Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TBF, D'agger just looks like he came across a poor motorcyclist, which IMO, is fairly rare.

Most, as they're one of the most vunerable on the road, are excellent drivers and very aware of the surrondings around them.

As mentioned, a crash at that speed will probably result in a badly damaged car but could kill the guy.

I dont think D'agger done anything too bad, other then beep, which he admitted was in the moment but the guy in the bike seems like a douche.

Again hes in the very small minority of guys that own bikes from my experience of buddies who own them and in general road usage.

Main thing is neither is hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

GavRedKing wrote: »
    TBF, D'agger just looks like he came across a poor motorcyclist, which IMO, is fairly rare.

Most, as they're one of the most vunerable on the road, are excellent drivers and very aware of the surrondings around them.

As mentioned, a crash at that speed will probably result in a badly damaged car but could kill the guy.

I dont think D'agger done anything too bad, other then beep, which he admitted was in the moment but the guy in the bike seems like a douche.

Again hes in the very small minority of guys that own bikes from my experience of buddies who own them and in general road usage.

Main thing is neither is hurt.

Absolutely.

Most motorcyclists are good drivers alright - would consider myself a good driver but wouldn't trust myself on a motorbike tbqh, don't think I'd be able to handle it, although I'd love to give it a lash on a track or something....if I was on my own and nobody could see!

We're still short one player for our game of soccer tomorrow out in Highfield astro if anyone wants to play?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056955470&page=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

man its wrong im so fecking bored in work it is painfull...what are we all up to for the weekend now, or does anyone have any interesting news

I'm off for a week starting at 4:30.

Going nowhere, doing nothing, I've just so many holiday days built up I'm starting to take them now.

Have another 4 dfays to book soon and a week off in end of August/Start of September and I'll still have some left over for Xmas.

• Advertisement

jes how come all the holidays you don't like going away.. Ive a week off too next week I just realised but have to save for a wedding... Not going anywhere on hols then well hopefully the weather will be nice and you can enjoy a beer and a bbq.. Actually have you ever had shrimp on a bbq I must taste that

I've no probelm going away its just trying find the right time to do so. :pac:

Our holidays are very generous, I think we got 28 days this year after I carried over a day or two so in essence its 5 weeks and 3 days off a year, not too shabby.

I'm not a big fan of BBQ's but if the weathers nice I'll go off on a long spin somewhere and make a day out of it.

Never tried shrimp either, not a lover of fish food.

they are fab holiday days alrite, we get no where near that in work.. I just want to run home now, id say they wouldn't even notice I was gone out the door..

No to Fish ohhh love the stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

How beautiful is Cork when it's awash with all this strange sunlight stuff. Hope you're making the best of it, folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

I took the week off. Spent the day laying down a good sensible base layer. Going to have a long one tomorrow lying and lazing, moving only to turn a page or put on sunscreen. The forecast for tomorrow evening is a few cans of Bulmers and any amount of nathin done.
    Wouldn't it be great if it was like this evrydae!

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    How beautiful is Cork when it's awash with all this strange sunlight stuff. Hope you're making the best of it, folks :)
    I had my dinner out the back on our picnic bench and it was lovely, that said I was so bate from work that I came home, fell asleep on the couch and missed football training so a bit annoyed with myself over that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

We've been barbecuing like mad people. I tried to take the week off but could only manage to get Thursday and Friday. Still, looking forward to some garden action on my 4 day weekend! Travelling around Cork in a full suit in this weather is a little manky.. Don't forget the spf everyone!

We've been barbecuing, like, mad people

What a difference commas make!!

jaysus tis scorchio and I haven't even gone outside yet..Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    jaysus tis scorchio and I haven't even gone outside yet..Phew

I have..:eek:

Couldn't wait to get back inside..Bit cooler here.

Had to go home at lunch to pick up my gym bag after stupidly forgetting it this morning - nearly melted in the car.

Should be illegal to wear a shirt and tie in this heat! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Just back home from the UK on holidays and went for a pint in town in the Woodford. €4.95 for a pint of Bud. I can imagine paying that in Dublin but when did Cork get so expensive!!! Or is it just the Woodford?

Just back home from the UK on holidays and went for a pint in town in the Woodford. €4.95 for a pint of Bud. I can imagine paying that in Dublin but when did Cork get so expensive!!! Or is it just the Woodford?
    That's a bit ridiculous alright....it's something I never pay attention to on nights out thinking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork has been expensive for a long time now. You will not get a pint in town for less that €4.40 Id say. Good few places do the increase the price after midnight as well. Which, for the record (possibly again) I have no problem with if you do not pay a cover charge. If it is too dear in a place you have the option of not going there.

Anyway, The Woodford - awful spot.

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyway, The Woodford - awful spot.

Ahh I dunno about that - seemed a nice spot anytime I've been there barring late on Friday/Saturday nights when it's completely jammed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The woodford is a grand spot, decent beer selection . It is a bit too jointed on fri/sat night though, but cant say much about that.

I rarely drink in town..

Expensive rip-off beer prices problem solved.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Ahh I dunno about that - seemed a nice spot anytime I've been there barring late on Friday/Saturday nights when it's completely jammed

That is when I am talking about though. Never took to the place. It's also a hike to get to the toilets.

I heard they do a great lunch so ill not be too harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I guess it's where you go as well. Currently living in Newcastle and can get really good beer for equivalent €3.75 a pint and can get okay beer in Weatherspoons for €2.35. Although I have also paid £4.90 for a pint there which is like £5.75!! Was in Dublin last week and went in for food and a pint and paid €16.20 for a burger, chips and a beer which costs £6.95 (£8.10) in Newcastle!! So half the price.

I was out in the van running some errands for me da's company. I had to collect a few bits at a Builders Providers and drop it to a house.

I got back to the factory after dropping off the bits and my dad asks "did you collect the plaster board I texted you about?"

"No? What plaster board? What text" I said

"Ah you're joking right?" he said

"No seriously, I didn't get any text" as he starts getting his phone out

"I did send it. Look 'please pick up a sheet of plaster board and' .... ah s**t I sent it to the last person I texted. Dammit I sent it to my chiropractor. The smartass replied 'Okay' ".

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Did he send you out again to get the plasterboard? - Typical dad move.

haha funny!!

my god it is only 4.00 ill crack up... Whats with the quietness around the place.

I would also like to say that I like Nelson now

Milly33 wrote: »
    my god it is only 4.00 ill crack up... Whats with the quietness around the place.

I would also like to say that I like Nelson now

Quietness = Bank Holiday Weekend. :D

• Advertisement

4pm - 5pm on a Friday is scientifically proven to be the longest hour of the week.

Advertisement