Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The breeze has collapsed a bit of the roof at kent station. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/part-of-roof-collapses-at-cork-train-station-617570.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jaysus i wouldnt be surprised that was some nasty ass wind!! all is still out there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hopefully that woman's okay

Bad winds, hopefully the cost won't be too high in refurbing the station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Marina closed off too due to one of the large trees falling and blocking the whole road. :(

Tried to warn everyone in work yesterday t'would be bad but sure of course they didn't listen! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Marina closed off too due to one of the large trees falling and blocking the whole road. :(

Tried to warn everyone in work yesterday t'would be bad but sure of course they didn't listen! :rolleyes:

Any flooding or is it mainly heavy wind ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Andip wrote: »
    Any flooding or is it mainly heavy wind ?

Haven't seen it myself, only the pic of the fallen tree courtesy of my brother but afaik it does normally flood a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

F*ck me, those SHARE charity collectors are EVERYWHERE!!! You cannot walk for five feet without someone shouting at ya looking for money. Please make it stop. Donated yeaterday to get a badge and the rain washed it away...they were at me again this morning!!!

Last day of work then down home to Kerry for two weeks holidays!

Anybody up to anything interesting?

Last day here too cant wait to get out of the place. Mind you im sorry im going to rant WTF is wrong with people in Cork driving.. Absolute twats, took me nearly an hour to get to douglas there and for no reason I think when people see rain they are like quick turn the lights off in the car and drive like a twats..ahhhhhhhhhhh so annoying...

ok Happy Christmas to all

Milly33 wrote: »
    Last day here too cant wait to get out of the place. Mind you im sorry im going to rant WTF is wrong with people in Cork driving.. Absolute twats, took me nearly an hour to get to douglas there and for no reason I think when people see rain they are like quick turn the lights off in the car and drive like a twats..ahhhhhhhhhhh so annoying...

ok Happy Christmas to all
    Bad drivers are everywhere in fairness, plus Douglas is a nightmare in any weather!

Douglas really grinds my gears sometimes!

• Advertisement

There was a lot of them out at lunch now being stupid on the roads.. They have defo made a bakes of douglas. Sure after all the queing in traffic when you got around the corner there was nothing all clear

• Registered Users Posts: 34,229 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Day for the indoors.

Another matter. A golden retriever Billy (5yr Old) has gone missing around the Skehard Road side. If anyone sees him please mind him and ill give details for the owners sorry I cant put the number on this just incase

I live around the area, will keep an eye out, hoping to get out of work soon

thank you the owners im sure will appreciate it.. its a horrible day for him to be wondering they said he does'nt normally wonder fingers crossed his found

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyone else been on the ferris wheel? I went on it today and it was brilliant. Had a great time :)

Milly33 wrote: »
    thank you the owners im sure will appreciate it.. its a horrible day for him to be wondering they said he does'nt normally wonder fingers crossed his found

Any luck on this front Milly?
    cantdecide wrote: »
    Anyone else been on the ferris wheel? I went on it today and it was brilliant. Had a great time :)

I didn't, hopefully it'll still be up in the new year and I might get a spin on it

Nice view?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

D'Agger wrote: »
    I didn't, hopefully it'll still be up in the new year and I might get a spin on it

Nice view?

Great view! You have to make it a priority, duderino. Afaik, it finishes Christmas eve

Great view! You have to make it a priority, duderino. Afaik, it finishes Christmas eve

Ah crap I'm home in Kerry, won't be up before New Years I'd say

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fecking hell,stormy out today .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Fecking hell,stormy out today .

Sure is..And it's only the start of it...The worst of it don't move in until tonight/tomorrow.

Bad few days of it ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Sure is..And it's only the start of it...The worst of it don't move in until tonight/tomorrow.

Bad few days of it ahead.

Ya.....starting to get bad now again.

No I haven't heard anything back about the dog I hope they found him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Stay safe tonight everyone, Status Red (winds up to 130-150 km/hr) in place for Cork for the incoming storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

We could be seeing the ferris wheel rolling down grand parade or south mall by the strength of the wind outside.

What are peoples plans for new years?

What are peoples plans for new years?

I'm in Kerry for it, robbing a few cork men and ladies too so apologies for that :)

Looking forward to it now, you up to much?

Ehhh feck all planned really,might just head up to my sisters place or something,hopefully she'll cook for us :-D

Ehhh feck all planned really,might just head up to my sisters place or something,hopefully she'll cook for us :-D

Eatin' is cheatin' dude :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Haven't been on it but i can see it from my bedroom window. :D

Advertisement