Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is there any guarantee The Killers will play on the sunday?

It says it on the electric picnic website, September 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

There's loads of seating in the trees. Just don't fall out of 'em like yer man last year...................

i seen that guy falling out of the tree :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

mutley18 wrote: »
    I have crouching tickets if they are any use to ya?

:eek::eek: how did you get them ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

There's loads of seating in the trees. Just don't fall out of 'em like yer man last year...................

Anyone know how that poor fcuker ended up? His friends were posting on boards.ie last year saying he was critical in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'd like to add memory tapes and little dragon to my wish list (like the ep organisers give a fvck!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

Looking forward to mumford and sons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

sports_ wrote: »

Are they playing?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Anyone know how that poor fcuker ended up? His friends were posting on boards.ie last year saying he was critical in hospital.

He's grand. He's a friend of a friend, and apparently he was so out of his tree that he climbed the tree, then fell out the tree:D.

Apparently he's fine now, think he had a punctured lung and was in an induced coma for bit, but he's back to normal now afaik. Doubt he'll be doing any climbing this year though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Are they playing?:confused:

ironic, considering your username

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

sports_ wrote: »

I amn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is the thread lagging, keep it going people it can never die, EVER!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Going to see Pulp, yeee buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Going to see Pulp, yeee buddy.

Not at the Picnic mate, that was last year, (incidentally, I love Pulp but their performance at the EP was very lackluster.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Cant remember if SBTRKT was on the list, but he just said on 6 music that he is playing the picnic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Cant remember if SBTRKT was on the list, but he just said on 6 music that he is playing the picnic
    nope, he wasn't on the list.

thought after his gig here in May he'd be announced for either EP or Forbidden Fruit alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if Willie o'Dea will be playing at the salty dog, and what's the chances of the dodgy rave in the forrest again, the law showed up at the wee hours of sunday morning last year, don't think they were too happy but they couldn't do anything with that many people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Did anyone here do the give to go cycle? Thinking of giving it a crack this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I did the cycle two years back. If you regularly cycle for sport its a cake walk. If you just cycle to work you are probably well off doing a bit of training for it. But it is great fun and they look after you really well on the day.

PM me if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I did the cycle two years back. If you regularly cycle for sport its a cake walk. If you just cycle to work you are probably well off doing a bit of training for it. But it is great fun and they look after you really well on the day.

PM me if you want more details.

How long before hand do you to apply to do it? I'm doing a bit of cycling at the moment, but not sure if i'd be fit enough for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I'd say M83, Bon Iver and Justice will be added in the next announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Did anyone here do the give to go cycle? Thinking of giving it a crack this year...

yeah did it last year. Very well run system. They will probably start advertising it soon for applicants. needed to run a few events to raise the cash. You need to make it clear that the money you are raising is all going to Temple Street, and not to pay for you into EP for the weekend.

Do as much training as possible, it really does get tough in places (for me) if you don't have regular training a few months beforehand. I hadn't been on a bike in a few years but did about 40km a week for a few months. Was still wrecked getting down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Closing for applicants wishing to do the Tour de Picnic is closing on April 1st and €50 registration fee must be paid before then as far as I'm aware. I have not cycled in years so maybe some training will be needed :o what kind of events did you run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Any Chance of Green Day They're After Anonucing 2 Festivals at the end of august

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Any Chance of Green Day They're After Anonucing 2 Festivals at the end of august

zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Aw man, I can just picture them being showered with plastic bottles, mud and whatnot. But of course not a chance of that happening. Lol Green Day at Electric Picnic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

This pleases me.

In past years, I've always been a little underwhelmed by the preliminary lineup. New acts would be announced in drips and drabs, with only one or two acts from each batch tempting me in any way. I'd be thinking I'd give it a miss that year, then at some stage during the summer I'd look at the amalgamation of acts and start drooling as I'd realise that the lineup closely resembled the wishlist I'd drawn up in my head.

This year, I'm already pretty entused by the acts announced so far, and I can assume it can only get better. I'm squirreling away €50 a week as I think I'm already set on hitting up the Piccy. Awaiting the next announcement with anticipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Flight of the Conchords are touring NZ and Oz June/July, mmm, what are the chances eh, would be a great act for the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Flight of the Conchords are touring NZ and Oz June/July, mmm, what are the chances eh, would be a great act for the picnic

NZ and Oz is a little bit far from Stadbally mate!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love if Tim Minchin gets announced , seems to be doing a few shows around the UK during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble went down a treat a few years ago.
    We need more brass!!!

I reckon these guys would be perfect for EP.
    Hot 8 Brass Band

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement