Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIXMANIA!!

Options
  • 09-09-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

I am so annoyed now that i can't use proper english! I bought Philips wireless headphones of them last month to find out they weren't working when they arrived, I was told i would be only refunded the retail price and not the shipping costs which in total cost me 30e, I should have argued with them but what good is a broken pair of headphones.

I received a email on the 2nd of this month last friday saying they received the headphones and are processing my request for a refund, now every time i ring them im been told "were currently helping other customers please leave your number and we'll call you back later"!!!!!

Were do i go from here, ive also tried emailing them with no reply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Can't comment on the postage issue but, to be honest, 1 week since they received the headphones back doesn't seem that long to process and refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You absolutely should have insisted they pay for postage, defective product and the duty to replace it is their responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

11. Returns
    For any returned package, please go to your PIX&I space and follow the return policy instructions.

Please note that shipping fees are the client’s responsibility except if the product does not conform to the description of said product (the client is responsible for any damage done during the shipment of returned goods).
    For the period covered under warranty, the client must return the product to PIXMANIA’S After-Sales Service. No package will be accepted at the Pixmania head office.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/conditions.html#cgv_11

Q8. I recently purchased goods from an online store. When I received the goods they weren't working. I’ve received a refund for the cost of the goods from the company but not for the cost of returning the goods. Am I entitled to get my delivery charge returned since the product was actually faulty?

Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2001, where a good is faulty the consumer should not be at a loss for the costs of returning the faulty good to the company.
    This, however, only applies to websites based in European Union member states. European websites must include a geographical address so that the consumer can locate the seller in the event of a problem.
    We suggest you contact the seller quoting this piece of legislation and asking them to refund you the cost of returning the faulty goods.
    If after going through the complaints process, the company refuse to refund you this money, you may wish to proceed through the Small Claims Court if the website is based in Ireland. You should also inform the National Consumer Agency, who can follow up with the trader.
    If the site is based in another member state, you should contact the European Consumer Centre (see link below) for further information.
    However, if you have simply changed your mind about the goods you are returning then the company may ask you to pay for the cost of the return. We suggest consumers make themselves aware of the terms and conditions when it comes to returning unwanted goods.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Faulty-goods/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Can't comment on the postage issue but, to be honest, 1 week since they received the headphones back doesn't seem that long to process and refund.
    ah sure it can't take that long, all they have to do is send it of through paypal or what ever way there working it.

11. Returns
    For any returned package, please go to your PIX&I space and follow the return policy instructions.

Please note that shipping fees are the client’s responsibility except if the product does not conform to the description of said product (the client is responsible for any damage done during the shipment of returned goods).
    For the period covered under warranty, the client must return the product to PIXMANIA’S After-Sales Service. No package will be accepted at the Pixmania head office.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/conditions.html#cgv_11

Q8. I recently purchased goods from an online store. When I received the goods they weren't working. I’ve received a refund for the cost of the goods from the company but not for the cost of returning the goods. Am I entitled to get my delivery charge returned since the product was actually faulty?

Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2001, where a good is faulty the consumer should not be at a loss for the costs of returning the faulty good to the company.
    This, however, only applies to websites based in European Union member states. European websites must include a geographical address so that the consumer can locate the seller in the event of a problem.
    We suggest you contact the seller quoting this piece of legislation and asking them to refund you the cost of returning the faulty goods.
    If after going through the complaints process, the company refuse to refund you this money, you may wish to proceed through the Small Claims Court if the website is based in Ireland. You should also inform the National Consumer Agency, who can follow up with the trader.
    If the site is based in another member state, you should contact the European Consumer Centre (see link below) for further information.
    However, if you have simply changed your mind about the goods you are returning then the company may ask you to pay for the cost of the return. We suggest consumers make themselves aware of the terms and conditions when it comes to returning unwanted goods.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Faulty-goods/
    cheers.

Ill try them again monday, if no luck ill be onto the european consumer centre ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

stevek93 wrote: »
    I am so annoyed now that i can't use proper english! I bought Philips wireless headphones of them last month to find out they weren't working when they arrived, I was told i would be only refunded the retail price and not the shipping costs which in total cost me 30e, I should have argued with them but what good is a broken pair of headphones.

I received a email on the 2nd of this month last friday saying they received the headphones and are processing my request for a refund, now every time i ring them im been told "were currently helping other customers please leave your number and we'll call you back later"!!!!!

Were do i go from here, ive also tried emailing them with no reply?

Took 3 months for them to credit me after the stuff arrived back in their warehouse. Worse company to deal with, ever.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Took 3 months for them to credit me after the stuff arrived back in their warehouse. Worse company to deal with, ever.
    Great! looking forward to hearing what they have to say now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

And I would also be insisting that they should pay you for the shipping. The goods were defective, legally it is their responsibility to pay for it.

Advertisement