Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PaulieC wrote: »
    So much better than the usual Dominos grease I've had - was nicely full after it and it was really, really good!

I must try that place sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I liked Novacentos but I think I've been conditioned to prefer the greasy stuff from other pizza places :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I must try that place sometime

I've been saying it for ages - glad I finally took the plunge tbh!
    I liked Novacentos but I think I've been conditioned to prefer the greasy stuff from other pizza places :(

The main difference I noticed was the difference in grease and heavyness

Dominos is alright every now and again but alot of the time I'll feel like shít after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

its another wet one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

its another wet one!

I've been in a windowless computer room in college for the last six hours so was hoping it had cleared before i went to go get something to eat....damn!! :(

• Advertisement

I've been in a windowless computer room in college for the last six hours so was hoping it had cleared before i went to go get something to eat....damn!! :(

I'm in a windowed office and its not much better!

My back is to a huge amount of windows in my office - I'm dreading a sunny day - it's roasting in here as is!!

My back is to a huge amount of windows in my office - I'm dreading a sunny day - it's roasting in here as is!!

I could use a couple of extra degrees today!

Look on the brightside....you're in college!

Its a nippy one today!

• Advertisement

Its a nippy one today!
    Dear god yeah! Was up at half 6 to study before work, went out for a cigarette and a cuppa coffee and was frozen - wasn't much better getting into the car @ 9 either!

Dear god yeah! Was up at half 6 to study before work, went out for a cigarette and a cuppa coffee and was frozen - wasn't much better getting into the car @ 9 either!

Aye, I was driving like Ace Ventura this morning, the inside of the windscreen was so wet!

Aye, I was driving like Ace Ventura this morning, the inside of the windscreen was so wet!
    I love having a decent car - my old mazda would fog up and the ventilation was so poor it'd take a full twenty minutes to get rid of it!

The aul focus has it cone in seconds thesedays!

Actually noticed last night that diesel has gone more expensive than petrol - am I missing something or should that not have come in until the budget?

I love having a decent car - my old mazda would fog up and the ventilation was so poor it'd take a full twenty minutes to get rid of it!

The aul focus has it cone in seconds thesedays!

Actually noticed last night that diesel has gone more expensive than petrol - am I missing something or should that not have come in until the budget?

We were giving out about the same thing, according to pumps.ie, its because of higher demand in winter(home heating/power stations), which is fine, but its never gone over the price of petrol because of that before!

We were giving out about the same thing, according to pumps.ie, its because of higher demand in winter(home heating/power stations), which is fine, but its never gone over the price of petrol because of that before!
    I don't mind too much tbh though because with Diesel you're still going to get better fuel economy.

I'm living closer to work, granted, but I've been in and out to work, college and had a return trip to Killarney and I still have a quarter of a tank - I filled the car almost four weeks ago I think - it's been so long I can hardly remember!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

its because of higher demand in winter(home heating/power stations),

Yeah - it tends to be a supply and demand thing with diesel. It used to be more expensive than petrol because they just didn't have the refining capacity. So many people have been duped into diesel cars with the current tax system I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorry cant find the moderator person..Just ponder did you take down the thread about Christmas foliage and if so pour qui..:D

Milly33 wrote: »
    sorry cant find the moderator person..Just ponder did you take down the thread about Christmas foliage and if so pour qui..:D

its too early for christmas :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Milly33 wrote: »

Your post was against the rules
    You should put a small ad in you sig which will appear under every post you make and people will be able to pm you for details if they wish.

Tis a windy one today!

• Advertisement

For anybody interested - I love timelapse videos - here's one of the taking down of the bridge at the Sarsfield rd. roundabout

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't mind too much tbh though because with Diesel you're still going to get better fuel economy.

I'm living closer to work, granted, but I've been in and out to work, college and had a return trip to Killarney and I still have a quarter of a tank - I filled the car almost four weeks ago I think - it's been so long I can hardly remember!!

4 weeks?christ thats good going :) what size is your engine?

Great video PaulieC, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the timelapse video is brilliant. if only they could do the whole project in fast forward :)

4 weeks?christ thats good going :) what size is your engine?
    It's a 1.6 TDI focus - was getting 58mpg when I was travelling up and down to Killarney more frequently but short trips around Cork and less long journeys means I'm only getting around 51/52mpg at the moment.

Just checked there - it'll be a month on the 28th since I last topped up and still just under a quarter tank left

deRanged wrote: »
    the timelapse video is brilliant. if only they could do the whole project in fast forward :)
    They still might hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

we went out to see the Christmas lights being switched on. great crowds for it - the English Market and Grand Parade were brilliant.

6401070881_e587452531_z.jpg
    Switching the lights on on Patrick Street by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

and if the cow in a tree wasn't strange enough, how about a reindeer on Emmet Place too!

6401071613_2ddd36e02a_z.jpg
    Rudolph passing a cow in a tree on Emmet place by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hey so I am free for drinks on Saturday 17th of December if anyone wants to meet up? I also created an event in the facebook group :)

Anybody see those two chaps on Oliver Plunkett St. holding up a sign outside Monica's antiques saying she owes them money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

54kroc wrote: »
    Anybody see those two chaps on Oliver Plunkett St. holding up a sign outside Monica's antiques saying she owes them money.

hate to see any business in trouble or owing money but you have to admire their technique, fair play:D

Advertisement