Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rover tickets news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Be careful you'll bring them back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Nearly fell of my barstool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

They went on sale on ticketmaster earlier this afternoon, looks like they are gone now, they were charging a booking fee of €17.85 on a €70 ticket:eek:
    Edit: it has been changed to €5.94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 PerryRoko

ziedth wrote: »
    Be careful you'll bring them back :)

I thought the thread titled "Them Up the Road" would be referring to us.

On the ticket front, its very disappointing to see that even though the game was a sell out against Rubin Kazan there were hundreds of empty seats, presumably from diehard Spurs fans from Dublin who bought the three match package and f*cked the other two tickets in the bin.

Meanwhile we've sold out our allocation to the away game in Tottenham next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

PerryRoko wrote: »
    I thought the thread titled "Them Up the Road" would be referring to us.

On the ticket front, its very disappointing to see that even though the game was a sell out against Rubin Kazan there were hundreds of empty seats, presumably from diehard Spurs fans from Dublin who bought the three match package and f*cked the other two tickets in the bin.

Meanwhile we've sold out our allocation to the away game in Tottenham next week.

who on here wants to see Rovers v Rubin.....no one!

Evidently not. Sure if you went to three games in one season that's nearly 4 and half hours out in the cold, and what sort of football fan would be able to hack that. Especially when you could be reading Ceefax updates of other games, or at least watch the highlights on 101greatgoals at some stage over the next week.

Did you manage to get a ticket yourself BERBA?

Gents, this is my one and only post on this. If this shi*e continues, I'll close this thread and continue to close every thread related to this game. Discuss the football, and thats it.

Cheers

The thread is "rover tickets news" (I'm sure there will be further topics on the game itself next week), and all the posts have all been about Europa League tickets. I had one little sentence making a quip in response to what BERBA said, but quickly brought it back on-topic by asking had he got a ticket. Unless you just didn't like my post, and don't want anyone commenting from a Rovers perspective on the tickets for the Rovers game, I can't really see why even a boards.ie moderator would need to be aggrieved.

Apologies if this is better suited for a PM, feel free to delete after reading Hatch99, if its deemed to drag the thread off-topic.

PM Sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

gotta say hatch with all thats gone on in here with some of those rovers fans i really do hope we go to town on them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I probably wouldve gone if had been in the Aviva.
    Would it have not made commercial sense for Rovers to have this game played there? Im sure a lot of spurs would have travelled and made a long weekend out of it. At lot of us here who are not going to the game would have easy access to tickets and gone. Also you might have got neutral fans coming just for the chance to see a league of ireland club playing and english club in a major competion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

oppiuy wrote: »
    I probably wouldve gone if had been in the Aviva.
    Would it have not made commercial sense for Rovers to have this game played there? Im sure a lot of spurs would have travelled and made a long weekend out of it. At lot of us here who are not going to the game would have easy access to tickets and gone. Also you might have got neutral fans coming just for the chance to see a league of ireland club playing and english club in a major competion.

All 3 games would have to be in the same stadium so Landsdown would of been empty for the other 2. Not sure about the comercial sense of it but the decision was made because of what the players, fans, and club wanted. I think the 8500 capacity of Tallaght will allow for a few neutrals who might be won over! (or a few Irish based Spurs fans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BERBA wrote: »
    gotta say hatch with all thats gone on in here with some of those rovers fans i really do hope we go to town on them next week.

It will hardly be a surprise given the differences in resources.

But then again. most Irish EPL supporters are like my nephew when he plays FIFA. He sulks if he doesn't get the stringer team and makes his little bro take the weaker team when they play.

He is 12 though, in faintness.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

stovelid wrote: »
    It will hardly be a surprise given the differences in resources.

But then again. most Irish EPL supporters are like my nephew when he plays FIFA. He sulks if he doesn't get the stringer team and makes his little bro take the weaker team when they play.

He is 12 though, in faintness.

I actually expect Rovers to do very well (but hopefully still lose). Rovers players will be so up for it and they should be. Shouldnt and wont matter to them what team spurs put out its a game in WHL against a premiership side. How many times in football or sport in general does pure fight and will to win overcome the odds not to mention the fact that they will have great support with them. Should be a good day and game.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Should be a good day and game.

Same goes for the away leg, wherever you sit and whoever you support.

HigsBoson wrote: »
    Same goes for the away leg, wherever you sit and whoever you support.

Agree, almost certain I will be in with the spurs fans but one way or the other will be a great occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If we had met a spurs reserve team earlier in campaign I might have hoped to keep it tight or at least not to get a hiding but the team are feeling the effects of a long season recently. I do fear the worst but looking forward to the trip. Always wanted to see WHL.

From what I hear, spurs have put aside a neutral section for non-home fans as well as the away. For non-spurs London Irish who want to come and watch I assume.

We have sold 1800 away tickets so far and another 400 should be gone soon.

If we had met a spurs reserve team earlier in campaign I might have hoped to keep it tight or at least not to get a hiding but the team are feeling the effects of a long season recently. I do fear the worst but looking forward to the trip. Always wanted to see WHL.

Its a great stadium, old school, tight in on top of the pitch. Area is what it is but some ok boozers mostly home fans only. Irish centre in Haringay is 5 mins from the ground, just past WHL station and will welcome you with open arms I would say. Be a good place to interact with spurs fans and some locals. If you want any info drop a note.

Neutral section is right beside park lane upr, for london irish rovers fans and spurs fans who want to sit with rovers fans. first time I ever heard of it and hope its a success. I am right beside it so will see how it works. The one fear I have from a spurs perspective is the Derby is on the sunday so prob only 1/2 spurs regulars will play.

Only thing from an atmosphere point of view is spurs fans wont go in massive numbers I would say so hope that doesnt take away too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

From what I hear, spurs have put aside a neutral section for non-home fans as well as the away. For non-spurs London Irish who want to come and watch I assume.

Barstoolers, should support their local team :p

Neutral section is right beside park lane upr, for london irish rovers fans and spurs fans who want to sit with rovers fans. first time I ever heard of it and hope its a success. I am right beside it so will see how it works. The one fear I have from a spurs perspective is the Derby is on the sunday so prob only 1/2 spurs regulars will play.

Only thing from an atmosphere point of view is spurs fans wont go in massive numbers I would say so hope that doesnt take away too much.

Just putting them all in one place instead of all over the shop like Krakow. They'll be there anyway.

Where you staying after the game? I'm in the Rad, have an early flight home Friday. Few beers yeah?

Just putting them all in one place instead of all over the shop like Krakow. They'll be there anyway.

Where you staying after the game? I'm in the Rad, have an early flight home Friday. Few beers yeah?

Few beers indeed. over on the 15.00 with Bud,Philip anyway, staying in the Rad too. Bud was talking about going back to volunteer after the game for a few and get the last train back to airport. Suit you?

Few beers indeed. over on the 15.00 with Bud,Philip anyway, staying in the Rad too. Bud was talking about going back to volunteer after the game for a few and get the last train back to airport. Suit you?

On the same flight mate, will sort something out with you on the day.

Advertisement