Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

was looking forward to a quite weekend. now im bored
    Beet-tasting at the Franciscan Well tonite if you have nothing else on.Am heading there myself with a few friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

deRanged wrote: »
    I see Directors Cut is moving to French Church st. opening 4th February.
    6769970355_91bf0187bb_z.jpg
    Directors Cut relocating by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I wonder what will move in to the space in the Queen's Old Castle - it's a huge space.

Heard it was going to be like a euro shop or something similar to poundland in uk! :eek: Don't know how true that is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I remember there being a bunch of different shops in there, not that I could tell you what any of them were!

toymaster was in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Heard it was going to be like a euro shop or something similar to poundland in uk! :eek: Don't know how true that is.

Would have to be a pretty big brand name, if thats the case me thinks. Sure the rates on that place alone would nearly be as large as the rent :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you were right!
    It's Dealz, which is a "discount poundland store"

6840969219_d8ea8c08e7_z.jpg
    Dealz comes to the Queen's Old Castle by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NURSEMAR88 !!! :D:D:D

Happy Birthday Nursemar88.. Have a great one :)

Does anyone know if that comic book store (I think it was a comicbook store) is still open upstairs in Paul Street shopping centre? I haven't been in there in years, and my inner geek has been calling out to me to invest in some more collectables :p
    Or can anyone reccomend a store in the city, that sells similar type of stuff..
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Dercola wrote: »

Does anyone know if that comic book store (I think it was a comicbook store) is still open upstairs in Paul Street shopping centre? I haven't been in there in years, and my inner geek has been calling out to me to invest in some more collectables :p
    Or can anyone reccomend a store in the city, that sells similar type of stuff..
    Cheers

It was open as of about 6 months ago anyhow, not sure about now :o

Edit - found their website. It has their phone number, you could try to call them and see. http://store.otherrealms.com/store/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep other Realms is still there alrite...Whats the Dealz place about never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Looks like a pound shop but with groceries including milk and frozen food too. Hard to get excited about it.

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »

Edit - found their website. It has their phone number, you could try to call them and see. http://store.otherrealms.com/store/
    Milly33 wrote: »
    Yep other Realms is still there alrite...Whats the Dealz place about never heard of it before

Must have an ol wander in there so at some stage over the weekend.
    Cheers for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

There's one in Kilarney - haven't been in there but it's supposed to be a good shop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jujibee wrote: »

My god haven't been up there in year :)

The dealz in killarney have everyuthing for 1.49 or under. Have a lot of good dealz.:rolleyes:;) Im a bit of a pound shop addict Ill admit. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The dealz in killarney have everyuthing for 1.49 or under. Have a lot of good dealz.:rolleyes:;) Im a bit of a pound shop addict Ill admit. :o
    I love little things from the €2 shop I'll admit also :)

it gets better! Keith Duffy (of Boyzone no less) will be there Thursday for the opening!

6865633505_d0a02d86bf_z.jpg
    20120211_104610 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

kingtut wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY NURSEMAR88 !!! :D:D:D
    Dercola wrote: »

Thanks! :D

it gets better! Keith Duffy (of Boyzone no less) will be there Thursday for the opening!

Ha, ha, ha!! My god... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Wow Keith Duffy, a magician AND a face painter! wow I really could not ask for more! :rolleyes:

spotted this today, thought it was funny.
    it looks like people think zanzibaar is to let and are ringing the owner :)

6877518851_bc9f6a32d5.jpg
    IMG_5400 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I can see why they are confused though.
    6877519697_ea1486d35c.jpg
    IMG_5399 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I really get the urge to change 'TO LET' to 'TOILET' everytime I see it. 'ZANZIBAR IS NOT TOILET' would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Owen wrote: »
    I really get the urge to change 'TO LET' to 'TOILET' everytime I see it. 'ZANZIBAR IS NOT TOILET' would be funny.

Wow - I'm so glad someone else does that too! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Owen wrote: »

Me too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

If you're getting the ladder out anyway you might as well bring a black sticker about as long as the 'not' with an 'A' on it.

I thought zanzibar has been around for ages so how did they end up in trouble?

eth0 wrote: »

.. they didn't :)
    'tis the bank below that is to let.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Even since Benny Hill did it in the 50's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

eth0 wrote: »

Prenderville has the whole story.

Synopsis, Bank does remedial work on its property which cracks the whole edifice from bottom to top.

Restaurant in dispute with bank, health inspectors shuts restaurant, repairs are made, restaurant part opens, bank does more work, restaurant falls down, health inspector closes restaurant, more repairs done by owner, restaurant part opens again AND while all this is going on, trade at restaurant stops, even when it's open for business.

new chapter, bank closed, owner hangs new signs out window .... :D

Totally stoked about this weekend. I'm in a new band that I setup with a few lads last year, and we've been rehearsing damn hard. We've done a few county gigs so far, but this weekend's my first gig in front of friends in Cork and really excited about it. Been in a lot of bands for years, one band gigging every weekend for 7 years, but this band's the first one I feel that everyone in the band's on the same page, giving 110% and genuinely talented - best of all, it's like playing with mates and having the bonus of getting a few quid at the end of the night.

Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Where are you playing Owen? I might pop in.

• Advertisement

Sunday night in the Grafton Bar - across from the Brog on Oliver Plunkett Street, or if you're up Mallow direction tomorrow night, we're in the Marakibo. Nice one!

Advertisement