Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox connection

Options
  • 09-09-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

hi guys, have a problem with my internet connection. it keeps disconnecting every say 30-45 mins. theres never a time when it disconnect. at the moment i have 25 meg upc. here is some of my router settings just incase anyone spots something out of place

Wan blocking: enabled
    ipsec pass through: enabled
    PPTP pass through: enabled
    remote conf management: disabled
    multicase enable: enabled
    UpnP: disabled

my firewall has everything disabled except firewall protection.
    hope this helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Disable everything in the firewall side, check your wireless basic subsection and select channel 1 as new channel and channel 1 as your current channel. Should sort it.

If that has no effect then hard reset the modem (Small "reboot emta" button on the back of the modem), just keep it held til the DS and US lights flash. Should take about 5 mins for a full boot up from there, just bear in mind any custom settings will be lost if you do that.

If you want better performance for a specific device like the xbox look under the DMZ host option on the set up list and enter in you xbox private IP address there. That sets it outside the private network and DHCP routing functions from there on out meaning faster throughput.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Failing that,post every detail about your router and how it's connecting.Someone here should have the same router!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

i think its the cisco epc2425

hightower1 wrote: »
    Disable everything in the firewall side, check your wireless basic subsection and select channel 1 as new channel and channel 1 as your current channel. Should sort it.

If that has no effect then hard reset the modem (Small "reboot emta" button on the back of the modem), just keep it held til the DS and US lights flash. Should take about 5 mins for a full boot up from there, just bear in mind any custom settings will be lost if you do that.

If you want better performance for a specific device like the xbox look under the DMZ host option on the set up list and enter in you xbox private IP address there. That sets it outside the private network and DHCP routing functions from there on out meaning faster throughput.

at the moment my current channel is 11 should this be changed to 1?? thanks

got my connection sort of good now, i changed my reset timer i think from 3600 to 999999 and it took 4 hours for it to disconnect, i also turned on my upnp, all i have to do is get it now that it doesnt disconnect after 4 hours, is there anyone other ideas people have that could help me just not disconnect?. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

ugglasdav wrote: »
    got my connection sort of good now, i changed my reset timer i think from 3600 to 999999 and it took 4 hours for it to disconnect, i also turned on my upnp, all i have to do is get it now that it doesnt disconnect after 4 hours, is there anyone other ideas people have that could help me just not disconnect?. thanks

Your talking about the lease time right? Set that to -1.
    When it reboots do any of the lights change on the front? Have you called their tech support to check for any signal levels issues on your line / area .

thanks, i might give them a call tommorow, when i set it to 999999 it was fine but today it went back to disconnecting me every 30-40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

ugglasdav wrote: »
    at the moment my current channel is 11 should this be changed to 1?? thanks
    channel would only really come into account if you lived in an area with a high level of wireless usage. say for example your neighbours on either side have their own wi-fi set up and their channels are the same as yours it can cause interference. other things come into play such as router positioning and distance(i.e. if its 20 yards away and there are 2 brick walls between the wireless device and the router would be worse than say 2 feet and zero walls). but you should find out first if your disconnecting from the router or your router is disconnecting from the internet

Advertisement