Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Any chance of General fiasco? A good Nornthern Irish band that deserve to play and a new album out too

Is the new album out already?
    Really liked Buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

so radiohead have announced new european dates but no irish dates yet, I'm gonna see this as a sign they'll play the picnic.

Would radiohead put on their gameface for EP if they played? They have stated last year that their tour isn't going to be a "Best of" tour, so I'm wondering would it suit the festival atmosphere. Granted, there will be a mass of radiohead fans, but sometimes a band needs to play the better known to keep that festival energy, as opposed to their own gig. Maybe they'll do an o2 gig.

What was the last festival Radiohead did as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I would still be expecting Saint Etienne, Django django, Caribou and M83 to be announced.

Would everyone think Paul Weller would be to big to be announced the next time. Not a fan of his but heard his new one and its not that bad.

Also new Orbital is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Temper Trap anyone? New album coming soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kevbar

I'd have preferred to see them do a Dublin date, their last performance at the EP wasn't brilliant, too mellow for a tent especially when there's sound bleeding in from the next tent.

That was a problem... thankfully one didn't experience that as they forged sublime sonic jewelry in the cathedral in Kilkenny the last time they played here.

The National are grand as a Tindersticks-Lite but I can handle the full proof variety.

Looking forward to knocking myself out on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I would still be expecting Saint Etienne, Django django, Caribou and M83 to be announced.

Would everyone think Paul Weller would be to big to be announced the next time. Not a fan of his but heard his new one and its not that bad.

Also new Orbital is okay.
    Saint Etienne and M83 would be great to see. I'd love to see At The Drive-In added, I know they're playing Benicassim in July but hopefully more European dates will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Saint Etienne and M83 would be great to see. I'd love to see At The Drive-In added, I know they're playing Benicassim in July but hopefully more European dates will be announced.

yeah saw them in Cork in 2009 (I think) and they were such fun….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Temper Trap anyone? New album coming soon?

They're playing Phoenix Park with Snow Patrol and Florence+TM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

honru wrote: »
    The official site says over 18s, so unless the rules are being laxed I'd say nothing's changed with that policy.

Here's one for the teens.

And €55 off for staying in one of the hotels is a fair deal.

http://www.westportfestival.com/tickets/

The thread discussion for this festival is on the Mayo board;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77264179

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The thread discussion for this festival is on the Mayo board;

Wow! I didn't know they had the internet in Mayo. Well done them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bestival announces more acts tomorrow so we might get some of these for EP too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

The Nal wrote: »
    Wow! I didn't know they had the internet in Mayo. Well done them!

Weak troll effort is weak.
    That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

milehip1 wrote: »
    Weak troll effort is weak.
    That is all.

Weak use of the cringingly overused "that is all". :)

Seeing that there is no Bestival thread and with it just been a week after EP here is the latest announcement for Bestival: Bat For Lashes, Ben Howard, SBTRKT, Roots Manuva, Alabama Shakes, Sage Francis, Grimes, Chairlift, Gesaffelstein, Iceage, Ren Harvieu, Factory Floor, Porcelain Raft, Toy, Kindness, Dismantle, Dirty Beaches, General Levy, Top Cat Feat. Sir Coxone Outernational, Josh Kumra, Errors, Trailer trash Tracys, Forest Swords, Stay+, Skinny Lister, Mistys Big Adventure, Ryan Keen, Nina Nesbitt, BIGKids, The Lovely Eggs, Alt-J, St Spirit, Charming, Shepherds, Sean McGowan, Moodymann, Kavinsky, Girl Unit, Mixmaster Morris, Chris Coco, Phil Mison, Pete Gooding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is there any guarantee The Killers will play on the sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

No guarantee. Might be playing an acoustic set during the day or something, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elephanttalk

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is there any guarantee The Killers will play on the sunday?

According to Electric Picnic's twitter account: "NB: Sigur Rós play Friday. The Cure/Saturday. Elbow & The Killers/Sunday. All other act show details will be available close to the event"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wouldn't mind a bit of Crystal Castles myself :/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Would like to see Crystal Castles myself. Looks like Bestivals line up is pretty complete and they have their best acts named... Justice would be killer just hope they don't get someone like Soulwax instead f theom although that would be pretty cool too

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Would like to see Crystal Castles myself. Looks like Bestivals line up is pretty complete and they have their best acts named... Justice would be killer just hope they don't get someone like Soulwax instead f theom although that would be pretty cool too

Judging by the talk on both Bestival forums, Sunday best and the Efest one they mention that theres another large headliner to be announced as yet, apparently Rob the organiser said so himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I'd say half of the meteor music choice awards people will be announced, PRAY FOR RADIOHEAD, and Crystal Castles and Justice are a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jigga95

does anyone having standing tickets which they would like to swap for seated tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

jigga95 wrote: »
    does anyone having standing tickets which they would like to swap for seated tickets?

siyesly-meme-generator-what-seriously-0641a1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jigga95

siyesly-meme-generator-what-seriously-0641a1.jpg
    what? do you have tickets or?

Sure there is no seating at EP its either stand or sit on the ground lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Sure there is no seating at EP its either stand or sit on the ground lol.

There's loads of seating in the trees. Just don't fall out of 'em like yer man last year...................

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Personally, I was hoping to get one of those (ladies and gentleman we are) floating in space tickets I picked up last year...

I think I may be referring to the early Bird tickets perhaps...

Which makes we wonder if there's any chance Spiritualised could be added to the bill? I think they've an album out this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I have crouching tickets if they are any use to ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

You know Electric Shock Therapy only sounds scary?

• Advertisement

So I presume the next batch of names will probably released around Easter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement