Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

to be fair brink had a massive amount of unsold new copies as it reviewed poorer than expected, and generally didnt recieve a great reception

and that't why I was trading it in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

and that't why I was trading it in :D
    did you your lessons to check user reviews first ?
    Dont think ID can be trusted these days between the last Quake , Brink and Rage all mediocre games really.
    I feel Bethesda is going down this route a bit Skyrim for me didnt have the long term appeal of oblivion or morrowind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

did you your lessons to check user reviews first ?
    Dont think ID can be trusted these days between the last Quake , Brink and Rage all mediocre games really.
    I feel Bethesda is going down this route a bit Skyrim for me didnt have the long term appeal of oblivion or morrowind

no,I had it on pre order and it was payed well in advanced,something I won't be doing Again.I was a bit disappointed with skyrim too,haven't played it in about 2 months,I must try some mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

People in tracksuits looks stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Diabhalta wrote: »
    People in tracksuits looks stupid.

Ok, so you have negative things to say about Ireland, Irish drinking laws, Irish driving laws, people in tracksuits, cyclists, northsiders, the franciscan well, mahon point cinema, heaven pizza, speeding laws and I could go on. How about trying to post something positive next time?

in other news - did any other boards people do the 21 bridges of Cork walk this morning? Ainu and I did - it was great fun. Lovely weather for it too. I reckon there was a good 300 people at it.
    6889753442_72f825d21a.jpg
    21 Bridges of Cork by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

So has the MV Julia left Cork now? As per the examiner article...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-ferry-embarks-on-new-life-as-floating-hotel-188891.html

not yet, noon tomorrow is the latest departure date.

deRanged wrote: »
    not yet, noon tomorrow is the latest departure date.

Last chance for pictures then! Looks kinda cool parked up there - but I guess it is not really a monument to success...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Ok, so you have negative things to say about Ireland, Irish drinking laws, Irish driving laws, people in tracksuits, cyclists, northsiders, the franciscan well, mahon point cinema, heaven pizza, speeding laws and I could go on. How about trying to post something positive next time?

Do you find strange that I have a problem with burnt food and I'm mentioning it here? Well, I don't. Same with other things... It is a fact, that I said few negative things here and there in short period of time so your impression is right, but it is really just an impression. I do find plenty of good things when going through the "same s$%t, different day" process but we are on internet here, which means that people tend to discuss negative things which are they experiencing in life. I simply won't start a thread called: "Today no one knocked me off my bike on South Ring", or ''I drove from G-braher to Donnybrook and back without being threatened by any lame-a#@ driver". I'm presenting here my opinons and it is my right - and fact, that they are (at the moment) all negative is a coincidence which you obviously don't like. If I will have a good breakfast tomorrow I will mention it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

in other news - did any other boards people do the 21 bridges of Cork walk this morning? Ainu and I did - it was great fun. Lovely weather for it too. I reckon there was a good 300 people at it.

I never heard about this, I would have loved to have taken part :(

Where was it advertised ?

kingtut wrote: »
    Where was it advertised ?

the evening echo, around UCC, places like that.

Happy Easter folks!
    I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

who wants a laugh? ive moved in and settled in cork again...but i have no key! if i leave the apartment, im locked out until tuesday!

stevexo wrote: »
    who wants a laugh? ive moved in and settled in cork again...but i have no key! if i leave the apartment, im locked out until tuesday!

how did you get in in the first place?

how did you get in in the first place?

letting agent had a master key but couldnt leave it with me cos id have access to every apartment.
    got somewhere to stay though till tues, just got to pack a few things. packing is not fun :(

there are rumours going arond on twitter that George Clooney is in Cobh!
    anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

there are rumours going arond on twitter that George Clooney is in Cobh!
    anyone heard anything?

Saw it on fb too. Rumour has it supposedly he is staying in Fota. I wonder if the numbers expected for the titanic thing were not as big as expected..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I wonder if the numbers expected for the titanic thing were not as big as expected..:rolleyes:

TBH, you're invited to a dead end town physically and then asked to park on Mount Everest and make your way down and back up on foot.

Not for the feint hearted and not for the mother with buggy and family hanging on. George is making commercials for the Enable Ireland, they are rich enough to afford his fees and put him up in luxury for a week or two, but I'm sure I'd have been staking out the local airport just on the off chance, must check the 'Irish Media' :)

What happened to lennoxs on anglesea st? Its now a chicken place without homemade chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

What happened to lennoxs on anglesea st? Its now a chicken place without homemade chips

Either it went out of business or moved to MacCurtain St.

And that George Clooney thing was a joke that got wildly out of control!

Fuzz McG wrote: »
    And that George Clooney thing was a joke that got wildly out of control!

some sort of publicity stunt I guess. madness, though it seems to have caught on very well.

Fuzz McG wrote: »
    Either it went out of business or moved to MacCurtain St........

The McCurtain street one was there long before the Anglesea Street one closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

some sort of publicity stunt I guess. madness, though it seems to have caught on very well.

Yeah its strange that it happened the week of the titanic. Have friends from down there who were looking for him all over the place... madness :D:D

@ Steve!! Why didn't you ask me? The one on Mc Curtain st though is actually very nice. Yummy breast n buns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

@ Steve!! Why didn't you ask me? The one on Mc Curtain st though is actually very nice. Yummy breast n buns!

A breast n bun from anywhere but Hillbillies is crazy talk Cadyboo.

parkin aint easy over there.
    was initially going to KCs but the queue was well out the door.
    dont fancy that in this unpredictable weather

on the plus side, im in my new apartment so i can now cook for myself and no more takeaways

stevexo wrote:
    on the plus side, im in my new apartment so i can now cook for myself and no more takeaways

and you have a key this time? :D

stevexo wrote:

and you have a key this time? :D
    3 keys!

happy days!

• Advertisement

Says the person with a McDonalds LITERALLY 200 metres from his front door - hmmmm ;)

Advertisement