Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

No sure how would they there's not bollards or anything just watch out for people of the night :) unless that's why your walking it at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Nah, not at all :D, I'd be potentially using it as an easier way to cycle to Rochestown at night, from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

nursemar88 wrote: »
    It's a true fear to be fair! I remember as a kid for all my summers, you actually had a summer. Like 3 whole months of sun with the odd drizzle. Yes I sound like an old person. It's fine!

I'm so sick of all this wet and windy weather. I demand my summer!!

It's true. It's been years and years since we've had a substantially warm and dry summer. Generations of kids these days are growing up without the melted 99s, bucket & spade, jellyfish-stung summers that we enjoyed growing up. I think that's a tragedy :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The last real hot summer I remember was summer 95,it barely rained all summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Would there be any clubs open in town this Monday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

54kroc wrote: »
    Would there be any clubs open in town this Monday night?
    There would alright seeing as students are still finishing exams I'd say

Havanas & Voodoo would be the main places to check I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

D'Agger wrote: »
    There would alright seeing as students are still finishing exams I'd say

Havanas & Voodoo would be the main places to check I'd say

Anyone been to the Voodoo rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Milly33 wrote: »
    just watch out for people of the night :)

:eek:

I was thinking of going for a run there Thursday evening. I suppose that's extra motivation to pick up the pace a bit around there...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

54kroc wrote: »
    Anyone been to the Voodoo rooms?

Yep, it's over 23's AFAIK.
    Quite a good spot, spread over 3 areas with different music/vibe on each.
    decent crowd when I was there and some good drink offers, like buy one get one free on Tiger beer.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep, it's over 23's AFAIK.
    Quite a good spot, spread over 3 areas with different music/vibe on each.

There's.....there's 3 floors??
    decent crowd when I was there and some good drink offers, like buy one get one free on Tiger beer.

They had drinks promotions?!!

Dear god I was worse than I thought on the one occasion I've been in there! :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

D'Agger wrote: »
    There's.....there's 3 floors??

They had drinks promotions?!!

Dear god I was worse than I thought on the one occasion I've been in there! :(

They have a disco bar type place on the lower level, a proper nightclub above, and a more relaxed smoking area also.

I was there during the full moon party, so maybe the promotion was only that weekend?...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astronut

Thought it was a bit overrated really. But that's just me I guess.

Yeah its Friday I feel like crap :) should be more excited.. Any plans for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Yeah its Friday I feel like crap :) should be more excited.. Any plans for the weekend

Crap as in it's just not that Friday feeling,,or crap as in your sick??

My Wife is teaching for the weekend,,so I'm the un-paid Taxi driver to the kids..So that's My weekend really..

Other than the Rugby tomorrow of course. :D

Crap on all levels really, perhaps it is just the morning..Hopefully.. I have been bold and not paid much attention to the old rugby lately whos playing tomorrow then..

Haha the good old days when Mum and Dad would drive you everywhere!!

Anyone know of a good landscaping or gardening company - thinking I would like to work at something like that..need to be out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyone know of a good landscaping or gardening company - thinking I would like to work at something like that..need to be out and about

There are other ways to be out and about other than manual labour unless you're into gardening/ landscaping.

What's your background?

Oh I know but my arse is getting fatter from working reception and I am on the lookout for a new job.. Was thinking something that actually involves moving would be good :). and yep I do love gardening so that would interest me. Not much of a backround with it but my parents would have thought me a bit Dads a contractor and mumzies a florist so bingo...

Oh I know but my arse is getting fatter from working reception and I am on the lookout for a new job.. Was thinking something that actually involves moving would be good :). and yep I do love gardening so that would interest me. Not much of a backround with it but my parents would have thought me a bit Dads a contractor and mumzies a florist so bingo...

Hmmmm...Cut down on food,,small bit of exercise everyday = Smaller arse. :D

Where have you been all my Life Mr. Frisp.. Such words of wisdom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was in the porterhouse last night for a few, real nice bar with good choice of beers plus that shuffleboard game is excellent :D

• Advertisement

Was in the porterhouse last night for a few, real nice bar with good choice of beers plus that shuffleboard game is excellent :D

Yeah,,We go there regular enough with the Meetup Group run by KingTut.

Fab spot.

Where have you been all my Life Mr. Frisp.. Such words of wisdom :)

Lying secretly in wait..:P

haha

haha

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Yup it's a pretty awesome spot. The hop-head is my fave of their regular stuff.

Lovely bar is right - was gutted the only night I was there though, they were out of Blue Moon and I wasn't feeling too adventurous with regards to the million or so other beers they had....no idea what to have!

Yup it's a pretty awesome spot. The hop-head is my fave of their regular stuff.
    Didn't try the hop head, had a pint of the temple brau and hersbruker. Were both nice but preferred the hersbruker.

Then down to the bierhaus for some krombacher and strappoman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Then down to the bierhaus for some krombacher and strappoman.

My two favourite beers :D.

My two favourite beers :D.
    Krombacher with a bit of pizza from next door :pac: nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 astronut

Love the Porterhouse. Can't wait for a few drinks there on Saturday :D

Advertisement