Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McFlynn from N Ireland, new FT World Champion!

• 09-09-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Guys, a quick note to say Conor McFlynn from Ardboe is the new Field Target World Champion.

The world championships were in Italy this week, and Conor has beaten a huge field from all over the world to win this most sought after event on the FT circuit. Its a really spectacular achievement.

Field Target isn't that popular south of the border, but has a good following in the north, and a huge following in GB and mainland Europe.

South America has really gotten going too - its something I'd love to try myslf to be honest.

Young James Huckle was a rising star in FT, until he was poached to 10m Olympic air rifle, and look at him now.

I suppose its now time to have a quiet word with Conor to try 10m :D

They do shoot standing shots, as well as kneelers and prone so it wouldn't be alien to him.

Conor shoots a Steyr with a March 80x scope and JSB pellets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Brilliant news dl, and damn right, push him towards 10m AR :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Great news for a deserving young man! I've been following this in Gun Mart Magazine.

Great to see that we are continuing to produce world-beating champions in shooting - even the Americans got their a$$es handed to them in FT - a sport that they have taken to in huge numbers.

I have paralympic Gold Medal-winner AR shooter Matt Skelhon's old Feinwerkbau rifle here - hoping that some of his magic will rub off...sigh..........

tac

Advertisement