Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Firstly----ouch
    now i know why i still haven't gotten laser eye!! :eek::eek::eek:

Secondly yay new randomness/general thread!! :D:)

And thirdly... guys I just wanna get an idea here... i recently did a course to become a make up artist. I'm just wondering would any of the ladies(or mens OH) on this thread be interested in volunteering for free make overs?? Basically I need women to practice looks on and to be part of my portfolio. Thats all im asking really... Let me know what ye think or ye can PM me. Thanks :D

Yep, Id help you out if needed nursemar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

i'd be up for that!
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Yep, Id help you out if needed nursemar.:D

thanks girls! :D what i'll do is pm ye within the next week or two to arrange something:)

anyone else?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

thanks girls! :D what i'll do is pm ye within the next week or two to arrange something:)

If you hop over to the Photography forum you might find someone willing to trade their services (presuming you don't have a photographer yet.) Generally it's models who swap their time posing to get portfolio pictures while the photographer gets the pictures of the model for their portfolio. I don't see why it wouldn't work with you getting pictures of your make up for your portfolio, the photographer getting pictures for their portfolio, and Miss_Shadow and Cadyboo getting a couple of prints of themselves dolled up.

This is the thread to post in if you're interested in it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524252

I've just started a photography course so I'm not good enough yet to offer my own services, nor do I have the equipment, but you've a good chance of finding an amateur Cork photographer willing to do it. I've gone on a photowalk with a few of the Cork lads and they're decent people, and good photographers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

anyone heading to anything tonight for culture night?
    I'll be heading into the English market - they're open late with "music, food and drinks".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi everyone :)

Me me me!!! *raises hand*

Oh wait I'm not in Ireland :mad: and I'm not a girl ....:(

Miss you hun!!! x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

deRanged wrote: »
    anyone heading to anything tonight for culture night?
    I'll be heading into the English market - they're open late with "music, food and drinks".

Heading to O'Bheal myself - what time market open until?

tommy21 wrote: »

O'Bheal has switched to Fridays :confused: Is that permanent, was always Monday in my day :cool:

kingtut wrote: »
    O'Bheal has switched to Fridays :confused: Is that permanent, was always Monday in my day :cool:

Nope its a one-off for Culture Night tonight, will be back on Monday again!

Buceph wrote: »
    If you hop over to the Photography forum you might find someone willing to trade their services (presuming you don't have a photographer yet.) Generally it's models who swap their time posing to get portfolio pictures while the photographer gets the pictures of the model for their portfolio. I don't see why it wouldn't work with you getting pictures of your make up for your portfolio, the photographer getting pictures for their portfolio, and Miss_Shadow and Cadyboo getting a couple of prints of themselves dolled up.
    Thats a great idea, thanks! :D
    Me me me!!! *raises hand*

Oh wait I'm not in Ireland :mad: and I'm not a girl ....:(

Miss you hun!!! x
    ya the main problem would be that you're not a girl... now i can still slap on a lot of make up and you can go drag if you want??? :D:D miss you too hun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Is that people coming together to speak Irish? It's a regular thing, is it?

• Advertisement

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Is that people coming together to speak Irish? It's a regular thing, is it?

Its normally composed of 3 parts - first is a 5 word challenege where you basically write something in 10 minutes on the basis of 5 random words thrown out. Second is a guest speaker, maybe once every two months an Irish poet, usually English though. Third is open mic where anything goes - poetry, creative writing, singing, guitar etc.

it's open till 9.

Culture night in the Market was brilliant. great crowd and lots of fun.
    6177572276_cbee3490d1_z.jpg
    great crowd in the English Market by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

Did all those people sign releases? ;)

O'Bhéal was good, far too packed though to enjoy it as much as Monday nights though. Headed to Riordans after (which I normally hate) for Blue Moose after, which kicked ass. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Did all those people sign releases? ;)

O'Bhéal was good, far too packed though to enjoy it as much as Monday nights though. Headed to Riordans after (which I normally hate) for Blue Moose after, which kicked ass. :cool:

Blue Moose are frickin fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hey peoples. Just to let you know that Im having a little baby Cadyboo, due next April, and me and my oh are very very happy chickens!!:D:D

Hey peoples. Just to let you know that Im having a little baby Cadyboo, due next April, and me and my oh are very very happy chickens!!:D:D
    congrats hun!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Wow! Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Jebus - Congrats!

• Advertisement

that's brilliant - congratulations from myself and Marina.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Congrats :D

I can give ya a few tips :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Awwww congrats to you and himself. Delighted for Ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

i'd be up for that!

me too. did it earlier on in the yr for a cousin twas quite fun

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Oh my god!! Like one of you is not enough for this world already ha ha :-) Oh well a new generation to go to a Boards meetup in 20 years time. Bierhaus Sat 11th October 2031?? Mother and daughter both painting the town red!!

Congrats to yourself and himself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats

me too. did it earlier on in the yr for a cousin twas quite fun

Cool, I'll PM you within a week or so to organise something. Thanks :)

Kingtut asked a girl out on a date on Sunday.....she said yes.
    Kingtut went on the date last night....and Kingtut got kissed :o:D

Congrats!! :)
    ya the main problem would be that you're not a girl... now i can still slap on a lot of make up and you can go drag if you want??? :D:D miss you too hun :(

I'll consider drag but just for you!! :D Aww huggles for you my dear! x

Kingtut asked a girl out on a date on Sunday.....she said yes.
    Kingtut went on the date last night....and Kingtut got kissed :o:D
    awwwhhhh... KIngtut and a girl up a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G......woo!!!! :D
    I'll consider drag but just for you!! :D Aww huggles for you my dear! x
    Ok that was not the response i was expecting!! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Congrats to you and yours :-)

Advertisement