Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the city, like a surf cafe but that does gaming too? In Limerick, there's a place that has 360s set up for online gaming. The reason I ask because if there was such a place, I'd be looking to bring my 360 there to get some DLC. Can't get my 360 online where I'm at, and there is some DLC I kinda want to get, and not wait 3 - 6 months.

What does all this mean, I was lost after surf café :eek:.. I need some comfort food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Milly33 wrote: »
    What does all this mean, I was lost after surf café :eek:.. I need some comfort food
    I'm guessing that just means you know of no such place. An internet cafe that has a section with TVs and game consoles, and you pay a certain amount on a per hour basis.

Such a place would likely allow me to bring in my own console and be able to download stuff. I'll be checking out the place that was already recommended, but would be cool to know of a back up place to try out if there's no luck in the first place I go.

Hello, ah that makes an awfull lot more sense, 360 all I have in my head is Honda haha.. Mmm sounds like it would be something funky alrite if you did find a spot but sadly wouldn't have a notion myself. If I hear of anything I shall be sure to let you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

How'd Paddys day treat y'all??

Good buzz around the city last night I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

D'Agger wrote: »
    I know there's a 24hour cafe near the GPO in town, near macdonalds by Brown Thomas.

Its used by gamers but no idea what the policy is regarding xbox tbh

https://www.facebook.com/cafeeco.ie?fref=ts

• Advertisement

anyone here have any experience with babysitting full time during the week. I am looking for either a 2nd job or a full time job, and I am seeing a lot of people looking for childminders but I cant help feeling a little causious of it because people tend to over-react sometimes, like if the kid gets a cut or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

anyone here have any experience with babysitting full time during the week. I am looking for either a 2nd job or a full time job, and I am seeing a lot of people looking for childminders but I cant help feeling a little causious of it because people tend to over-react sometimes, like if the kid gets a cut or something..

It really depends on the family. I would suggest a long "playdate" with the family to see if you get along with the kids and the adults. It will also give you a better idea of how strict the parents are and how crazy the kids are, so you can see if you can deal with that family.

Would never have though of the play date, which sounds so obvious.. Would you need any insurance cover or anything like that.. haha not that I plan on going sky diving or anything like that with the kids but just incase..Love crazy kids well not crazy but a biit of fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

How'd Paddys day treat y'all??

Good buzz around the city last night I have to say

got a very tasty burrito from one of the stalls on the Saturday, and enjoyed my first outdoor ale of 2013 in the sunshine outside electric. Great buzz around the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Would never have though of the play date, which sounds so obvious.. Would you need any insurance cover or anything like that.. haha not that I plan on going sky diving or anything like that with the kids but just incase..Love crazy kids well not crazy but a biit of fun..

Oh, I would not know about insurance. I just baby sat for a family all summer in between years of school.

• Advertisement

got a very tasty burrito from one of the stalls on the Saturday, and enjoyed my first outdoor ale of 2013 in the sunshine outside electric. Great buzz around the place!
    Was very hungover on Sunday after Saturday night but went into town - had my first pint of Murphys in The Castle of all places - was very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astronut

Some day lads. Absolutely manky out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Springtime in Ireland - got to love it. Almost don't mind being stuck in work on a day like today.

I don't like being stuck next to the window in work so I can look at it all day and be depressed.

But that might be it with the snow for this year at least. About time really.

I hate working weekends :(

Was going to head out tonight but I'm already thinking I'll be too tired. Being out last night probably didn't help :)

Can't wait to head out, match today and after a long week!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Prob best looking to live in the Douglas area if you're working in Ringaskiddy - short enough commute and Douglas is good for food, pubs, gyms, things to do.

I'd warn you of traffic but coming from Dublin you're well used to it. Cork also has a ridiculously high number of traffic lights you'll find.

Barring that, Welcome :)

What's the story with these floods! Does Douglas/Blackrock get a bad doing?

Poor old Blackpool seems is right bother.

Douglas village was badly flooded a while back but is normally fine afaik only living in blackrock two years myself so poor sample size I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Douglas village was badly flooded a while back but is normally fine afaik only living in blackrock two years myself so poor sample size I'm afraid!

Better than no sample I reckon!! How has blackrock fared in floods?

yuck yuck Do you buy fincehs pink lemonade tis rank..Still drank the bottle but ick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

yuck yuck Do you buy fincehs pink lemonade tis rank..Still drank the bottle but ick

Let me guess, horribly sweet?

No not even. It taste like mouldy stuff.. Do you know that smell you get in an old house or when your in a place that has mice.. That's what it taste like

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Ew...

Tried that new Lucozade tropical drink the other night and it was nice enough

That said I was gasping after training so I probably would've found toilet water satisfying! :pac:

I know the feeling - I forgot to bring my water bottle to training on Friday. Arrived home with difficult to explain muddy knees and... well I wouldn't have licked piss off a nettle, but I was close.

Generally not a fan of tropical drinks unless they're made with multiple shots of alcohol.... :)

In between building a pillow fort and deciding what else to do today, I'm trying to figure who on here is who from the meetup group...

That whole username/real name thing can be tricky. I'm not from the meet up group, but hope to get to one soon.

I never even knew there was a Cork meetup type thing here on Boards. I had an account but never really used it before and ended up joining again recently after it was moved over to Meetup.com.

But anyway, I'm slowly trying to piece together who people are. So far I know 3 :confused:

astronut wrote: »
    I never even knew there was a Cork meetup type thing here on Boards. I had an account but never really used it before and ended up joining again recently after it was moved over to Meetup.com.

But anyway, I'm slowly trying to piece together who people are. So far I know 3 :confused:
    I haven't gone to a meetup thread in order to preserve my air of mystery :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure I may as well just give up now so... :-(

Advertisement