Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Brilliant to see the Roots up there. If another one or two acts came along that I like then I'd definitely consider going.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭icarus86

Was really hoping for At the Drive in to be announced for this, still a decent enough lineup though considering there will be loads more announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Ed Sheeran...dodgy in fairness. very dodgy. some good stuff though.

Don't I remember they put on James Blunt a few years back? So there is precedence for this behaviour your honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

Sigur Ros…… aHHHHHH……. but it could be better - I really hope Bon Iver will be present also. Fingers crossed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Scum alert.

Won't be going this year due to oxygen not being on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Scum alert.

Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Scum alert.

can't see any scum spending €230 to see Sigur Ros or The Cure.

they'll be spending their money on Swedish House Mafia/Snoop Dogg and Snow Patrol/Florence in the Phoenix Park probably, maybe some going to Life Festival at the end of May too depending on the lineup...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

EP doing their best to calm fears of a bad crowd turning up:
    That type of audience will not be into a line up like ours. There will be plenty of events to keep them busy over the summer months.

Why would you spend your hard earned money to attend a festival if you have no interest in seeing any of the acts.

Do "that type of audience" care about the line-up?

Maybe they will go to other events over the summer but there's bound to be some that will want to spend a weekend camping in a field in Ireland just drinking & causing trouble.
    There's already a small element of that at EP anyway. I think it could be a small bit worse this year.
    But I don't think it will be totally overrun with scum. If the same crowd that has gone the last few years go again then the majority of people will be sound.
    Problem is that even if only a couple of hundred extra scumbags turn up it could have an effect.
    But overall I think it'll be ok.

Truth is nobody knows for sure & no matter what they say, people will probably be thinking about & talking about this issue until September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

it looks like a good start to me.
    1.I already have three must-see names (Cure, Sigur Ros, Orbital). . .
    2. . . and a few more that I haven't seen and would like to (Hot Chip, the Roots, the XX + Glen Hansard, Bell X1, yeah, I know, it's just that I ahve recently moved to Ireland. . .)
    3.and if there will be more to be announced, it will probably worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Scum this scum that its getting annoying the only scum i saw last year were the ones that jumped the fences and stayed in the campsites the whole time.

so if EP sort that out there's not much else you can do if someone pays for their tickets no matter who the are.

just get on with it and enjoy yourselves and if your camped beside any dodgy characters just move your tent its not that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

The Cure are the only band id really love to see on this years lineup. Would like to see Azealia Banks too but overall I couldn't justify paying €200+ to see two acts. Was hoping At The Drive In/Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes/Radiohead/Death From Above 1979 would be playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dee. wrote: »
    The Cure are the only band id really love to see on this years lineup. Would like to see Azealia Banks too but overall I couldn't justify paying €200+ to see two acts. Was hoping At The Drive In/Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes/Radiohead/Death From Above 1979 would be playing it.

There is loads, loads more to be announced as yet, its not one big splurge like the Bestival announcement, the second and third announcements will be more interesting again. Im fairly happy about the Cure and Sigur Ros who I havent seen before. I missed Sigur Ros at the 2008 one as I was on dodgy pills Friday night and was sitting hiding under my sleeping bag in the tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Seriously, the majority of the people who reckon all the "scum bags" will go to it more than likely have not been to Electric Picnic before.. :L

dee. wrote: »

Radiohead haven't announced the rest of their euro tour. Ed Sharpe aren't on tour/Played 2 seperate gigs at the festival last year/Aren't Death from Above playing forbidden fruit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 broanna_newsom

Radiohead haven't announced the rest of their euro tour. Ed Sharpe aren't on tour/Played 2 seperate gigs at the festival last year/Aren't Death from Above playing forbidden fruit?

to be fair id say if radiohead were gonna play ep they'd have been announced today

to be fair id say if radiohead were gonna play ep they'd have been announced today
    The same could be said about every single UK festival that has already been announced, but nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 broanna_newsom

The same could be said about every single UK festival that has already been announced, but nothing yet.

I hope you're right, they'd be amazing to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm hopeful if they aren't at EP we'll get a Malahide Castle or Marlay Park gig from them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Every year this thread in this forum is full of people disappointed with the line-up after the announcement, and then also every year when its over it's full of people saying how great it was

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea they were not gonna announce every "big act" in one announcement . You announce them every so often so they keep the festival excitment etc . Like most festivals there will be more "big" names announced over the coming months .

This whole scum going instead of Oxegen is getting old . Do you think the "scum" would no acts like The Cure , Sigur Ros , Orbital etc? They wont pay €250 like they would at Oxegen since they would know a lot more of the acts playing then EP

Now MCD are not silly just to cancel Oxegen and have no gigs that same weekend as Oxegen , and thats why they have the Pheonix Park gigs . If you look at the 3 gigs announced (more tbc) , a lot of people will go to all 3 and thats €180 spent , do you think people will be able to afford that and an EP ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

really dont know should i go or not,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

nm wrote: »
    Every year this thread in this forum is full of people disappointed with the line-up after the announcement, and then also every year when its over it's full of people saying how great it was

A lot of the people who complain about the lineup don't go because they wouldn't have a great time because they don't like the lineup. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm liking the initial acts. I'll definitely be going now.
    Who do I pray for good weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

nm wrote: »

Its getting tiresome alright, but remember Irish people are amongst the biggest bunch of complainers in the world. Last few years it was the same, moan, moan, moan then great reports after it, for people who aren't going do they really expect 100% of their wish list to be fulfilled? Thats just not realistic, firstly a lot of bands have other commitments or aren't touring that year, also a good few acts that people have mentioned on here aren't Electric Picnic material (Snoop Dog etc) I don't care if they play it or not but it was set up to be a alt/indie festival not mainstream or another Oxygen, thats why everyone I know goes. To finish, a huge part of the enjoyment is going to bands I never heard of, last year that was around half of the stuff I seen (last year never heard of and great were Little Green Cars, Funeral Suits etc), or hadn't seen live and thought I wouldn't be interested in but who turned out to be great, (Warpaint, White Lies, OMD, Jape). So roll on this year be it empty or full I know I'll I enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Tempted by The Roots and The xx, be great if they were both on the same day and i could get a day ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

el dude wrote: »
    Tempted by The Roots and The xx, be great if they were both on the same day and i could get a day ticket.

Sunday is the only day ticket available as far as I know otherwise its a 3 day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Sunday is the only day ticket available as far as I know otherwise its a 3 day one.

Ah that's nice of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Looking forward to this, always gonna be a few more acts added anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for comparison, here's last year's initial announcement (44 acts, this year's has 29):
    ARCADE FIRE; PULP; THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS; INTERPOL; PJ HARVEY; BEIRUT; DEATH IN VEGAS; MOGWAI; JIMMY CLIFF; DJ SHADOW; WHITE LIES; OMD; MIDLAKE; THE CHARLATANS; LYKKE LI; BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE; THE GO! TEAM; BOYS NOIZE; TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS; FLYING LOTUS; PAUL KALKBRENNER; TWIN SHADOW; WILLY MASON; SINEAD O'CONNOR; GAVIN FRIDAY; HEALTH;TRENTEMØLLER (LIVE); KILLING JOKE; MUNDY; SHARON SHANNON AND HER BIG BAND; ADEBISI SHANK; O EMPEROR; THE WALKMEN; ADAM BEYER; CAST OF CHEERS; MICAH P HINSON; IVAN ST JOHN; CODES DAVE CLARKE; BRITISH INDIA; CAITLIN ROSE; R.S.A.G.; THE DANGER IS; POTBELLEEZ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Will there be another big electronic act announced?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement