Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

astronut wrote: »
    Love the Porterhouse. Can't wait for a few drinks there on Saturday :D

Ditto...Love the place..Looking forward to meeting up and having a few tasty beers.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Might try swing by there myself this weekend for some beverages :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    Might try swing by there myself this weekend for some beverages :)

A number of Us from here,and meetup.com gathering there on Saturday night if your brave enough to join Us? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm annoyed that the Porterhouse has gotten more popular. We were going there since the start of last summer when it wasn't a Porterhouse (didn't even have a name.) You could stroll in at any time, find a table and have a chat. Ever since they had the opening night with free beers it's gotten much more popular. It's great for the staff, management and for getting decent beer out there but I liked my quiet pub.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that the Porterhouse has gotten more popular. We were going there since the start of last summer when it wasn't a Porterhouse (didn't even have a name.) You could stroll in at any time, find a table and have a chat. Ever since they had the opening night with free beers it's gotten much more popular. It's great for the staff, management and for getting decent beer out there but I liked my quiet pub.

Well,it's still quiet,to a point.

There is no loud music,,so you can actually have a chat with someone and hear what they are saying.

That's rare these days for a pub..And it's one of the main reasons that I like the place.

• Advertisement

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Well,it's still quiet,to a point.

There is no loud music,,so you can actually have a chat with someone and hear what they are saying.

That's rare these days for a pub..And it's one of the main reasons that I like the place.

I've been in there loads of times when they had loud music. It's not as loud as a late bar, and not as busy as other places but if you compare it to the Abbots, or Bierhaus it's much louder and it feels busier (although those two places can get busy as well.)

I've been in there loads of times when they had loud music. It's not as loud as a late bar, and not as busy as other places but if you compare it to the Abbots, or Bierhaus it's much louder and it feels busier (although those two places can get busy as well.)

Not sure I remember loud music in there while I have been there,to be honest.

Yeah,I agree about the Bierhaus,,which is a grand spot,,but never in the "Bar" part,,only always went there for the food and drink next door.

Never heard of Abbots. :confused:

MrFrisp wrote: »
    A number of Us from here,and meetup.com gathering there on Saturday night if your brave enough to join Us? :D

Potentially, I'll see when I'm out, have a match Friday and I'm definitely out Sunday so might need Saturday to recover!

Cork is undergoing a bit of a rennaissance regarding nightlife of late - Voodoo, The Secret Garden, Porterhouse, The Mad Cow, Savoy etc. have all been opened or revamped in the past 12 months or so

No shortage of places to go now with Crane Lane, Woodford etc. too which is nice :)

Where's Voodoo and The Secret Garden?

Where's Voodoo and The Secret Garden?
    Voodoo is just up from the bróg where freakscene used to be. The secret garden is basically Havanas upstairs (Rafterz) which is now a roof garden/ bar which is supposedly quite cool

Forgot to mention electric too, and Sober Lane on Sundays for flip a coin is huge too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Does anyone know about a festival in Ballycotton this weekend. Someone mentioned it but I cant find anything on it

Milly33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know about a festival in Ballycotton this weekend. Someone mentioned it but I cant find anything on it

I can't find anything about it either...Can't be that big.

Bandon festival is on alright though..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There is indeed a festival tomorrow in BallyC. I'll know more later and I'll let you all know :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

cantdecide wrote: »
    There is indeed a festival tomorrow in BallyC. I'll know more later and I'll let you all know :)

Think it's called the shanty something... Heard word of it in work yesterday.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Think it's called the shanty something... Heard word of it in work yesterday.

Nice one milk_da_man

Found it...

http://www.ballycottonshantyandseafood.com/events.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Anyone looking forward to Come dine with me Cork tonight? Call me sad but I can't wait...I know one of them :)

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Anyone looking forward to Come dine with me Cork tonight? Call me sad but I can't wait...I know one of them :)
    First I've heard of this! Any good?

I'm sure people are sick of hearing it but anybody watch Game of Thrones last night.....I'm shook after it!

I'm sure people are sick of hearing it but anybody watch Game of Thrones last night.....I'm shook after it!

Watched it...Shocked by the end of it....Totally unexpected.

My Wife couldn't believe it..

oh was this the one where one of them went off with someone else on the show..I missed it will have to watch it again..

Also mm we wondered down to this seafood and shanty festival now we did go down the sunday it said on the website it was 3 - 7 we were there at round 4.3o and twas shocking, I was expecting seafood in little stalls tastying some yummie prawns, nothing seafood crepe which just doesn't sound good..

oh was this the one where one of them went off with someone else on the show..I missed it will have to watch it again..

Also mm we wondered down to this seafood and shanty festival now we did go down the sunday it said on the website it was 3 - 7 we were there at round 4.3o and twas shocking, I was expecting seafood in little stalls tastying some yummie prawns, nothing seafood crepe which just doesn't sound good..

One of them went off with someone?? Nooooooo....More shocking than that..Total shocker..

That shanty sounded poor alright..At least it was nice weather to be in Ballycotton.

• Advertisement

more shocking than that ohh im just trying to find it on the player now need to know haha.

yeah the sun was about the best thing about it alrite had to go through the rest of the day with seafood stuck in my head, trying to think of where to go..we really need a morans here in cork

ahh the frustration 4od don't have it and tv3 player are cronic and they don't have it, anyone know where else I could watch it

more shocking than that ohh im just trying to find it on the player now need to know haha.

yeah the sun was about the best thing about it alrite had to go through the rest of the day with seafood stuck in my head, trying to think of where to go..we really need a morans here in cork

Morans?

Don't Dunnes sell some of their products? Prawn cocktail,,,etc..

mmm they probably do but there is nothing nicer than maybe getting some just off a street machine thing or just cooked nice and fresh.. We ended up calling to well the nice chipper up the road and getting scampu

ahh the frustration 4od don't have it and tv3 player are cronic and they don't have it, anyone know where else I could watch it

No doubt you could download it somewhere,,if you just looked hard enough. ;)

Plus,,Sky have a "Sky Player" Or,"On Demand" it's called I think...You need to sign into that. Although,My first option is probably the easier one.

mmm they probably do but there is nothing nicer than maybe getting some just off a street machine thing or just cooked nice and fresh.. We ended up calling to well the nice chipper up the road and getting scampu

Scampi..... Mmmmmmmm

Was cringing for a lot of it but had some funny bits. Its on at 9 on tv3 all week. Never saw Game of Thrones -am I missing out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was cringing for a lot of it but had some funny bits. Its on at 9 on tv3 all week. Never saw Game of Thrones -am I missing out?

Are you into fantasy style shows?Well worth a look either way :).

I enjoyed Lost and The Hunger Games if its along those lines?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I enjoyed Lost and The Hunger Games if its along those lines?

No it would have more of medieval setting to it,it's very violent and there's loads of sex in it too :D,Give the first season a go,see what you think.

Advertisement