Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

deRanged wrote: »
    some nice weather coming into Cork again - I don't know what's with Cork having crap weather while the rest of the country is getting the sun!

In the most recent times we had a storm to our south, an arm of the storm was over us with quite definitive borders, if it had been another 25 miles further south it would have missed us and we've have had the sun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

some nice weather coming into Cork again - I don't know what's with Cork having crap weather while the rest of the country is getting the sun!
    It'll all be midweek sun though :(

One nice weekend that's all I ask for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I was passing the skew bridge in Tivoli today and seen a chap putting up a no campaign poster while his friend was walking away with two yes posters they had taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

54kroc wrote: »
    I was passing the skew bridge in Tivoli today and seen a chap putting up a no campaign poster while his friend was walking away with two yes posters they had taken down.

Did you tell him to keep up the good work?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

eth0 wrote: »
    ha ha ha ha i like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I might not have a career as a weather forecaster. rain again this morning :(

eth0 wrote: »

No need really, the poor chaps are fighting a losing battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

54kroc wrote: »
    No need really, the poor chaps are fighting a losing battle.

And I'm a No voter myself, but I'm seriously not steeled to actually vote today.

Voting starts today? :confused:

Would be a yes man based on what I saw on Frontline last week - I wouldn't be the most politically involved person there is but what annoys me every time are the posters just saying Yes or No.

There's been no mention of what the referendum is about - they need to distribute this information if they want people to act on it and vote.

/2 cents

More crap weather. I got drenched walking home yesterday, and they're forecasting more heavy rain again tomorrow.

even for an irish summer, that's a lot of rain.

• Advertisement

More crap weather. I got drenched walking home yesterday, and they're forecasting more heavy rain again tomorrow.

even for an irish summer, that's a lot of rain.
    Went to Clonakilty during the weekend - píssed rain pretty much the whole time I was down - gutting!

Lovely drive down there though I have to say

I was down in Schull at the weekend - much the same weather. still had great craic though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah schull is great,must visit castle freak again sometime

ah schull is great,must visit castle freak again sometime
    Never been down there tbh must head down sometime.

So much of Ireland I've yet to see.

there's a new craft beer just out on the market. Its called Angel Stout and its from a Cork company called Elbow Lane. I don't know exactly where in Cork they brew it though.

7167192719_47d954102f.jpg
    angel stout by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I just picked up a couple of bottles to try today, I'm really looking forward to trying it.

(I've no affiliation with anyone involved with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think that's the stuff they're serving in the Crane Lane.

I tried some last night. It's not bad, but then again I'm not a stout drinker.

the new stout in Crane Lane is actually Mi Daza, a new stout Benny McCabe is serving in his pubs (so the Bodega and so on too). It's brewed in the Franciscan well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

there's a new craft beer just out on the market. Its called Angel Stout and its from a Cork company called Elbow Lane. I don't know exactly where in Cork they brew it though.

7167192719_47d954102f.jpg
    angel stout by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I just picked up a couple of bottles to try today, I'm really looking forward to trying it.

(I've no affiliation with anyone involved with it)

Where did you get these?? In that off licence you were talking about?

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Where did you get these?? In that off licence you were talking about?

yeah, in Bradleys on North Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What I want is Shandon Cider in a bottle. Would be brilliant for the summer.

If the summer ever gets here I mean.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Drinking a glass of it now as we speak. I quite like it - initially smooth, with a wave of bitter hop before turning slightly malty/chocolately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Cheers, I'll have a look there so :)

'twas around Patrick's Day we had our summer me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

What I want is Shandon Cider in a bottle. Would be brilliant for the summer.

I know the Fran Well have plans to put their entire beer range into bottles. I dunno about their cider though, seeing as that's made by a contractor for them and they might not have bottling facilities.

dudara wrote: »
    Drinking a glass of it now as we speak. I quite like it - initially smooth, with a wave of bitter hop before turning slightly malty/chocolately.

That bitter taste puts me off a little, I'm not a big fan of that bitter hoppy taste.
    on the whole it's a nice stout. Bring on the other two from Elbow Lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Working outside today
    Man there are some fine women in this city.

Just thought I'd say..... Nothing seedy just a compliment !

Congrats on the win yesterday lads - work this morning was interesting as always for a Kerryman after championship in Cork! :D

That bitter taste puts me off a little, I'm not a big fan of that bitter hoppy taste.
    on the whole it's a nice stout. Bring on the other two from Elbow Lane!

I had a bottle with my dinner this evening and I thought it was awful stuff, hugely acidic, as if someone poured some vinegar into the bottle.
    Luckily I also had a couple of bottles of Trouble Brewing’s Dark Arts Porter in the fridge to keep me happy.

That place is a great offie

Off the drink now for a bit though, has to be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Anyone know of any ultimate frisbee going on around Douglas? Would like to start playing but I have no experience whatsoever :P

Advertisement