Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is anyone else experiencing split-second power outages tonight? We're in the jewtown area and twice the electricity has cut off for only a second a time. My housemate said the street lights went off too, so I'm assuming it's not just our flat. Wondering how localised it is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

someone on twitter mentioned 2 of them in the Ballinlough area. I've no idea what's causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It happened us last night twice aswelll..It was weird never had it happen before..We are in the ballintemple area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

and how is everyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am all kinds of sneezy. No fun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

jujibee wrote: »

Aw poor you :o Hope you gets better soon... Feel shocking myself too!! :(

jujibee wrote: »
    me too! being in bed for 3 days... eugh! :( hope you feel better soon

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Aw poor you :o Hope you gets better soon... Feel shocking myself too!! :(
    also hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Do any of you guys take Beroca/aldi,lidl equiviant, i have been on them the last 2 years after suffering bad flus and colds before and i find now that colds and flus dont effect me much at all , maybe runny nose for a few days and thats it.

I would highly reccomend taking them year round ,seem to of helped me a lot these last 2 years.

Do any of you guys take Beroca/aldi,lidl equiviant, i have been on them the last 2 years after suffering bad flus and colds before and i find now that colds and flus dont effect me much at all , maybe runny nose for a few days and thats it.

I would highly reccomend taking them year round ,seem to of helped me a lot these last 2 years.
    I always try them, and my vitamins, for a while but i just get lazy and out of a routine so I stop taking them. its good that they work for you though. Would love to have no flu for 2 years! :)

• Advertisement

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I always try them, and my vitamins, for a while but i just get lazy and out of a routine so I stop taking them. its good that they work for you though. Would love to have no flu for 2 years! :)
    You have to incorparte them into your day, i have my instead of a glass of OJ with breakfast as they are orange flavoured anyway.

You have to incorparte them into your day, i have my instead of a glass of OJ with breakfast as they are orange flavoured anyway.
    eugh no thanks! I prefer my OJ and it's basically the same thing (or so I believe). I do find I'm more willing to take like Vitamin tablets or capsules anyways. I just hate dissolved stuff.. Have never been good at drinking stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

You just reminded me that we ran out of vitamin c and I need to pick some up at the store today :)

eugh no thanks! I prefer my OJ and it's basically the same thing (or so I believe). I do find I'm more willing to take like Vitamin tablets or capsules anyways. I just hate dissolved stuff.. Have never been good at drinking stuff like that.
    Im the opposite cant stomach taking tablets or capsules but no problem with disolved stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

+1, I hate the taste of the dissolved tabs. I just eat the vit C tablets, I know your meant to dissolve them but it hasn't done me any harm:pac:

corkcomp wrote: »
    +1, I hate the taste of the dissolved tabs. I just eat the vit C tablets, I know your meant to dissolve them but it hasn't done me any harm:pac:

Yay it's not just me!! Not too sure about chewing them though... ewh the chalkiness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Anybody ever have weird dreams?
    I had a terrible one last night that I was been forcibly circumcised by something that looked like a gun. Jesus I woke up in a panic.
    I usually don't remember my dreams but I certainly won't forget that one.

54kroc wrote: »
    I had a terrible one last night that I was been forcibly circumcised by something that looked like a gun. Jesus I woke up in a panic.
    well that sounds horrendous but according to Dreammoods.com:

Force:To dream that you are being forced to do something indicates negative feelings that are being pushed out of the unconscious. Feelings of hate, aggression or anger which you may have suppressed need to be addressed head on.

and

Circumcise:To dream that you are being circumcised suggests that you are getting rid of an essential part of yourself. Alternatively, it may mean that you are regressing and cutting yourself off from feeling emotions.

so whatcha think?

well that sounds horrendous but according to Dreammoods.com:

Force:To dream that you are being forced to do something indicates negative feelings that are being pushed out of the unconscious. Feelings of hate, aggression or anger which you may have suppressed need to be addressed head on.

and

Circumcise:To dream that you are being circumcised suggests that you are getting rid of an essential part of yourself. Alternatively, it may mean that you are regressing and cutting yourself off from feeling emotions.

so whatcha think?

Strangely enough it's surprisingly accurate, Just add cranky bast*rd to that and it pretty much sums me up.

Did you eat any cheese or any thing "heavy" not long before bed that often triggers dreams

• Advertisement

Strangely enough it's surprisingly accurate, Just add cranky bast*rd to that and it pretty much sums me up.

I often have nightmares and I use dream analyzers and more than often they are surprisingly accurate. I never read into stuff like that but i was having nightmares so often, someone suggested it and like 90% of the time is was true. It helps to know whats behind them really.

Did you eat any cheese or any thing "heavy" not long before bed that often triggers dreams

Nope no food at all.
    I often have nightmares and I use dream analyzers and more than often they are surprisingly accurate. I never read into stuff like that but i was having nightmares so often, someone suggested it and like 90% of the time is was true. It helps to know whats behind them really.

It's strange alright, tbh I thought dream interpretation was just a load of codswallop, more the fool me I guess.

It's strange alright, tbh I thought dream interpretation was just a load of codswallop, more the fool me I guess.
    Oh i thought it was stupid too, like psychics or astronomy, but it really helped with mine. Well more so it helped me explain them and that in itself helped. :)

hey guys how are we all ? look its sunshine :)

bored, bored, bored.....:pac::pac:

Oh i thought it was stupid too, like psychics or astronomy, but it really helped with mine. Well more so it helped me explain them and that in itself helped. :)
    Im sure you meant astrology :D

im sure astronomy is a very real science :D

Im sure you meant astrology :D

im sure astronomy is a very real science :D

You are correct, of course, good sir! :D Jesus i'd be shot if I said at home astronomy was a croc!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What's parking like in the train station? Is it safe?

I'd sooner park in the Citi Car Park, couple of hundred yards away, very reasonable day rate too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I stayed in a hostel nearby Kent Station and couldn't get a wink of sleep what with a load of lads snoring and farting so I packed my bag and headed for the back seat of my car.
    Unfortunately the gates of the carpark were locked and there was no way I was going back to the hostel so I drunkenly climbed a ten foot high spiked fence.

Silly me but besides the sleeping arrangements we had a great time. Drank at the Bierhaus, ate at the Bierhalle, then on to Ovens Tavern, Oliver Plunkett, Crane Lane and then back to the Bru Hostel for residents bar :cool:

I love Cork and will be back.

Advertisement