Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

corked wrote: »
    i overcame my fear and did eye laser surgery - getting the other eye done at the end of the mth!

Do you mind me asking why you didn't get both done at the same time? A friend of mine gor hers done in one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Are you looking for a nice young lady to take out or suggestions on where to take her? Either way it's a long answer.

Lol. The dangers of posting after one's bedtime without adult supervision!

The latter...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Is thE jack lynch closed lads?

@TiltedBrain - the tunnel is closed for maintenance every night except Friday night. Don't know the times off the top of my head, but I think it's 10pm to 6am or something.

It is closed from 9.15pm until 7am with the exception of Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

I went mountain climbing today :D

I'm doin that tomorrow or the next day, can't wait. Gonna have a picnic at the top, some bananas and mayonnaise sandwiches, it'll be bliss :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where you doing it? We did sugar loaf hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm doin that tomorrow or the next day, can't wait. Gonna have a picnic at the top, some bananas and mayonnaise sandwiches, it'll be bliss :D

long-neck-reaction.jpg

cantdecide wrote: »
    Lol. The dangers of posting after one's bedtime without adult supervision!

The latter...
    Depends on what it is - are you looking at dinner, some sort of activity or a few drinks?

For a few drinks - the triskel bar is nice and fairly central so the option to head to the Woodford or another bar is always open - if it's a Friday night then Suas is always a good enough call for the roof garden and some nice chilled music.

For anyone affected by the evening tunnel closures they said on the radio that the tunnel is NOT closing tonight (but did not say why) ...

kingtut wrote: »
    For anyone affected by the evening tunnel closures they said on the radio that the tunnel is NOT closing tonight (but did not say why) ...
    It's a trap :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    It's a trap :pac:

Can't a guy have a little fun these days? :mad::mad: :pac:

• Advertisement

This is going back a few weeks but did anybody go to see the fireworks in Cobh at the end of the regatta that was on there?

Went to ringaskiddy by the water to see it - well worth it, great spectacle

This is going back a few weeks but did anybody go to see the fireworks in Cobh at the end of the regatta that was on there?

Went to ringaskiddy by the water to see it - well worth it, great spectacle

Have you seen them before? I LOVE fireworks and seeing the fireworks in Cobh was a ritual in our house when I was a child. I can't help but feel that the shows have been getting longer over the years but with fewer highlights? Like quantity over quality? I'm not complaining but I just think sometimes that there are fewer WOW moments.

Have you seen them before? I LOVE fireworks and seeing the fireworks in Cobh was a ritual in our house when I was a child. I can't help but feel that the shows have been getting longer over the years but with fewer highlights? Like quantity over quality? I'm not complaining but I just think sometimes that there are fewer WOW moments.
    Has there been many? Never seen them before tbh sure I'm an asylum seeker from Kerry :pac:

I was saying to the lads it's something that should be done every few months where possible.

Even something in the city that would draw people in to have a few pints and see something cool like that would be great craic.

Has there been many? Never seen them before tbh sure I'm an asylum seeker from Kerry :pac:

I was saying to the lads it's something that should be done every few months where possible.

Even something in the city that would draw people in to have a few pints and see something cool like that would be great craic.

Very true. We don't get enough fireworks here. There's been fireworks at the closing of the regatta in Cobh for donkey's years.

Very true. We don't get enough fireworks here. There's been fireworks at the closing of the regatta in Cobh for donkey's years.
    I'll have to make a note of it and head again next year, t'was good craic.

I'd just like more stuff like the street entertainment stuff. I know Dublin is the capital and has a greater population but it feels sometimes that there's not much else to do in Cork other than head out drinking or to a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Reviving the chat thread :D:D

Have an interview Friday next week in Dublin but the time is just before 3pm (14:40) which means when I'm finished I'm gonna have to get into Friday evening traffic, getting from M50 to newlands cross to naas road will be fun! I've a class starting at 6 in cork which I doubt I'll make. Bleh this is all very messy :rolleyes::mad:
    (First world problem I know :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Have an interview Friday next week in Dublin but the time is just before 3pm (14:40) which means when I'm finished I'm gonna have to get into Friday evening traffic, getting from M50 to newlands cross to naas road will be fun! I've a class starting at 6 in cork which I doubt I'll make. Bleh this is all very messy :rolleyes::mad:
    Do what I do and get the train. Or drive to the red cow and get the luas in. That's what I usually end up doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Been tried and closed by Health & Safety [and costs were high enough as it was]

gbee wrote: »
    Been tried and closed by Health & Safety [and costs were high enough as it was]
    Fair Enough, understandable with H&S.

I'm assuming it's down to large amounts of money being spent but is there another explanation as per why Ellie Goulding / Fatboy Slim etc. played Cork for Arthurs day when we're unable to attract large name music acts on a regular basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Chance putting the addresses into Google maps and see how long they say it'll take? They factor in traffic as well so you might get an idea if it's doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I thought I couldn't make the beers tonight, and now I wish I had. Bored!! There aren't even humans online to chat to tonight :/

Have an interview Friday next week in Dublin but the time is just before 3pm (14:40) .......... I've a class starting at 6 in cork which I doubt I'll make. ............
    Chance putting the addresses into Google maps and see how long they say it'll take? They factor in traffic as well so you might get an idea if it's doable.

No chance unless the interview is less than 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

RoverJames wrote: »
    No chance unless the interview is less than 20 mins.

Thanks guys, yeah RJ especially on a Friday evening, leaving dublin will be a nightmare. The interview is in UCD so getting back out to the M50 will be a hassle in itself. Can't really do the train nursemar cos UCD is not on the dart/luas and I don't want to be getting a bus in my interview outfit!

Ah well, I've told the ppl running the course in Cork that I'll be late. Nothing I can do otherwise :rolleyes::p

Thanks guys, yeah RJ especially on a Friday evening, leaving dublin will be a nightmare. The interview is in UCD so getting back out to the M50 will be a hassle in itself. Can't really do the train nursemar cos UCD is not on the dart/luas and I don't want to be getting a bus in my interview outfit!

Ah well, I've told the ppl running the course in Cork that I'll be late. Nothing I can do otherwise :rolleyes::p

ok well I suppose you can't do much but be late! oh well! :rolleyes:

How is everyone today?

nursemar88 wrote: »

How is everyone today?
    Bate from a cold that I can't really shake off - it's been going around Cork though - anybody else had it?

Hate being sick!

Bate from a cold that I can't really shake off - it's been going around Cork though - anybody else had it?

Hate being sick!

Jesus its that time year again where everyone has one!! Lempsips and Vicks Vaporub the crap out of yourself tonight! always helps :D

Jesus its that time year again where everyone has one!! Lempsips and Vicks Vaporub the crap out of yourself tonight! always helps :D
    Might get vapo rub - never used it but it's my chest now that's at me slightly - it's playing sport in this weather that's doing it I'd say.

Had it last weekend and thought it was gone by Monday evening, was grand til Friday and then had my weekend ruined!

Might get vapo rub - never used it but it's my chest now that's at me slightly - it's playing sport in this weather that's doing it I'd say.

Had it last weekend and thought it was gone by Monday evening, was grand til Friday and then had my weekend ruined!
    You've never used Vaporub??? are you Irish?? :eek::eek: we had huge bottles of it in our house and the mere sight of a cold and we were slathered in it! does the job! If its your chest tho, you could do with a cough bottle of some sort :) ya doing anything outside in this weather will do that to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

How is everyone today?

All good here today NurseMar.....

How's you?

Just back from the Doctor here..Removed what felt like half My body weight in blood..:D

Just as well he's good at doing it.And not a butcher like in the hospitals.

Looking forward to the few hours of sunshine today,,before the wet stuff moves in later.

• Advertisement

You've never used Vaporub??? are you Irish?? :eek::eek: we had huge bottles of it in our house and the mere sight of a cold and we were slathered in it! does the job! If its your chest tho, you could do with a cough bottle of some sort :) ya doing anything outside in this weather will do that to ya!
    Could be playing well into November if we win our next few matches which hopefully will be the case though!

Nah never used it - Lemsip, Neurofen and soup man myself....I'd love a day in bed to catch up on rest

Advertisement