Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

RoverJames wrote: »
    they didn't win the match ;)

eh, yeah. it looked like they'd walk it at that stage :)

they won the playoff though, which is the main thing.

Pity they didn't keep a clean sheet, doesn't matter at all though, team and all fans in the Aviva are happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

kingtut wrote: »
    When I was in Cork for 3.5 years the thread was always alive and buzzing. In fact I created the first general chit chat thread in this forum but it had to be closed after 1.5 years as it got too big!! Hence why there is a second one.

Such a shame that people are not as active, it makes me feel like I am not missing out on anything :(

Things change :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

corkcomp wrote: »
    Things change :-)

Life finds a way...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

To be fair it did kinda jump off a cliff and die horrifically :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

GOOD weather in Cork

Was in Next in Mahon Point there - some nice items but jésus the prices are ridiculous!

PaulieC wrote: »
    GOOD weather in Cork

not in my part isn't not!

deRanged wrote: »
    not in my part isn't not!
    :pac:

sarcasm-detector.jpg

INdeed. YOu keeping well these days Ms lemons?

GOOD weather in Cork

Was in Next in Mahon Point there - some nice items but jésus the prices are ridiculous!

Was in a GAP outlet shop in England last weekend, unreal cheap, they had a sale on.

• Advertisement

Was in a GAP outlet shop in England last weekend, unreal cheap, they had a sale on.
    Anytime I've been in England there's far better value to be had - even with the conversion rates.

Hoping to head to London in January for sales

the VAT increase wont help with that either. more shopping on Amazon and over there I'd say.

I definitely want to shop online more but for clothes I've always been a bit cautious with regard to sizing - I always like to try clothes on before I buy them - old fashioned that way.

I definitely want to shop online more but for clothes I've always been a bit cautious with regard to sizing - I always like to try clothes on before I buy them - old fashioned that way.

Try them on, then buy them online!

Is it still cheaper when you add in the cost of flights etc?

Try them on, then buy them online!

Is it still cheaper when you add in the cost of flights etc?
    Ah well I don't really count the cost of the flights - I head over for a break with one of my mates and meet up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

I don't go over there solely for shopping but I do enjoy going to Westfield when I'm over there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I will make sure that I am around hun! where you gonna be staying??

Sorry hun I only just saw this :(

Umm I'll have to book a hotel or a hostel or something as I gave up my house when I left. I'm excited to see you! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ye but why? It makes no sense. I loved it in Cork as it was a hub of activity!! :( Apart from nursemar88 it sounds like I won't see anyone else during my December visit to Cork :(

Ye but why? It makes no sense. I loved it in Cork as it was a hub of activity!! :( Apart from nursemar88 it sounds like I won't see anyone else during my December visit to Cork :(
    We'll setup December drinks hopefully it'll go better than the October/November one's

Ah well I don't really count the cost of the flights - I head over for a break with one of my mates and meet up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

I don't go over there solely for shopping but I do enjoy going to Westfield when I'm over there :)

Ah you're just taking advantage of been over there so, good stuff.

Ah you're just taking advantage of been over there so, good stuff.
    Yup I laaaaarv Lun-din

One of my favorite places to go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Apart from nursemar88 it sounds like I won't see anyone else during my December visit to Cork :(

I'm sure once we're all in the Christmas spirit (or we have spirits in us at Christmas) things will pick up :)

I was thinking about going out tonight but the more I look at the weather the more I think I should be doing a bit of work at home instead...

I'm sure once we're all in the Christmas spirit (or we have spirits in us at Christmas) things will pick up :)

I was thinking about going out tonight but the more I look at the weather the more I think I should be doing a bit of work at home instead...
    I've college but might pop to the local for a pint after I get home and eat.

Going to try order novacentos tonight after hearing how good it is on this forum :)

I'll be in no form to cook after work and then college!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What part is that store in ?

What part is that store in ?

Tis in Gloucester docks outlet centre, I only went into the GAP one though, wasn't there for shopping to be honest. Got a hoody, decent combat style trousers, two tops, a polo shirt and a beany for £63 I think it was. That was all on sale though, half price ish. Close enough to Birmingham.

anyone see that stupid new 60km/h zone on the lower Glanmire road? it's about 300m long - fairly pointless.

I managed to not see any 30kph signs driving through town either, another daft notion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tis in Gloucester docks outlet centre, I only went into the GAP one though, wasn't there for shopping to be honest. Got a hoody, decent combat style trousers, two tops, a polo shirt and a beany for £63 I think it was. That was all on sale though, half price ish. Close enough to Birmingham.

nice! must call in there sometime

deRanged wrote: »
    I managed to not see any 30kph signs driving through town either, another daft notion.

'tis daft that there isn't appropriate signage. I'm all for the lower limit though, it could, over time change the city streets entirely. The 50kph is seen by too many motorists as a target, city streets are no place for that kind of speed. I can see no negative to having the lower limit to be honest.

Have seen Novacentos recommended on the Cork Forum before and finally tried it out tonight. It was epic stuff altogether :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, it's yum.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Yep, it's yum.
    So much better than the usual Dominos grease I've had - was nicely full after it and it was really, really good!

Advertisement