Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundabout outside Aura Leisure Centre - Tullamore

• 09-09-2011 11:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

What eejit designed the so-called "roundabout" outside the Aura Leisure Centre? What a bloddy joke, not enough room for a car to get around it - you hit the kerb of the footpath as you turn - no one seems to know who has the right of way....vans/lorries/trucks cant get around it
    get rid of it!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

+1

When the road is busy (depending on where I am going) I just turn left.

If its not busy I wait for traffic on the left to stop and I don't bother going around it.

Its a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

An ejit on about 100k a year and approved by one on 250 k a year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bennz

Little roundabouts for little towns?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dublinbogger

sure ye biffos dont know how to use proper roundabouts so no wonder the paint dimples confuse ye:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Harrier1980

whats and ejit??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

whats and ejit??

A Biffo:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I just drive over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 chattycatty

Anyone annoyed with aura for all the classes they book into the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Puts too much traffic on the roundabout you mean ????

If you are a member tell them you are annoyed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

what annoys me more is the f*ckers who dont know how to use roundabouts, lanes etc. Seriously, a ****in google search of rules of the road is free. Want a bad roundabout? Try the one at the old dunnes/new road, and come from the tesco side. Infact, the tesco round about is another one, and its marked.
    Left lane for first and second exits unless signs tell you otherwise.

Nobody coming into town and heading for the tanyard uses the left lane. It really needs to be marked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Nobody coming into town and heading for the tanyard uses the left lane. It really needs to be marked out.

I know they dont. Thats my point. They should though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

DM-ICE wrote: »

I do!! Hurrah for me! Although its a bit nervewracking at times....Wondering what the clown in the other lane with no "working" indicator is going to do. Was v close to being clipped on it twice.
    Def agree those rd pimple roundabouts are a joke....

Saw a lad in the left lane take the road towards Dunnes one day. Gave the lady to his right a nice fright.

The unmarked Garda car that chased him gave him a bigger fright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I use the left lane for the tanyard too because I got my driving lessons in town and was taught to do this. Think we're in the minority though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I think everybody should be made to re-sit their driving test or at least do a refresher course every 10yrs. The amount of bad and downright dangerous drivers on our roads are scary:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Dusty87 wrote: »
    what annoys me more is the f*ckers who dont know how to use roundabouts, lanes etc. Seriously, a ****in google search of rules of the road is free. Want a bad roundabout? Try the one at the old dunnes/new road, and come from the tesco side. Infact, the tesco round about is another one, and its marked.
    Left lane for first and second exits unless signs tell you otherwise.

I posted about this a few months ago!! OMG it drives me mental!!! :mad:

Especially when the idiot in the wrong lane lays on the horn because they think ive cut in front of them!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

If you think the Aura roundabout is bad. You should try the roundabout at the Arden Rd./Collins Lane. Its an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

If you think the Aura roundabout is bad. You should try the roundabout at the Arden Rd./Collins Lane. Its an accident waiting to happen.

That's for sure while the "mini" ones on the port road are annoying the Arden road on is down right dangerous. The road builders should ave made a proper roundabout here by buying a bit more land eg part of scallys carpark. Irish people mostly can't use real roundabouts never mind a poxy little one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Dont get me started!!

We call it the Stand Off, cos everyone drives up to it and sits there staring at each other waiting for someone to make the first move! Jaysus!!! :rolleyes:

Apart from the people who dont even acknowledge it that is, and drive right through it. Saw an accident there about two months ago when an aul one did just that, and got the back of her car taken off and ended up facing the opposite way on the other side of the road. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic at the time!

Advertisement