Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Better Graphics Card?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys someone recommended this build to me:
    Xigmatek Asgard, ATX, ohne Netzteil, schwarz
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    4GB Corsair Valueselect DDR3-1333 CL9
    Club 3D Radeon 6770 1024MB, AMD Radeon 6770, PCI-Express
    AMD Athlon II X3 450 "Boxed" 95W, Sockel AM3
    MSI 870-C45, Sockel AM3, ATX, PCIe

The most demanding thing I'll be playing is Battlefield 3 (obviously not on the highest setting with this build)
    I was wondering if the graphics card recommended would be OK?
    I plan on playing in 1080p
    Cheers, Eoghan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

We don't have the specifications for BF3 but it should run fairly well. It is a budget system, so it's likely that you won't be running on high settings. The 6770 does handle nearly any game at 1080p if you turn down the details. You may need to overclock the processor a bit to squeeze out extra performance.

You can search around for reviews of the types of game that you'll be playing to see how it does. It's very close to the 5770 so you can read reviews covering this card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MyNameIsEoghan

I've checked and it'll run Bad Company 2 and Black Ops so it should be OK. The only other thing I'll be playing will be something like Minecraft which runs on just about anything so I should be fine.
    Thanks for the quick reply :)

Advertisement