Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Where's that?

Opposite the Bodega.
    I like the beer in there but the pizza is very poor value and they are miserable on toppings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kingtut wrote: »
    Opposite the Bodega.
    I like the beer in there but the pizza is very poor value and they are miserable on toppings!
    Ah damn - I missed the pizzas so was hoping they'd be good for my next visit - nice to have something central - the Fran Wells pizza is amazing though so I'd look to go there if it was post work beer and grub

D'Agger wrote: »
    Ah damn - I missed the pizzas so was hoping they'd be good for my next visit - nice to have something central - the Fran Wells pizza is amazing though so I'd look to go there if it was post work beer and grub

Well a few of us had them and nobody was impressed. Don't get me wrong the pizzas did taste nice it's just the toppings were pretty much non-existant!

There is another pub in Cork at the moment who are currently doing a deal online which is 2 pizzas for €10 or 1 pizza + pitcher/bottle of wine for €11 and the pizza in there is yum! Not sure if I'm allowed mention the place but if anyone wants to know just IM me.

In case anyone asks I do not work for them, I just like good deals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Why not mention them?

If you're not working there or invested in the business then fairly certain it's cool to thrown the name about kingtut

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Why not mention them?

Thought it might be against the rules ...
    If you're not working there or invested in the business then fairly certain it's cool to thrown the name about kingtut

Cool, it's An Brog.
    I bought this voucher before (went with pizza and pitcher), seemed to be a pitcher of any beer (the people I went with got pitchers of blue moon, francisan red and the likes without hassle and they are the more expensive types!).

Voucher is here, looks like it ends in 20 days but is valid until end of April 2015 :)

https://www.livingsocial.com/ie/cities/513-cork/deals/1320654-any-two-pizzas?cvosrc=email.blast.digest_dailyie&utm_campaign=digest_dailyie&utm_content=513&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

What's crazy is their pizzas are normally €10 and pitchers are €13!! :D

Is that still called An Bróg? I thought it changed name around the time it staved off being closed down

Is that still called An Bróg? I thought it changed name around the time it staved off being closed down

Well it's kinda split in two, the oliver plunkett street entrace is now a bar called bar barossa (something like that I think) and the side entrace down the alley way is An Brog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Well, the "old" Bróg - after being joined up with the Hairy Lemon and the Crannog - has now been split up again into two. The "new" Bróg is on the right-hand side entering through the laneway to the English Market where the old Crannog entrance used to be. Big-ish, young crowd with a handy half-outdoor smoking area. The other part - Barbarossa - is pretty much the old Hairy Lemon with a thorough renovation; small and snug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Singers Corner is looking well (behind the scaffolding!!). Would love to see more of that kind of building art around the city. Shame the parnell were made get rid of the Elvis mural that time. Gives the city a bit of character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Singers Corner is looking well (behind the scaffolding!!). Would love to see more of that kind of building art around the city. Shame the parnell were made get rid of the Elvis mural that time. Gives the city a bit of character.

I'm not always a fan off wall-art or graffiti, but Singer's corner looks great. I was trying go figure out why it was being painted with that pattern, I should have known it's the pattern from those sowing machines - I think my Mum still has one at home!

Link here re: Singers Corner

I agree about Cork needing more public art projects like this.

I was in Chicago and just before the weekend when the marathon was on - a college display of numerous horse statues - made of wood/plastic I would assume - all painted by different members of the class, were put up all around Michigan Avenue and it added to the street massively

It was a novelty, people were taking pictures with it and it was a great way to display art that students had worked hard on.

Would love to see more of this around Cork without a doubt.

Has the complexion of the city changed somewhat with the bike scheme or is it still early days?

Hey guys, anybody know where I can find the opening hours of O'Connaills - hoping to get into the city this evening and can't find it from quick googling!

Also, hope everybody's well, it's been a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

This question definitely belongs in the randomness thread :

Anyone know where I can get a decent Banoffi Pie? Preferably with a decent cup of coffee. I'm craving one for some reason. ...

I don't know if GoGos on the well road roundabout do Banoffi, but they do have a fairly serious selection of cakes and treats, they also have nice coffee based on my last trip

They do have an 8 inch Banoffi Pie on their menu, but it sounds a bit big. I suppose I could bring it home and share it.... or bring it home and not share it...
    :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone know any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Scoozi's on Winthrop Lane. A few of us went there last weekend and the deserts were amazing! I didn't think the food was great otherwise but the deserts were so good! I had Baileys cheesecake (so tasty!!) but also tried my friend's Banoffi Pie and it was one of the nicest I've tasted.

Scoozi's is very kid friendly though, we were the only adults there without kids if that might put you off, that was at 3pm though, I'm sure if you went later it wouldn't be so noisy. But yes, top marks for the Banoffi Pie!

Might check it out, thanks.

Still haven't gone for coffee in Alchemy on Barrack St. - worth popping into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not a cake person but Eason café, (bear in mind the sandwiches now are failry ick) but ohh himself got a cappuccino cake there at the weekend with a coffee and it was yumie

Hup!

How're we all?

Not worth it's own thread but didn't actually realise IBM have a base in Cork Airport...where I used to work! I've a buddy looking for employment and they're hiring for one or two positions at the moment, anybody know what they're like to work for?

Advertisement