Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Shotgun Paint job-Advice

Options
  • 09-09-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey im thinking of spray painting my M47B2 shotgun. Its a great gun and cannot think of what colours and shades to go for. Could anyone help me here? :D And could you please include the name and exact colour of the paint. Thanks :) ps. im not really interested in camo for my shotgun, just say a dark grey barrell and black mag etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

krylon paint is supposedly what people use for doin paint jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

montana hardcore.
    buy it in temple bar from allcittyrecords on crow street

cheeaper then any rip off paints marketed at airsofters.

comes in any colour you want and you wont get dizy from spraying it.

i wouldnt use montana thats graffiti paint and its not suitable for airsoft guns

why isnt it suitable?
    i would argue its more suitable as its harder wearing and weather resistant.

its not exactly made for airsoft guns and krylon is

• Advertisement

made for airsoft guns? you mean sold by airsoft retailers and marketed as camo paint?
    lol, seriously, is that your argument as to why they shouldnt be used?

it wasnt an argument until you turned it in to one it was a suggestion
    im not here to argue about fu##ing paint man

i didnt mean argument in that sense, sorry, i was being light hearted.

krylon isnt made for airsoft.
    krylon is just a brand, the same as plasticote, or tamiya, or whatever other brand comes in a can.

the matte brown/tan/green/black are just another paint colour offered by them.

krylon also comes in bright gloss yellow aswell. its just not seen too often as its not a colour commonly used in airsoft.

its not cheap, and the other brand of paint i've seen marketed at airsofters by airsoft retailers is even more expensive.

montana paints are very cheap for far supperior (IMO) paint.

i didnt realise that its just the only time ive seen montana being used was for graffiti or art projects
    you learn something new every day:)

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    i didnt realise that its just the only time ive seen montana being used was for graffiti or art projects
    you learn something new every day:)

yeah, thats exactly what it is, its graffiti paint.
    but thats what makes it so good.

it's cheap, because you use a lot of it.
    and because its designed to be used out doors,
    it's weather resistant, it's easy to control the can and the spray,
    the cans last, they don't rust, etc etc.

it also smells like bubblegum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

saw this tread yesterday and decided to paint my own sawn off :p
    i can post a pic if you still havent decided on what colors to use

Hey im thinking of spray painting my M47B2 shotgun. Its a great gun and cannot think of what colours and shades to go for. Could anyone help me here? :D And could you please include the name and exact colour of the paint. Thanks :) ps. im not really interested in camo for my shotgun, just say a dark grey barrell and black mag etc.
    where did you pick up that gun and how much was it? it looks pretty cool:cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 10 Ghost4893

Well your asking on what colour to paint it as long as it's a "dark gray barrel and black mag", I'd say go for dark gray and black! You answered your own question I think! Just make sure you plastic primer it first so the paint will stick to the plastic! Some paints will adhear to plastic the best but better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

ok thanks everyone thats some great feedback thanks a million :)

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    i got it at just bb guns .ie and it was 30 euro i think :) its a great, powerful and very accurate gun ! its so accurate i use it in my back garden to shoot a tiny metal ball haha!

yeah please :P

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    i got it at just bb guns .ie and it was 30 euro i think :) its a great, powerful and very accurate gun ! its so accurate i use it in my back garden to shoot a tiny metal ball haha!
    Was looking there today :P I'm thinking of getting the gas pistol for like 25 euro. What's the p and p with them?

yeah please :P
    Heres mine (only done the first part so far)
    its not great but its better than the two tone orange and black :cool:

p and p is 10 euro :)

from what ive heard, that gas pistol isnt meant to be that good :/ thats just from what ive heard :)

Just to give you an update, I was in allcity today, 4.50 a can for 400ml cans and any colour you want gloss or Matt. Differant shades of pay green tan and brown aswell.
    They had Chrome paints aswell in silver gold bronze etc aswell.
    Well worth a visit. Spare caps to keep the spray clean over multiple guns and paint markers too.

• Advertisement

p and p is 10 euro :)

from what ive heard, that gas pistol isnt meant to be that good :/ thats just from what ive heard :)
    Yea, it says 250 fps which is pretty weak for gas :/ what's the fps on that shotgun? Ten pounds will get your gun delivered to Ireland from their uk site which has a huge range of guns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I in the process of painting my guns and one of them is my super 90, what i did was spray the cocking handle and the stock/grip OD looks pretty nice.

T4RGET wrote: »
    I in the process of painting my guns and one of them is my super 90, what i did was spray the cocking handle and the stock/grip OD looks pretty nice.

any picks of that man because i have the m3 and allways thought about painting it

300 Fps :) good power :)

any picks of that man because i have the m3 and allways thought about painting it

can try tomorrow, the light isn't great in my room atm for the pictures :P

do u no say if you buy a gun from the UK website on just bb guns does it come to you in orange and black? coz they have a huge range!

do u no say if you buy a gun from the UK website on just bb guns does it come to you in orange and black? coz they have a huge range!

finally got them :)

there is the OD shotgun, also my M4 with OD bits

6181595345_0bb902597f_b.jpg
    DSC00112

thats nice man you did a good job on that

thats nice man you did a good job on that

cheers man, pretty easy too, remove stock and plastic bits from cocking mech and go to town, needed 3 coats but happy with it now, makes it more unique :)

• Advertisement

yeah its quite unique
    how do you think it would look in tan?

Advertisement