Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

elbow, ed sheeran, bell x1, Mumford....
    WTF is this, Oxegen?
    I hope all of this is idle speculation and none of them get announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ohhhhhh I'm giddy today, announce something damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Jim Carroll wouldn't play his cards this close to the announcement unless he was sure so I'd bet that will be 90 to 100% accurate. Fits pretty much all the rumours that have been floating around so far too.

edit: except that article isn't by Jim Carroll..wth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

Toast wrote: »
    Jim Carroll wouldn't play his cards this close to the announcement unless he was sure so I'd bet that will be 90 to 100% accurate. Fits pretty much all the rumours that have been floating around so far too.

edit: except that article isn't by Jim Carroll..wth.

ha ha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WTF is this, Oxegen?

All those acts have played EP before??? (bar Ed Sheeran)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

WTF is this, Oxegen?

Exactly, but I think people will use any excuse to try use the lack of Oxegen this year to complain about this years line up. Even before it's actually released.

Sure The Cure played Oxegen, as have Sigur Rós, if people are going to play that card.

Exactly, but I think people will use any excuse to try use the lack of Oxegen this year to complain about this years line up. Even before it's actually released.

Sure The Cure played Oxegen, as have Sigur Rós, if people are going to play that card.

Yup there will always be a crossover in acts that can/have played at both festivals like The Cure , Sigur Ros , Elbow , Chemical Brothers , Arcade Fire , Brian Wilson etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think it's more that people think Ed Sheeran, Elbow, Mumford and Sons, etc. will attract the oxegen crowd who spend most the weekend in the campsite and have no idea about 95% of the EP lineup, including most of the headliners. they'd rather see Beyonce instead of those weird rocker Cure people...

can understand POD going for these type of acts to get some of the oxegen crowd and ensure a sell-out this year. might not be the best plan in the long-term though, but who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

will attract the oxegen crowd who spend most the weekend in the campsite and have no idea about 95% of the EP lineup, including most of the headliners. they'd rather see Beyonce instead of those weird rocker Cure people...
    I love a bit of festival snobbery I do...

hubiedubie wrote: »
    I love a bit of festival snobbery I do...

HA yea most of the Oxegen crowd will be going to the Pheonix Park gigs which are a substitute for Oxegen so MCD have them covered . You would swear since Oxegen is gone there wont be anything else for them to go to

• Advertisement

Personally i cant stand elbow but i guess i could undetstand them at ep.
    I was surprised when Mumford were announced a few years ago tbh.
    Ed sheeran, come on..
    EP has some mainstream acts we all know that, to me it doesn't matter if they played before or not. Ed sheeran and his ilk can stay away afaic.

thebostoncrab:

Don't give me that. the cure and sigur were always more of an ep act than an oxegen act. The point is about poor (imo) middle of the road acts which the cure or sigur are most definately not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ray D'arcy just announced a few acts there. Glen Hansard, Bell X1, Ed Sheeran. Elbow, The Cure, The Roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

EP has some mainstream acts we all know that, to me it doesn't matter if they played before or not. Ed sheeran and his ilk can stay away afaic.

You know it's a festival and you don't have to see him yeah?

The Cure; Sigur Rós; Elbow; Grizzly Bear; Orbital; Christy Moore; The Roots; Hot Chip; Glen Hansard; The xx; Metronomy; The Horrors; Azealia Banks; Roots Manuva; Bell X1; Staff Benda Bilili; Milagers; Ed Sheeran; Alabama Shakes; Cranes; Little Roy; Land Lovers; Baxter Dury; Jonathan Wilson; Solar Bears; Fatoumata Diawara; Willis Earl Beal; Lanterns on the Lake plus many many more to be announced.

Electric Picnic 2012 will look a little something like this : The Cure; Sigur Rós; Elbow; Grizzly Bear; Orbital; Christy Moore; The Roots; Hot Chip; Glen Hansard; The xx; Metronomy; The Horrors; Azealia Banks; Roots Manuva; Bell X1; Staff Benda Bilili; Milagers; Ed Sheeran; Alabama Shakes; Cranes; Little Roy; Land Lovers; Baxter Dury; Jonathan Wilson; Solar Bears; Fatoumata Diawara; Willis Earl Beal; Lanterns on the Lake plus many many more to be announced. Ticket on sale this Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

some good stuff there, but some complete dross too, and fairly underwhelming overall tbh.

That_Guy wrote: »
    You know it's a festival and you don't have to see him yeah?

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the tip.
    Sarcasim aside, I won't be going to see him as you correctly said, and i'm sure there'll be sh1tloads of other stuff to keep me entertained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Not a great line up at all, very underwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The Cure; Sigur Rós; Grizzly Bear; Orbital;Hot Chip; The xx; Metronomy great for starters, there are always other great acts announced nearer to the time.

The Cure; Sigur Rós; Grizzly Bear; Orbital;Hot Chip; The xx; Metronomy great for starters, there are always other great acts announced nearer to the time.
    yep, i was looking at the announcements for acts last year, and it was always the ones after the initial announcement that had most of the acts i wanted to see.
    June/July/August is when things get properly interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'd say I'll go for The Roots alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

oh no Ed Sheeran get lots of radioplay, he shouldnt be playing at EP...?
    Why does the majority of people focus on the negative? There are plenty of other great acts. really looking forward to Azealia Banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

John Digweed playing as well.

Electric Picnic
    You can add John Digweed to that list!

jesus, why not get guetta and tiesto too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shifty11 wrote: »
    Why does the majority of people focus on the negative? There are plenty of other great acts. really looking forward to Azealia Banks.

ah i'd understand regarding Ed Sheeran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

yep, i was looking at the announcements for acts last year, and it was always the ones after the initial announcement that had most of the acts i wanted to see.
    June/July/August is when things get properly interesting....

Yeah, people complain every year at this time but it always turns out great. I'm still reckoning on M83, Santigold and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Shifty11 wrote: »
    Yes, I just don't get the - commercially successful=crap thing. He and is 'ilk' are as entitled to play at EP as any of the others. I've never heard him why should the Electric Picnic be cleansed of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Electric Picnic 2012 will look a little something like this : The Cure; Sigur Rós; Elbow; Grizzly Bear; Orbital; Christy Moore; The Roots; Hot Chip; Glen Hansard; The xx; Metronomy; The Horrors; Azealia Banks; Roots Manuva; Bell X1; Staff Benda Bilili; Milagers; Ed Sheeran; Alabama Shakes; Cranes; Little Roy; Land Lovers; Baxter Dury; Jonathan Wilson; Solar Bears; Fatoumata Diawara; Willis Earl Beal; Lanterns on the Lake plus many many more to be announced. Ticket on sale this Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

That's not a bad start..always wanted to see The Roots live so im pretty happy already not sure about Orbital again i didn't think they were that good the last time but il just give them a miss...thumbs up for The Cure,Elbow,Hot Chip and Roots Manuva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 broanna_newsom

good line up, but i was really hoping to see bon iver. I wonder if they'll announce him later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

No Two Door Cinema Club? Obviously playing the Phoenix Park then...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement