Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

and Ladyhawke too!

Her new album is out in May.

This could be potentially be the best EP ever

No kiddies!!!

BOOM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Hope Miike Snow is announced too

I've a feeling they'll play Forbidden Fruit, they're only in London the Thursday before. http://www.last.fm/event/3201169+Miike+Snow+at+O2+Academy+Brixton+on+31+May+2012

This is pure speculation by me, I've no inside scoop or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I've a feeling they'll play Forbidden Fruit, they're only in London the Thursday before. http://www.last.fm/event/3201169+Miike+Snow+at+O2+Academy+Brixton+on+31+May+2012

This is pure speculation by me, I've no inside scoop or anything!

Nice disclaimer. You can't be too careful :pac:

Niki & The Dove are playing that gig too I see. I like them. They were due to play EP last year but pulled out a week or two before.
    There's a chance they could do FF as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Really hoping The Civil Wars or James Vincent McMorrow are announced, if so will definitely be getting a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Civil Wars already playing two gigs here this year and seem to be tied exclusively to MCD. James Vincent McMorrow played twice last year and has no new material so doubt he'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

AdMMM wrote: »
    Civil Wars already playing two gigs here this year and seem to be tied exclusively to MCD. James Vincent McMorrow played twice last year and has no new material so doubt he'll be back.

Aye I'm hoping if CW sell out the Olympia they might do EP! JVM is playing Forbidden Fruit which probably rules him out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

The IFI shows indie films they don't show Transformers or Mall Cop, so in the same way, the EP was initially put on to attract maybe an older alternative crowd who want something different, thats why I have been going since 2005, I would hate it to become another Oxegen bands wise (and behavior wise obviously), in the same why as people who go to Creamfields wouldn't like the headliners to be Mumford and Sons and Monsters of Rock fans wouldnt be on for Adele headlining. Of course I know its a money making exercise in the same way as The Irish Times and The Sun both are but both cater to different audiences.

The IFI is funded by the state so that they will show films other than Transformers otherwise it's likely would have difficulty staying open. In the same way EP seeks to book popular bands to attract larger crowds so that it can continue to operate year after year and book smaller bands to appease the people like you who deem only certain bands worthy of receiving money to play in a field.
    You seem so annoyed that a company set up to make money would dare mess with your idea of what Electric Picnic or a festival should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I can't see all the Oxegen crowd descending upon a festival headlined by The Cure tbh

The Cure headlined Oxegen in 2004.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    The Cure headlined Oxegen in 2004.

While I get what you're saying the Oxegen of 2004 was a lot different to the Oxegen of the last 4/5 years, in terms of music and atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

chopser wrote: »
    The IFI shows indie films they don't show Transformers or Mall Cop, so in the same way, the EP was initially put on to attract maybe an older alternative crowd who want something different, thats why I have been going since 2005, I would hate it to become another Oxegen bands wise (and behavior wise obviously), in the same why as people who go to Creamfields wouldn't like the headliners to be Mumford and Sons and Monsters of Rock fans wouldnt be on for Adele headlining. Of course I know its a money making exercise in the same way as The Irish Times and The Sun both are but both cater to different audiences.

The IFI is funded by the state so that they will show films other than Transformers otherwise it's likely would have difficulty staying open. In the same way EP seeks to book popular bands to attract larger crowds so that it can continue to operate year after year and book smaller bands to appease the people like you who deem only certain bands worthy of receiving money to play in a field.
    You seem so annoyed that a company set up to make money would dare mess with your idea of what Electric Picnic or a festival should be.

It's clear to say you have never been to Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I wonder who shall be announced next? I'd love to hear Justice at it! And well... Radiohead... But I think their big headliners are fairly sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the warrens

Would like to see ocean colour scene added, whats the chances ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Guided By Voices would be a great band for EP.

General Fiasco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bump: The Knife would be nice.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

John Digweed no longer playing. Seen confirmation on EP twitter.
    Line-up was only announced a few days ago. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Chuffed with the announcement so far would love to see Justice at this though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 broanna_newsom

so radiohead have announced new european dates but no irish dates yet, I'm gonna see this as a sign they'll play the picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so radiohead have announced new european dates but no irish dates yet, I'm gonna see this as a sign they'll play the picnic.
    if those dates were festivals in August/September, i'd agree, but they're indoor arenas in October. i know they're playing festivals in July, but nothing after that until those arena shows.
    far more likely they'll play the O2 some time in October instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Laura Marling added to Bestival and being promoted as her only England/Wales festival. She played EP in '10 and I reckon she'll be brought back again this year.

My money (not that I have much of it) is still on Bon Iver being announced but really thought they would have been announced straight off the bat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

killers should be playin the phoenix park i think !!! would have suited them more , with other co- headliners/support like the concerts that have just been announced there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

AdMMM wrote: »
    Laura Marling added to Bestival and being promoted as her only England/Wales festival. She played EP in '10 and I reckon she'll be brought back again this year.

My money (not that I have much of it) is still on Bon Iver being announced but really thought they would have been announced straight off the bat!

They are the 2 acts I am waiting on so I really hope you are right!

Any chance of General fiasco? A good Nornthern Irish band that deserve to play and a new album out too

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Caribou announced a bunch of festival dates yesterday, with an intriguing EP-sized hole between a festival in Poland on 25 august and Bestival the week after Stradbally.

Would love to see them back on the Body&Soul stage...

(Failing that, the first of their announced Euro festival dates is only a week after the B&S festival in June - please tell me they'll at least play one of them!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    John Digweed no longer playing. Seen confirmation on EP twitter.
    Line-up was only announced a few days ago. Strange.

ah balls. I was delighted to see him on the bill.

Delighted 'Tindersticks' are on the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

NoDrama wrote: »
    Delighted 'Tindersticks' are on the bill.

I'd have preferred to see them do a Dublin date, their last performance at the EP wasn't brilliant, too mellow for a tent especially when there's sound bleeding in from the next tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd have preferred to see them do a Dublin date, their last performance at the EP wasn't brilliant, too mellow for a tent especially when there's sound bleeding in from the next tent.

I agree, a really good band but they are pointless at a festival. There is nothing fun about them and they lose their atmospheric quality in the outdoors or even in a tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Praying for Caribou and Frank Ocean! Frank is in Stockholm the 30th of August and in Paris on the 2nd of September so there is a gap left for EP!

Do people think Django django could play EP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement