Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Will there be another big electronic act announced?

:eek: Prays for Aphex Twin, fcuk yeah! Aphex Twin!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe they are still waiting for more acts to sign on the dotted line .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Poorest overall line up in years. Granted The Cure will be super but so far it's no where near worth it for that price.

I would really love to influence the Aphex Twin thing so I have started a campaign in Facebook to get him to play, join if you want and give it a like too if you want. Campaign to get Aphex Twin for the Picnic.

Does anyone know what day The Cure will be playing? I really want to see them; shame about the rest! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Does anyone know what day The Cure will be playing? I really want to see them; shame about the rest! :p

Saturday. The one band I want to see and there's no day ticket option. :(

I mean I'd love to go for the weekend but it's all about the $$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

their website mentions a couple of names that weren't in the morning announcement - the Killers being among them!! I wonder if it is confirmed or a typo. . .

The Killers and Bat For Lashes added.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

honru wrote: »

That is rather annoying about the only day ticket being Sunday, but....The Cure!! That will be worth it.

I wonder will the Oxegen crowd migrate?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

All the people moaning about the people moaning is what is annoying me LOL. Surely real music lovers would be annoyed with this pathetic line-up. I thought this was the "boutique" festival that catered for obscure and exciting, medium sized bands... and now The Killers have been added, well that's just a invitation for the Oxegen brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The Killers?! I thought today was the first of March not f**king April, please tell me it's not true?! The Cure are gonna be epic, just watched a few videos of them at Bestival last year and they are as good as ever, Robert Smiths voice has not changed a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I am surprised with the addition of The Killers. Very surprised.
    Why didn't they announce them earlier today?

They are indeed on the website though.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/line-up?page=line-up

Has somebody hacked their website? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

it was set up to be a alt/indie festival

Well lets get pedantic here, it was actually set up as a dance/hiphop festival :)

2004 EP: Groove Armada Jurassic 5 Mylo Soulwax Arrested Development Grandmaster Flash 2 Many DJs Lee "Scratch" Perry Plump DJs Detroit Cobras Erick Morillo Erol Alkan Bodytonic

honru wrote: »

Awh really? That's annoying. I'm seriously considering buying a full ticket just for them, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I am surprised with the addition of The Killers. Very surprised.
    Why didn't they announce them earlier today?

They are indeed on the website though.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/line-up?page=line-up

Has somebody hacked their website? :confused:

Hope to god that it is hacked that would turn we off going. At least the wife would be happy

Bat For Lashes has also appeared on the poster or did I miss her earlier? Either way I'm happy with that addition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

nocoverart wrote: »
    All the people moaning about the people moaning is what is annoying me LOL. Surely real music lovers would be annoyed with this pathetic line-up. I thought this was the "boutique" festival that catered for obscure and exciting, medium sized bands... and now The Killers have been added, well that's just a invitation for the Oxegen brigade.

I find it daft when after the addition of The Killers is announced that they are first and foremost discussed here not in musical terms but rather in an "oh that'll bring in all the scum from Oxegen" sense :rolleyes:

flyswatter wrote: »
    nocoverart wrote: »

I find it daft when after the addition of The Killers is announced that they are first and foremost discussed here not in musical terms but rather in an "oh that'll bring in all the scum from Oxegen" sense :rolleyes:

I was gutted in musical terms and the fact they are taking up a headline slot, now you have me fearing for my tents safety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenbosaurus Rex

Can u really only buy a sunday day ticket?! What the hell is the idea behind that?! I wanted to see the cure and see from their website that theyre playing the saturday! Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Killers are an interesting addition, their first album was quite good I thought. Also, the 'Oxegen crowd' will hardly all descend upon Stradbally for one band!

• Advertisement

I really want to have the nice chilled out experience all EP goers talk about, now I fear that losing my EP virginity will be marred by Oxegen hoodlums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know what day The Killers are headlining?

I wasn't gonna go to Electric Picnic this year but now I'm tempted seen as how I could see The Killers and The Cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Really tempted to buy a ticket now. Might be the only festival the Killers play in Europe this 'summer'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

i wonder why EP didn't include the killers on their Facebook announcement this morning? Oversight or a method in their madness?

sporina wrote: »
    i wonder why EP didn't include the killers on their Facebook announcement this morning? Oversight or a method in their madness?

Hopefully someone hacked them and it's all a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

That lineup is actually amazing!!1

The Killers, The Cure, Metronomy, Hot Chip, The XX, Grizzly Bear, Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know what day The Killers are headlining?

I'm guessing the headliners will be Elbow/Sigur Ros (Friday), The Cure/Orbital (Saturday) and The Killers (Sunday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

flyswatter wrote: »
    it's a festival discussion thread, not a discussion of their increasingly **** music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

sporina wrote: »
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0301/1224312583699.html

the cure, sigur ros, elbow, the xx, ed sheeran, bell x1 and orbital according to jim carroll

READ IT PROPERLY - "RUMORED" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I said ACCORDING TO JIM CARROLL!!!!
    He wasnt too far wrong either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Very impressive line-up. The Cure, Sigur Ros, Cranes, Bat For Lashes and Lanterns On The Lake are a must see. A pity about The Killers being included though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement