Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvements to modded consoles for sale thread - PLEASE READ

Options
  • 09-09-2011 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys, I think we've shown we can stick by the rules set out & therefore can consider the Modded Consoles For Sale thread successful enough :) Thanks to those who contributed to it & made it work, & made it work quite well. Most of the consoles on it seem to be sold, & that says good things.

So, here's the deal. As it stands now the thread is littered with "THIS IS NOW SOLD", & there are multiple ads from the same users. It makes the browsing of the thread somewhat haphazard & inefficient, & thats something I want to change.

My plan is to close off the existing thread, & take the good from it to establish a new more streamlined option. Something closer to the existing Modding & Repair Services thread I think is a better direction. This way each user only gets one post in the thread.

This one post will deal will any & all consoles that user may have for sale. It will be a bit more work on the moderating end when editing time for ads expires etc, but on a browsing level, I think the thread will look a lot easier on the eyes. Plus posts won't have to be deleted to maintain the thread, they can be edited out instead. The rules will remain the same, as they seem to be working well, & ultimately there's very little else I can think of to improve it.

Are there any of you who have an idea or two to throw out there, that you think might improve the thread? Baring in mind any suggestions must fall under the initial rules of the thread. Also, does everyone concerned understand all of the above? I'd like to think everyone is on board with it before its up & running - get the roughwork out of the way here so to speak :)

Advertisement