, calibre etc. before submitting the application.

• Advertisement

I am a gob ****e.

Nonsense. And my previous post is not meant to embarrass or take the p**s so no insult intended.
    All i really know that its a .22lr centrefire with open sights.

Quick breakdown for you. A .22lr usually represents a rimfire rifle. So the term .22lr centrefire is kinda contradicting. Its either one or the other.
    NEVER thought just seen it and wanted it DOhh!!!

I know that feeling.
    He gave me a bill of sale with the serial number is there anyway i can check this???

Very easily. Ring the lad you bought it off or look on the bill of sale. on the note (this has to be handed into the Gardai) it should state the caliber, make and model. If it doesn't the Gardai could even refuse the note as it must coincide with the details on your application.

If the dealer has not given this info on the receipt then you may canothe roff him and ask him to tell you, and write down the exact make, model, serial number, caliber, etc.

Did you get to see the ammo. Was it one of these:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoXWMP11gzfFVop2ZRCk2fqfQCAs-01_liaM3sRxifgqh1nTNo4Qimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxsFr3ykXOodKP1skqY0gsb7uV4HMQ-IvijB5K2joDeQ25x_3nlQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjZKJbHRERnaxrb6Vfxr3eEeA9LZuW_He0kGZQH0U-U1jr4Yht

Yeah it was the 22lr ammo for def. It was about almost an inch

Okay so. I'm fairly confident you have a C 452 in .22lr (rimfire)

Should look like one of these two. They're both CZ452 but one is Lux the other American model. The difference is primarily the shape of the rear stock.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeUfA-wG4lG4ejkcxrRZEePBQuogzYFY5SG2G0KX-xb8qjCaX4KA

[Embedded Image Removed]

This guy gave me a bill of sale stating rfd no. address contact datails ,offical stamp,and wrote .22 cz b/a rifle and serial number. thats it. oh and also had to give him 580 pounds does that sound expensive?????? Second and with scope and silencer.the gun is absoultly mint though not a single mark

It looks like the top one because this one had the open sights

• Advertisement

Its a CZ 452 Lux, in .22lr. New price is usually around the €500+ mark so add a mod and scope onto that for €580 is a good price.

Its a CZ 452 Lux, in .22lr. New price is usually around the €500+ mark so add a mod and scope onto that for €580 is a good price.

thanks mate ur a gem. was getting worried for a bit. These are still good rifles arent they??? For distance and that. Hope this bill of sale is ok. Thanks again

These are still good rifles arent they???

Absolutely. Stand in a room with 100 lads and chances are 70%+ have had one as a first rifle. They are fantatic value, reliable and super accurate especially given the price. I have had one (on and off) for 16+ years).
    For distance and that.

They are an excellent rifle for up to 100 - 120 yards with a bit of practice. Anything from 30 -80 yards is as good as gone though. ;) The .22 is a terrific rifle to start off with. Its cheap to feed with ammo and had no recoil so you don;t pick up any bad habits. The only draw back with them, and i mean .22 rimfire, is after a 100 yards they drop like a stone, but this is due to the subsonic bullet and not the rifle. I guarantee no matter how many rifles you buy over the years or what caliber they are you'll always want or have a .22 in the safe. Simply a great and fun rifle.
    Hope this bill of sale is ok. Thanks again

Once he has the serial number thats the main thing. On your application make sure you fill in all the details as we outlined above. However as a last piece of advice i would recommend ringing the dealer and confirming the exact make and model. Just to be sure. If you are still nervous tell him you want a new note with all the details on it.

thanks again. someone told me that u can use ammo like stingers to achieve further distances is this true. sorry for asking so many questions

Thats right. High velocity ammo will get you more distance with less adjustment. However there is an inherent lack of accuracy with high velocity. Thats not to say they are not accurate simply not as accurate as subsonic ammo.

I would suggest getting used to the .22 with sobsonic ammo first. Once you start to get handy then move onto the high velocity stuff. Also if you use high velocity ammo the shot will not be as quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Had a cz .22lr as my first rifle and it was fantastic. Very accurate easy to use and cheap to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

This guy gave me a bill of sale stating rfd no. address contact datails ,offical stamp,and wrote .22 cz b/a rifle and serial number. thats it. oh and also had to give him 580 pounds does that sound expensive?????? Second and with scope and silencer.the gun is absoultly mint though not a single mark

Sir - you mention 'pounds' - and not euros. Are you buying this gun in the north or the south?

Just being nosey.

tac

Is the cz 452 .22 lr a good starter rifle??? Ive recently purcashed one just waiting on the licence now. Thanx for the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

you couldnt have gat a beter rifle to start, good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

It's a great rifle, spent most of today shooting mine. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

you couldnt have gat a beter rifle to start, good choice
    Couldn't say better. Used to shoot cz 452 Varmint in 17 hmr. Loved it. If I ever to get rimfire again will be cz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

the cci stinger is the best round for it IN MY OPINION. lads use subs but i find them very unpredictable and hard to aim of with unless your really good at judgeing distance

with the stingers its flys faster so it is a flatter flying round easyer to hit somethin say 50 yards out to 110 120 yards providing its zerod right obviously

they arent the most accurate round but they are good enough sat 1 - 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards thats fairly good shooting doe

i hit the head of a screw that was holding my target together at 100 yards one day there was alot of look in that shot and i have only ever done it once aswell.

subsonics are very accurate and group really well but i ppersonaly dont use to many as the stingers work well for me in my cz

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

This was my first rifle. And ill never part with it. I find it deadly accurate out to 150yds easy.
    I love this rifle. I find lapua sub sonic ammo works best for me.

Heres a shot taken with my cz452 lux with lapua sub sonics on a maggie at 120 yds ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBUCVVjrT6g&lc=h_sxpQ9llusTAKdQiuReZpdAuV4lVyLiigbhQrWK3E0&feature=inbox

No need to say it really but enjoy your new rifle and say goodbye to any other hobbies you had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

£580 is expensive for a second hand cz with mod and scope,unless the scope is a really good one!

Advertisement