Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello

Is there any Avon rep around the Ballintemple area. Just looking for a catologue is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello

Is there any Avon rep around the Ballintemple area. Just looking for a catologue is possible

Hey Milly

Have you tried here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha ne I hadnt tried there... :p My bad all signed up now for it thanks

Milly33 wrote: »
    haha ne I hadnt tried there... :p My bad all signed up now for it thanks

Turns out we had one at home, someone dropped in the letter box a couple of weeks ago!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Happy December everyone :)

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »
    Happy December everyone :)

And to you too!

Indeed, fingers crossed it doesn't get too cold, cold enough now for any elderly folk really.

Someone at work was saying that the prevailing winds are due to stay out of the south for a good while which means more rain but not as cold.

Hopefully we won't have the chaos of last year... although I would not mind a pause in the rain.

Aye well its either one or the other!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have the mildest winter in decades nor another cold snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

a nice mild winter would suit me nicely. I've a couple of Dublin airport runs to do over Christmas and I'd prefer not to be driving in crappy conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well hopefully it won't be as bad as last year - the roads were fairly terrible - and Cork got somewhat lucky when you think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

- Ernest Hemingway

Anybody know of a gym that does SAC training? :)

Anybody here at the opening of Roxys last night - cracking night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

This is doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment - made me laugh anyway :)

Europemap.jpg

Finally got around to trying a cup of coffee in Cork Coffee Roasters - twas delicious!

So that's novacentos & CCR off the list of Corks hidden treasures....any other places I should know of?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Finally got around to trying a cup of coffee in Cork Coffee Roasters - twas delicious!

So that's novacentos & CCR off the list of Corks hidden treasures....any other places I should know of?

The cafe at the Crawford has fantastic lunches. We always take people there when we have out of town guests... and you get a free museum visit as well :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is anyone interested in a free suite of living room furniture? 3 seater couch + 2 matching armchairs. I'm looking to get rid of one asap. Must be collected though.

Faith wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in a free suite of living room furniture? 3 seater couch + 2 matching armchairs. I'm looking to get rid of one asap. Must be collected though.

Hey Faith, got any photos of the suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I see Scotts is now the Oliver Plunkett.

6472670993_231404fed5_z.jpg
    Scotts is now The Oliver Plunkett by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I was never fond of it as Scotts, I wonder is it the same people running it now?

Hey Faith, got any photos of the suite?

There's a couple here, but I can send others if you like. http://www.adverts.ie/furniture/3-piece-living-room-suite/1165935

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Nobody seems to like Scotts. I wonder whats with all the negativity, I have heard stories about them treating employees badly but how bad is the place really?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

the bouncers in scotts are d***s in my experience. other than that I didnt think it was too bad, aside from the risk of meeting your parents in there:eek:

...it's now going to have lots and lots of live music, dunno will it still be a late bar/club upstairs set-up anymore. As with most places, the bouncers are only doing a job, most folk would have no issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

corkcomp wrote: »
    the bouncers in scotts are d***s in my experience. other than that I didnt think it was too bad, aside from the risk of meeting your parents in there:eek:

Hoping to gig there with my own band soon-ish. I did one of my first guitar gigs about 10 years ago in Scotts, I was young-ish, and I'll never forget looking down into the audience at a 50 year old Divorcee smiling up at me all night, and then asking me back to her hotel after the gig. Spent the rest of the night as we packed up the gear playing avoid-the-lunatic!

Faith wrote: »
    There's a couple here, but I can send others if you like. http://www.adverts.ie/furniture/3-piece-living-room-suite/1165935

Thanks for that Faith

However, not my style! :)

Owen wrote: »
    Hoping to gig there with my own band soon-ish. I did one of my first guitar gigs about 10 years ago in Scotts, I was young-ish, and I'll never forget looking down into the audience at a 50 year old Divorcee smiling up at me all night, and then asking me back to her hotel after the gig. Spent the rest of the night as we packed up the gear playing avoid-the-lunatic!

So where did you spend that night then? :P

Thanks for that Faith

However, not my style! :)

Nor mine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Owen wrote: »

Had to laugh when I read this Owen its a wonder you replied at all when I asked you if the gig in Clon was suitable for somebody in their 40,s - did you not wonder if you had a stalker or something:D Its ok I wont be going there to see you;) Hope the gig works out for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Meh, I'm older and partially wiser now ;)

We're back in Clon actually each month up until May, we'll have loads more new material too. Should be up Mallow direction in Jan too. We don't call em stalkers in the Music business anymore, they're Groupies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

My Apologies ......though I reckon Groupies have been around long before you were even born:D Will keep an eye out for the band in Clon but definitely wont be making it every month.

Advertisement