Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

corkcomp wrote: »
    that would be cool. Dublin isnt too far now but Mitchelstown would be even better:D
    Yeah it'd mean jobs too so that's always a plus.

Would like to see them in Cork, moved into a new house a few months back and we're still slowly adding stuff - could've been setup ages ago for much cheaper were Ikea around imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Holy **** this place is quiet :eek:

I should be in Cork from Thursday 15th December to Sunday 18th December. Who is going to be around? Anyone?

kingtut wrote: »

I should be in Cork from Thursday 15th December to Sunday 18th December. Who is going to be around? Anyone?
    The Cork City forum in general is fairly quiet....put up a thread yesterday about Dot Cottons a business in the city yesterday and haven't gotten a response :(

The responses are high for the threads involving food though I notice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I been eating loads lately! anything and everything. I gave up smoking last week and I think i've just about got over the cravings and replacing it with food. :)

Went back to work Monday and didn't want a cigarette either :eek: which would probably be the worst time for wanting one.

I been eating loads lately! anything and everything. I gave up smoking last week and I think i've just about got over the cravings and replacing it with food. :)

Went back to work Monday and didn't want a cigarette either :eek: which would probably be the worst time for wanting one.
    Lollipops are the answer I'd say

I haven't given up the smokes but I've cut down a bit - moving close to KCs is wrecking me though!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Only someone to deliver your pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I will make sure that I am around hun! where you gonna be staying??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

did ye see the new piece of art being installed in Emmet Place?
    it's a cow in a tree!

6337407362_9f9435d739_z.jpg
    installing a cow in a tree! by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

6336652339_ff8c90c97b_z.jpg
    cow in a tree by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I'm not sure I get it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

deRanged wrote: »
    did ye see the new piece of art being installed in Emmet Place?
    it's a cow in a tree!

6337407362_9f9435d739_z.jpg
    installing a cow in a tree! by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

6336652339_ff8c90c97b_z.jpg
    cow in a tree by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I'm not sure I get it to be honest!

Nice pictures but seriously what a load of bollix. And the funny thing is that the massive amounts of money they paid is only to rent the thing for a few months and then they have to hand it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I looked at the pics before reading the text, looks more like a student prank tbh.

• Advertisement

Nice pictures but seriously what a load of bollix. And the funny thing is that the massive amounts of money they paid is only to rent the thing for a few months and then they have to hand it back.

it's a rented cow? that's even silllier than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

They could have at least rounded the edges a bit:rolleyes: dont think I've ever seen a rectangular shaped cow:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

it's a rented cow? that's even silllier than I thought!

Yeah it's only being rented. It's been around the world in a few different spots from what i've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

corkcomp wrote: »
    They could have at least rounded the edges a bit:rolleyes: dont think I've ever seen a rectangular shaped cow:p

Also i have never seen a cow with a head that tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

My 5yr old saw that today. He was baffled as to why the cow was there...and why it was in the tree and why it was that shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Ya that cow in a tree is utter nonsesne. Perhaps Im just not as educated as others to the finer points of arts but Id much prefer to see some decorations on the 20f xmas tree next to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Art is moooooving in a strange direction.

Right, I'm off lads.

Hey guys, where'd be the best place to go for a swimming pool, sauna and steam near Skehard Rd. - around the Douglas area, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

PaulieC wrote: »
    Hey guys, where'd be the best place to go for a swimming pool, sauna and steam near Skehard Rd. - around the Douglas area, any recommendations?

I wonder would this be described as off topic? :P

Theres the Douglas Swimming Pool But!

I wonder would this be described as off topic? :P

Theres the Douglas Swimming Pool But!
    I know but didn't really know whether to open a thread or not - figured I'd get better feedback in here!

Bishopstown is a bit out of my way, might check out the Rochestown Park to see what their rates are like, I'd imagine they're high though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've heard that in the art world there's a bit of a backlash against what I'm going to loosly term 'weird ****' by saying "If it isn't painted it isn't art". I'd say a lot of artists were fed up with people getting attention (and grants) for stuff like **** into a champagne glass. I wonder if this qualifies.....

I've heard that in the art world there's a bit of a backlash against what I'm going to loosly term 'weird ****' by saying "If it isn't painted it isn't art". I'd say a lot of artists were fed up with people getting attention (and grants) for stuff like **** into a champagne glass. I wonder if this qualifies.....
    Have you seen Banksy, the street artists work?

He made a documentary recently called 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' and it's hilarious how he points out on numerous occasions how art has gone down an awful road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I think that qualifies as something else! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Have you seen Banksy, the street artists work?

He made a documentary recently called 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' and it's hilarious how he points out on numerous occasions how art has gone down an awful road.

If you like Banksy, watch channel 4's documentary "graffiti wars", after watching it, I can almost guarantee that you won't like Banksy anymore....

(aside from that it's very good :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

The Cork City forum in general is fairly quiet....put up a thread yesterday about Dot Cottons a business in the city yesterday and haven't gotten a response :(

When I was in Cork for 3.5 years the thread was always alive and buzzing. In fact I created the first general chit chat thread in this forum but it had to be closed after 1.5 years as it got too big!! Hence why there is a second one.

Such a shame that people are not as active, it makes me feel like I am not missing out on anything :(

When I was in Cork for 3.5 years the thread was always alive and buzzing. In fact I created the first general chit chat thread in this forum but it had to be closed after 1.5 years as it got too big!! Hence why there is a second one.

Such a shame that people are not as active, it makes me feel like I am not missing out on anything :(
    I know - you think it'd be busy what with Cork people being so outspoken!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Ah feck it lad things havn't really been the same since Tira left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Saw that cow thing today... My nephew liked it but Im not a fan. Although I suppose nothing says get in the christmas mood like a square cow stuck in a tree...

it's strange to be watching an irish team winning so comfortably in a play off match!

• Advertisement

it's strange to be watching an irish team winning so comfortably in a play off match!

they didn't win the match ;)

Advertisement