Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hardly seems worthy of its own thread so going to chuck this query your direction guys:

Where in Cork would potentially stock chess/draughts boards - I'm looking for a nice enough wooden set where possible.

Alternatively - does anybody have any DIY solution? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Joyce's on Princess Street might have what your after.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Joyce's on Princess Street might have what your after.

Gent *tips hat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Im bored tis fecking shocking boring day..Nought to do

Milly33 wrote: »
    Im bored tis fecking shocking boring day..Nought to do

Could offload some of my work your direction if you want?

Horrendously busy day....and yes I'm aware that I'm able to post but I'm taking 5 alright! :D

• Advertisement

send it on!! Would love to do anything but fecking sit just sitting waiting..

need another job, just applied for one but tis only full time feck sake...what do I have to do

send it on!! Would love to do anything but fecking sit just sitting waiting..

need another job, just applied for one but tis only full time feck sake...what do I have to do

What's your situation that you don't want a full time job if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all :) I work three days a week in an office and their great, but I started with covering maternity leave, then that lady came back and we do a job share as such. So I don't really want to leave them in the lerch by looking for a full time as I know twud be a little awkward So if I could get another job either two days or three days (as I really not needed the third day here) it would be great.. Id do anything really that's the worst thing I can't decide what I want to do

Yeah, and the thing is with part time - if it's two days you're looking for then you'll most likely be working sporadic days/hours that most likely won't suit.

Cracking morning there today, shades on driving into work listening to a bit of Marvin Gaye :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

So if I could get another job either two days or three days
    theres about 2 days work in painting my fence and window sills if you fancy it? i dont pay much but i make a nice cup of tea:)

I know the stress of it all, I might have to look for new work but again feel bad leaving work down as such but as himself says that aint my problem.. Painting you say, how much is not much then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

choccy biscuits and tea not payment enough? if you do a good job ill give you a tenner when your finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

D'Agger wrote: »
    Yeah, and the thing is with part time - if it's two days you're looking for then you'll most likely be working sporadic days/hours that most likely won't suit...

Very true IME
    I know the stress of it all, I might have to look for new work but again feel bad leaving work down as such but as himself says that aint my problem..

I agree with himself for three reasons. 1) Look after yerself. 2) if it didn't suit them to have you, they wouldn't have you so finding a job that you might probably end up stressing yourself out making something out of. 3) there's a high likelihood that there might be someone out there for whom your three day week job is ideal- it might get them off the dole queue.

mm choco bickies and tea mmm don't know about that now, well see how bored I get next week haha..

Yeah cant decide I know all is true tis just harder trying to put it into action.. I am getting there though..

Just about to taste this elusive tayto bar mmm right its weird that's all I can say.. Like eating a golden crisp but the choco aint the best and I cant really taste tayto ick

Just about to taste this elusive tayto bar mmm right its weird that's all I can say.. Like eating a golden crisp but the choco aint the best and I cant really taste tayto ick

Such a strange concept.....more in their line to put more crisps on their bags...maybe add a bit of extra salt and vinegar to the blue packs too!

Id say if the chocolate was nicer it wouldn't be that bad.

Id say if the chocolate was nicer it wouldn't be that bad.
    My main problem is the lack of shops selling peanut butter kit kats in Cork - seriously, it won the competition, stock the f*ckin things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My main problem is the lack of shops selling peanut butter kit kats in Cork - seriously, it won the competition, stock the f*ckin things!
    Mint kit-kat won the competition https://www.facebook.com/kitkatuk?brand_redir=1

Dont ask me how it won.

However they did make an announcement on 12th april that they will be bringing the peanut butter one back and they expect it to take a few weeks for stocks to hit all areas.

Mint kit-kat won the competition https://www.facebook.com/kitkatuk?brand_redir=1

Dont ask me how it won.

However they did make an announcement on 12th april that they will be bringing the peanut butter one back and they expect it to take a few weeks for stocks to hit all areas.
    Mint one the most recent one though no?

Peanut Butter was up against White chocolate, orange and double chocolate and won but they never properly released them.

They're damn good! Hopefully you're right about an impending return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mint one the most recent one though no?

Peanut Butter was up against White chocolate, orange and double chocolate and won but they never properly released them.

They're damn good! Hopefully you're right about an impending return.
    I cant remember the previous competition.

I like the new malteaser bars, they are tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I cant remember the previous competition.

I like the new malteaser bars, they are tasty.

Let Me guess..

They taste like malteasers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I'm getting tired of this diversification of chocolate.

Back in my day there was one type of kit kat, one of Maltesers, one of cadburys caramel, one of Aero Mint etc. Each chocolate delivery mechanism, whether bar, ball, or deck had it's own merits and pitfalls, but that was the whole point - take the good with the bad and show your loyalty for your preferred chocolate. eg the kitkat with it's tinfoil and external red wrapper wasn't ideal when driving. Maltesers wouldn't survive for too long in the bottom of a school bag. Cadbury Eclairs were grand for the cinema but not practical for lunch (too much sharing potential with greedy coworkers).

But now you're given not only every variety of flavour (peanut butter can go feck off) but also packaging type, so not only are we left with twenty different size types of Cadbury Chocolate bar, but now even the hallowed Malteser (capital "M") is available in bunny and bar format. Blasphemy. Too much choice = no choice at all; I can never decide and am bewildered by the selection on display.

Sure I can't even remember what the standard Cadbury's Caramel bar looks like anymore. All I can think of is that bunny from the ads.

CHOCOLATE - SHOW US YOUR TRUE FORM!

But now you're given not only every variety of flavour (peanut butter can go feck off)

HATERS.jpg?1291355060

Very odd, Just had a chap call into the office where I work asking to speak to a manager, when I asked if he had an appointment he said not that it was really a personal matter or it was highly confidential. Gave the name Robert Dickson, he looked very agitated or kinda angry. So anywho manager said no as don't have a notion who he is, when I said this he just kinda went off in a huff, drove away in a white small van..Anyone know who he is

Very odd, Just had a chap call into the office where I work asking to speak to a manager, when I asked if he had an appointment he said not that it was really a personal matter or it was highly confidential. Gave the name Robert Dickson, he looked very agitated or kinda angry. So anywho manager said no as don't have a notion who he is, when I said this he just kinda went off in a huff, drove away in a white small van..Anyone know who he is

At a guess?

I'd say he was Robert Dickson..:D

really you sure!! I dunno how'd you come to that conclusion :0

really you sure!! I dunno how'd you come to that conclusion :0

Just a guess like.

I bet he drives a white van as well? :P

His your dad isn't he..Durty Murty!!!

• Advertisement

His your dad isn't he..Durty Murty!!!

Nah,,My Dad is gone a bit too long to be him,,unless someone lied to Me about it...lol

Advertisement