Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depression support in limerick

• 09-09-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hello i am suffering from mental health problems i am wondering what support services are in limerick? i need an affordable counsellor very cheap, i would also benefit with a how to cook programme which is cheap and other small things like this. what support does limerick have for people over the age of 22?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

well,
    my first advice to you is to ring samaratins, if you have not much credit they'll ring you back. they are really great pm me if you are really stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

There is a great support / resource centre on Sexton street.
    Le Cheile.
    The community Reconnect & Recovery network will also be of help to you.
    www.rnrproject.ie .
    They are running 2 day workshops in the midwest region on WRAP. Wellness Recovery Action Planning.
    www.wrapireland.ie

There is GROW on O connell street also.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

thanks i have rang samaritans a few times but i prefer aware helpline. thanks alot for concern

thanks alot for the links pal :) ive been searching google alot to find places like these and couldnt find them at all. thanks alot just what i was looking for. looking forward to ringing le cheile tommorow thanks. do you by chance use any of these services? how did u hear about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

http://www.lkmentalhealth.ie/contacts.htm

Best of luck with everything Limericksports. Make sure you keep talking. Ring samaritans as Puskki suggested, ring aware, heck even come on here and have a natter with a few of us.

Maybe you could visit a GP as most will have a list of contacts that may be of use to you. Not sure what side of Limerick you are on, but if you gave a rough idea as in say Rahhen side or Castlertroy sie or corbally side etc then maybe people in that area could suggest a good GP.

There is also a Personal issues forum here on Boards if you just want to chat with ordinary folk or get something off your chest.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The Social Services building have free counselling services, as does the Redemptorist Church. :)

thanks im trying to get through to these numbers now appreciate the help. hopefully now i be back on my feet again soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

take a look ay www.musictherapyireland.com they use music to help people with their emotions and may be of help to tou. Keep talking anway whatever you do and i commend you for asking for help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Are you in college by any chance? Most colleges offer a free counselling service.

Speak to your GP as they will be able to refer you to the right people. I'm not sure but if you have a medical card you probably won't be charged to see whoever you get referred to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement