Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

so I drunkenly climbed a ten foot high spiked fence.

there are some fairly high drops over those walls!

evening all. beautifully clear evening out tonight. great for stargazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I drunkenly climbed a ten foot high spiked fence.

I'm glad it worked out for you.
    I love Cork and will be back.

You're always welcome back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I don't usually do this but I think everyone needs to see this video. Please watch and share with as many people as you can. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

anyone see the queues for the jobs expo at silversprings, mental stuff altogether, i know a dozen people gone or going abroad to work this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I don't usually do this but I think everyone needs to see this video. Please watch and share with as many people as you can. Thanks

Watched that video on here yesterday. Very well put together and it does tug at the heart strings a bit. Plus its after exploding all over FB in the last 24hrs.
    Still don't know what to make of it tho. Seen a fellow boardsie post up on Facebook about how only 32% of the money raised actually goes to Africa, and apparently the top exec's in the charity all took home salaries of over $200,000 last year.
    In the next breath, they are trying to achieve something for the greater good, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Dercola wrote: »
    , they are trying to achieve something for the greater good, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now :P

Opening lines, there are MORE people on FB than were living on the planet 200 years ago **** Bingo **** problem immediately obvious.

We need wars, Pestilence, famines and population culls. There are eco balances in nature all the time, a food supply gets plentiful and the creatures feeding off it grow in size and number, soon exhausting the food supply and they starve to death until their number reaches sustainable levels and the food supply returns to a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

We need people to stop baby farming. Might sound mental, but it's not really. We're at a tipping point where we have a Church telling people in Africa not to use condoms and the end result is a lot of people not having a lot of food, and people in Ireland still having 4 kids each. The population growth of the planet is unsustainable, and the only Country tackling this head on is China. They may have taken the wrong approach, but definitely something needs to be done on a global scale. And I'm saying this as someone who's Dad was in a family of 17 or something like that.

For anyone that has seen the KONY 2012 video that's doing the rounds, here are some articles that are essential reading before you go spending your hard earned money on the KONY 2012 pack and donating to the charity "Invisible children". Reading these will also give you a more balanced insight to this complex issue.

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/national/children-and-youth/invisible-children-in-san-diego-ca-4469

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

'we' are not baby farming. its people in poor countries popping as many out as they can so they have someone to look after them in their old age.

Here in Ireland things aren't so bad, only just enough being born to replace dead people maybe a slight increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

eth0 wrote: »
    'we' are not baby farming. its people in poor countries popping as many out as they can so they have someone to look after them in their old age.

Here in Ireland things aren't so bad, only just enough being born to replace dead people maybe a slight increase.

I think it's more lack of education and abiding by the ridiculous anti conception teachings of the church that's responsible rather than wanting to create more care givers:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    I think it's more lack of education and abiding by the ridiculous anti conception teachings of the church that's responsible rather than wanting to create more care givers:rolleyes:

QFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Wrote a massive rant in the Driving thread only to submit it and get a thread closed error :(

TGIF anyway!!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Wrote a massive rant in the Driving thread only to submit it and get a thread closed error :(

TGIF anyway!!
    ha ive done that a number of times ! Thinking my answer pure genius and then closed thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I feel your pain. I've learned if I'm going to post something really long to type it out in Word first with autosave turned on.

I almost feel bad now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

deRanged wrote: »
    I almost feel bad now :(
    lol don't man my own fault!!

I normally do a ctrl + A, ctrl + C before I post out of habit due to work when sending emails we have issues sometimes but forgot on this occasion!!

To summarize my point - people on the south link and Ballincollig bypass need to know to drive in the left lane unless they're overtaking somebody - got stuck behind two fools in a row Sunday!! :mad:

PaulieC wrote: »
    - people on the south link and Ballincollig bypass need to know to drive in the left lane unless they're overtaking somebody

that's just people everywhere though. anywhere there's two lanes, you'll find the right-lane hoggers.

deRanged wrote: »
    that's just people everywhere though. anywhere there's two lanes, you'll find the right-lane hoggers.
    so very true :)

anyways how are we all tonight? doing anything interesting for the weekend??

I'm gigging with my band, which I really can't wait for. We're still new on the scene, and although we've a load of venues and dates, they're all a few weeks apart. And I got a load of new music gear today that I get to play with on stage tomorrow night.

Other than that, I also got my dog back from my ex last night. We do a shared custody thing of the dog, but to be fair, I get the dog for most of the time. Sitting here with the fire on, beer chilled, dog asleep on the couch next to me. It really doesn't get a whole lot better than that!!

Owen wrote: »
    I'm gigging with my band, which I really can't wait for. We're still new on the scene, and although we've a load of venues and dates, they're all a few weeks apart. And I got a load of new music gear today that I get to play with on stage tomorrow night.

Other than that, I also got my dog back from my ex last night. We do a shared custody thing of the dog, but to be fair, I get the dog for most of the time. Sitting here with the fire on, beer chilled, dog asleep on the couch next to me. It really doesn't get a whole lot better than that!!
    Cool. Whats the name of your band? What do ya play? Custody of a dog.. couldn't imagine that! If I had a dog, no one would ever take it off me!! Sound like a good evening though :)

• Advertisement

This band's called SuckerPunch, we play a lot of rock, but it's huge fun. We don't do normal rock - we found that every band out there has 90% of the same material as every other band, so we decided to play Music people love, but had forgotten about. Throw in a rock edge to all our songs, 4 part harmonies and a keyboard player for Mars, and it all comes together. We do a lot of recent chart hits with a rock edge too :) Our Yootoob channel is here : http://youtube.com/user/suckerpunchcork/

And yeah, my dog's going to be glued to me for as long as I have her. I'd say most parents don't spoil their kids as much as I spoil my dog :D

This band's called SuckerPunch, we play a lot of rock, but it's huge fun. We don't do normal rock - we found that every band out there has 90% of the same material as every other band, so we decided to play Music people love, but had forgotten about. Throw in a rock edge to all our songs, 4 part harmonies and a keyboard player for Mars, and it all comes together. We do a lot of recent chart hits with a rock edge too :) Our Yootoob channel is here : http://youtube.com/user/suckerpunchcork/

And yeah, my dog's going to be glued to me for as long as I have her. I'd say most parents don't spoil their kids as much as I spoil my dog :D

sounds good, I'll have to check it out :) ye gigging much in Cork?

Oh god if I had a dog I would be like that.. I adore dogs! Can't wait to eventually get the two I want . Have to wait another while until I have time, money and space though.

We're only starting in the City now, did mostly County gigs up until now. We do Door51 once a month, we've done the Grafton, we've gigs booked in the Rochestown Inn and Treacys in Ballincollig too. Hoping to break into Reardens soon enough.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for the gigs so! Checked the youtube.. ye play the pretender so that's a plus in my books :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was yer drummer in slyvia saint (don't think I'm spelling that right) by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Nice gig in De Barras. Like the AHA stuff. Brave choices of music.

We're only starting in the City now, did mostly County gigs up until now. We do Door51 once a month, we've done the Grafton, we've gigs booked in the Rochestown Inn and Treacys in Ballincollig too. Hoping to break into Reardens soon enough.

when's the gig in Treacys? as for dog's... they take up SOOOOO much time but worth it:D saw a quote on dog welfare site recently - you have your job, friends, nights out, hobbies etc but your dog only has you!

corkcomp wrote: »
    as for dog's... they take up SOOOOO much time but worth it:D saw a quote on dog welfare site recently - you have your job, friends, nights out, hobbies etc but your dog only has you!
    That made me go awh! :) I want my dogs now... sigh..

nursemar88 wrote: »
    That made me go awh! :) I want my dogs now... sigh..

lol It makes u think though:cool: How's things with you? must have a boards beers soon:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Look good. Id go see ye :D When Im allowed out again Ill look ye up to see where you are playing.;)

Advertisement