Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

TDCC for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Splainc wrote: »
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure that they're under pressure from the festival that they own themselves...

Would it not occur to you to just say that they are not under pressure as they own both instead of being a sh*t? :)

Still, I know quite a few (me included) who are going to FF and not EP already. People spending money over two short days which end at 11pm rather than 3/4 24hr days could work against them.
    People have the right to be sh*ts on the Internet. Gosh.

Personally, I prefer camping festivals, like my EP ticket was only 30 euro mor than a 3 day FF ticket, and I don't spend that much down there, so it works out either wY really. Besides, the 11pm closing blows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Personally, I prefer camping festivals, like my EP ticket was only 30 euro mor than a 3 day FF ticket, and I don't spend that much down there, so it works out either wY really. Besides, the 11pm closing blows...
    :confused:
    FF 3-day ticket was 110 until today, 115 from now on.
    EP loyalty tickets were 175, now 190 early bird, the normal price will probably be close to 240, like last year.

how was yours only €30 more?

:confused:
    FF 3-day ticket was 110 until today, 115 from now on.
    EP loyalty tickets were 175, now 190 early bird, the normal price will probably be close to 240, like last year.

how was yours only €30 more?

Again with this "internet-d*ckhead everyone must know everything" trend.

I'm sorry Mr. Internet-Guy, I glimpsed over the prices of the tickets for a festival I'm not interested in going to as another figure of 130+. Please slice my wrists, and dance on my grave.

Your's drearily,

I couldn't care less.

I'm sorry Mr. Internet-Guy, I glimpsed over the prices of the tickets for a festival I'm not interested in going to as another figure of 130+. Please slice my wrists, and dance on my grave.

Your's drearily,

I couldn't care less.
    yes, people must be d*ckheads for asking simple questions :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Splainc wrote: »
    Would it not occur to you to just say that they are not under pressure as they own both instead of being a sh*t? :)

Still, I know quite a few (me included) who are going to FF and not EP already. People spending money over two short days which end at 11pm rather than 3/4 24hr days could work against them.
    Sorry :).

I'm heading to two days of FF and for all of EP anyway. They should both be great in their own right. Slightly worried about the crowd that EP will attract but I think that relies on the type of line up they announce in the coming days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I hope you don't come. You don't sound like the party type.

Your's drearily,

I couldn't care less.

Wanker.jpg_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Heard rumours that Bon Iver and The Cure are headlining, when is the announcment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

c'mon folks, chill out. Lets keep it about acts for EP.

Heard rumours that Bon Iver and The Cure are headlining, when is the announcment?
    Thursday night.

The Cure are playing.
    Bon Iver were rumoured to be headlining a while back. haven't heard much about him/them recently though.
    Orbital and Sigur Ros said to be playing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got an email 'reminding' me that the last payment of the deposit is due out tomorrow... even though it clearly states 31st March will be the date for the final payment on the confirmation emails. Bloody chancers.

Try to ring the number for ticket master given in the email to find out if it IS actually tomorrow or at end of March, and the automated voice thing brings you around in circles. GAH! I think these automated things are solely designed to frustrate you until you give up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Early bird tickets sold out! First time that has happened for a few years.
    Is there anything we can read in to that? Oxegen is cancelled so some of that crowd bought tickets? There were less tickets for sale to make it look like demand was higher?

Full price tickets on sale Friday morning, so looks like the announcement will be on Thursday, as already mentioned.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Early bird tickets sold out! First time that has happened for a few years.
    Is there anything we can read in to that? Oxegen is cancelled so some of that crowd bought tickets? There were less tickets for sale to make it look like demand was higher?

Full price tickets on sale Friday morning, so looks like the announcement will be on Thursday, as already mentioned.
    this. I would imagine they just lowered the allocation of early bird tickets (if there even was a set allocation at all), so that they sold out just before the lineup was announced.

otherwise it's just a massive coincidence that it happened now and full price tickets going onsale the morning after the lineup announcement. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Electric Picnic
    As for Electic Picnic, if someone held me hostage and forced me to put together an entire bill to ensure my freedom? Well, I'd start with Radiohead, The Cure, New Order, Elbow, The Happy Mondays and ATDi as my headliners. Although I'm not entirely convinced by Radiohead, much as that would be a wonderful treat. With slightly more (no doubt misplaced) confidence, I'd add The Shins, Bon Iver, Magnetic Man, Kelis, The Horrors, M83, Katy B, Tom Jones, Chase & Status, Friendly Fires, The Hives, Santigold, Noah and the Whale, Justice, The XX and Sigur Ros to the list of acts a little bit down the bill. Then finish with De La Soul, Crystal Castles, Soulwax, 2manydjs, SBTRKT, Hot Chip, MF Doom and Azelia Banks....before begging for mercy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/2012/02/rigsys_rumour_mill.html#more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Early Birds sold out the last couple of years as far as I remember. Also did they announce that early birds are sold out or did you just try buy some to find them not on sale? I think historically they've pulled them the week before the announcement when they were still on sale so this maybe what happened OR there was a rush from people knowing this was their last chance to get them cheaper.

Toast wrote: »
    Early Birds sold out the last couple of years as far as I remember. Also did they announce that early birds are sold out or did you just try buy some to find them not on sale? I think historically they've pulled them the week before the announcement when they were still on sale so this maybe what happened OR there was a rush from people knowing this was their last chance to get them cheaper.
    they announced it:
    http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10150649887394168

i'm too much of a cynic to go along with your well thought-out reasoning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I checked last year & they were still available the day before the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, I think that is deserving of release! Would be quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mew announced today they're playing some festivals in July/August.... would fupping love to see them at EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Guesswork mostly, I'd say, but that would be my dream line up too, its as if he looked inside my head!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 broanna_newsom

do you folks think ep selling out is likely this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I thought there might have been a few leaked rumours by now, waiting for the trusty Log to come up with something in the EP forum.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

do you folks think ep selling out is likely this year?

Prob not... recession.
    I thought there might have been a few leaked rumours by now, waiting for the trusty Log to come up with something in the EP forum.

I was hoping so too. Day before it was announced last year, entire list was largely leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭icarus86

Hi all, iv not been to picnic since '08 but reckon ill be tagging along this year, just wondering if its been the same vibe as say back then or has the oxegen type element crept into it? Dont mean to generalise, i have been to both these festivals and some more as well and the Picnic was one of the best i must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

icarus86 wrote: »
    Hi all, iv not been to picnic since '08 but reckon ill be tagging along this year, just wondering if its been the same vibe as say back then or has the oxegen type element crept into it? Dont mean to generalise, i have been to both these festivals and some more as well and the Picnic was one of the best i must say.

I went to every single one since then and I reckon its as good as ever, didnt see much trouble myself.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I think Grizzly Bear and Beach House are both good bets as they're playing the End of the Road Festival in the UK the same weekend and have played a few Irish gigs in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Metronomy aswell probably.

Played one of the tents at Oxegen last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0301/1224312583699.html

the cure, sigur ros, elbow, the xx, ed sheeran, bell x1 and orbital according to jim carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0301/1224312583699.html

the cure, sigur ros, elbow, the xx, ed sheeran, bell x1 and orbital according to jim carroll

READ IT PROPERLY - "RUMORED" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Bon Iver, The XX and Sigur Ros would do nicely! And maybe chuck in Warpaint, Laura Marling, Ben Howard, The Knife, Bombay Bicycle Club and The Horrors. I reckon Mumford and Sons could be announced if they are touring again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement