Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Eircom Router have I got?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

There are router software updates available on the Eircom website as follows:

2247NWG-EIR (nta760r3.bin)
    2247-02 (nwta770r6.bin)

Mine has a sticker on the back that says it's a 2247NWG-EIR but when I checked the model field on the router's home page it says 2247-02.

My guess is that the Eircom sticker is wrong but has anyone had a similar problem that could clarify the matter? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dubdaymo wrote: »
    There are router software updates available on the Eircom website as follows:

2247NWG-EIR (nta760r3.bin)
    2247-02 (nwta770r6.bin)

Mine has a sticker on the back that says it's a 2247NWG-EIR but when I checked the model field on the router's home page it says 2247-02.

My guess is that the Eircom sticker is wrong but has anyone had a similar problem that could clarify the matter? Thanks.

Hi dubdaymo,

It sounds like you have a Netopia modem from eircom - http://bit.ly/qBUQc4

Can you confirm and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for reply. Yes, it is an Eircom 2247 and all I want to do is check that I have the latest software installed. There are different .bin files depending on which model I've got but that's my problem. The underside of the router has this model 2247NWG-EIR sticker whilst the model number obtained by going through the router website tells me that the model is 2247-02. If its an -02 model why does the sticker show differently or vice versa?
    Thanks.

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for reply. Yes, it is an Eircom 2247 and all I want to do is check that I have the latest software installed. There are different .bin files depending on which model I've got but that's my problem. The underside of the router has this model 2247NWG-EIR sticker whilst the model number obtained by going through the router website tells me that the model is 2247-02. If its an -02 model why does the sticker show differently or vice versa?
    Thanks.

Hi dubdaymo,

I am checking this for you now and I will be back to you today.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    Thanks.

Hi dubdaymo,

Can you try the following update:

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/netopia/firmware/2247NWG-firmware.bin

And get back to me

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Thanks, Mark.

I updated from that link and all went well although I don't notice anything different in operation so far not that I was expecting anything. The previous software version was the 7.7.0r6 and now it shows the 7.8.0r2. Presumably, that is the latest version. The model No. is still showing as 2247-02 so will ignore the sticker in future. Thanks for assistance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement