Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

wispyman wrote: »
    Is it me or are the times showing gibberish? Not likely to give people confidence in the system :rolleyes:

I think that's Irish, nóm = nóiméad. Irish for 'minutes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

babo9 wrote: »
    A friend of mine in CIT said they took down the bus stop there and replaced it with what looks like one that's exactly the same, so maybe they put something there to get that ready for real time?
    ya they generally leave a new shiny metal pole next to the new bus stop and they will come round doing the screens etc shortly.
    Just a tip for everyone dont depend on the screens or the bus eireann real time schedule for a while they are still having ocassional issues with "Ghost buses " never turning up in dublin , or arriving far quicker than the time on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

ocassional issues with "Ghost buses " never turning up in dublin

Obviously its taking them too long to serve all the ghost estates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Argh - a joke so bad it's funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Cork Samaritans are 40 Years open and doing a number of public lectures.
    Its being launched on Thursday, January 19th by David Coleman - should be interesting

From their website
    Cork Samaritans is preparing to mark its 40 year anniversary in 2012. The Cork branch of the Charity, which is the largest provider of emotional support in Ireland, was founded in 1972 and has been operating its support service ever since.

To mark the milestone a number of events are planned throughout 2012 commencing on January 19th 2012 with a public event in City Hall Cork.
    David Coleman
    of the RTE series “Teens in the Wild” will present the first of a public lecture series aimed at highlighting the importance of good emotional health.

This will be preceded by a reception and photo exhibition commencing at 6pm.

Anyone interested in attending on January 19th are urged to contact info@corksamaritans.ie as only a limited number of tickets are available. The reception will commence at 6pm in the Millennium Hall at City Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Quick question on the buses.

Do the buses that go from the city out to ballincollig etc. Stop at every stop??
    I need to get one tomorrow and my friend has me gone paranoid that they dont..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Quick question on the buses.

Do the buses that go from the city out to ballincollig etc. Stop at every stop??
    I need to get one tomorrow and my friend has me gone paranoid that they dont..

They do stop at every stop but you need to check and make sure which route each one is taking as there are 3 routes and you can tell by looking at the schedule where it will go.

If it has a stop listed at Carrigrohane it will take the road by the river.
    If it has a stop listed at Model Farm Road it goes up by CIT
    If it has a stop listed at Leemount Cross it is going out that way to the north before coming back to Carrigrohane at the round about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Jaysus the cork forums are the quietest I have seen in a long time!! hows everyone lately?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

busy with a house move, but back to normal now!

how're you?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

deRanged wrote: »

Sounds like a moving story! I hope you got all that Ikea stuff moved without breaking it - I always scratch or break something during moving and it really bugs me when it happens.

• Advertisement

wispyman wrote: »
    I hope you got all that Ikea stuff moved without breaking it .

yup, even though we had to dismantle it twice!

how're you?

Not too bad now at all. how did your new years abroad go? The house stuff all sorted now.. that's good! I hate moving too but its lovely when you make a place your own :)

nursemar88 wrote: »
    how did your new years abroad go?

absolutely brilliant. I even saw some snow!
    I'm really hoping I won't ever move again - I don't know how people can move every year or whatever. it's a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

However - moving house is a good opportunity to get rid of LOTS of crap. It can be very therapeutic in that way.

Only moved last November and filled a skip with stuff.

that's probably where we went wrong - we didn't get rid of much, if anything.

absolutely brilliant. I even saw some snow!
    ah that's great.. got some bit of a white winter so! I'd say you got some beautiful photos :)
    that's probably where we went wrong - we didn't get rid of much, if anything.
    hahaha ya that could be where you went wrong. I always have to do a big clearout when we move. This time around i had three black bags and 2 big boxes of stuff for the charity shop. However I don't wanna move again for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Jaysus the cork forums are the quietest I have seen in a long time!! hows everyone lately?? :)

Always seems to be dead these days which is a pity :(

I wish it was back to the good old days when there were people chatting everyday and there were events at least once a week....I can dream :(:(

Miss you hun! xx

kingtut wrote: »
    Always seems to be dead these days which is a pity :(

I wish it was back to the good old days when there were people chatting everyday and there were events at least once a week....I can dream :(:(

Miss you hun! xx
    Ya but sure we're all to blame. People have their own lives and get busy so don't bother with the forums. Sure I know I fecked off for the best part of a year and I'm sure other people do as well. That's just the way life goes :)

Miss ya too x

also does anyone know of anything interesting going on tonight? any gigs, table quizzes or stuff like that? bored and wanna do something tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

a only saw the comment now. was bored all evening

• Advertisement

a only saw the comment now. was bored all evening

daaammmmnnn

I see Directors Cut is moving to French Church st. opening 4th February.
    6769970355_91bf0187bb_z.jpg
    Directors Cut relocating by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I wonder what will move in to the space in the Queen's Old Castle - it's a huge space.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would be a great place for a pub or someplace for live gigs maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

also does anyone know of anything interesting going on tonight? any gigs, table quizzes or stuff like that? bored and wanna do something tonight :)

Damn just saw this now also and I was free and bored :( x

I wonder what will move in to the space in the Queen's Old Castle - it's a huge space.

My Mum worked there went it was a department store years and years ago.

I remember there being a bunch of different shops in there, not that I could tell you what any of them were!

Yeah, I remember that too, sort of a Stephen's Green type thing (admittedly a much smaller one), when my Mum worked there 'twas Penneys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The Banana tree used to sell "exotic" rizzla papers.

Mmmmad before there was a Mmmmad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

was looking forward to a quite weekend. now im bored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

There used to be a shop called "Mirror Mirror" in there in the 80's and it had fab clothes. Loved going in there.

Advertisement