Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Mulvee wrote: »
    Never been before, went to Oxegen in '10 & '11 though.
    Thinking about heading this year, worth a shot?
    I'm 21 by the way, like the line up.

Its happening... The Oxygen crowd are migrating. Quick, get them to the Pheonix Park and keep them there or EP will be lost in a pool of cheap cider forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the warrens

Any rumours to going to ba added on the next anoucement

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the warrens

Any rumours to who,s going to ba added on the next anoucement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Any rumours to going to ba added on the next anoucement
    I haven't heard much lately, but I'm hoping Bon Iver will be added as they're playing the major festivals in Europe.
    Any rumours to who,s going to ba added on the next anoucement
    I haven't heard much lately, but I'm hoping Bon Iver will be added as they're playing the major festivals in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Any chance of Cher Lloyd in the next announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

mutley18 wrote: »

Considering that some of the Xfactor 2011 finalists were booked for Strawberry Fest, I wouldn't rule festival appearances of the 2010 ones at EP out. :) Yeah, Cher Lloyd would be great, a pity she didn't include Ireland in her current tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Note to self: Do not leave laptop unattended and logged into Boards while your ****bag of a friend is around!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

The lineup is better than most years this year, I'd say it's cos there's no Oxegen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Electric Picnic facebook got back to me, they will be giving a second announcement in mid April.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I see that Damien Rice is doing a UK festival (and being billed as a UK exclusive). If he's doing anything else, I'd expect him to be announced for EP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

what about Rufus Wainwright? He is playing Iveagh gardens, but what are the chances for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

any chance of Bombay Bicycle Club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

O'Doodle wrote: »
    any chance of Bombay Bicycle Club?

I couldn't tell you about their chances for EP, but they are playing the Olympia on April 30th. They are in Mandela Hall on the 1st of May too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Any chance of Cher in the next announcement? Just for sh!ts and giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Ideas of Two Door Cinema Club?? Justice?? Wild Beasts??

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

I'm a first time camper to EP and was wondering if anyone can give some tips on what to bring etc to make the 3 day camping a bit less scary..:) Also, what to save on the food side (i.e. I want to spend to spend as possible on eating out there.) Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm a first time camper to EP and was wondering if anyone can give some tips on what to bring etc to make the 3 day camping a bit less scary..:) Also, what to save on the food side (i.e. I want to spend to spend as possible on eating out there.) Thanks
    in no particular order:
    tent
    sleeping bag
    torch
    beer
    crisp sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Well don't bring too many clothes, bring a double skin tent, slab of beer etc. Dont bring too much, you're not going to stay in your tent much. You prob won't bother showering there. No one does. Bring ear plugs, cheap work ones so you have loads.
    In aldi right now you can buy a solid fuel stove for cheap and reheat pasta with it or whatever. Saved me a few meals. However the food vendors at picnic are so good... But if you can pay 15 euro a day at the bare minimum on all meals in total (breakfast dinner etc) and refuse to bring anything down with you, be my guest. And that's excluding buying beer/cocktails on site which range from 5.50 - 9 euro.
    After 10.30pm though you can bring your own drink in to the arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nothing further on this mid april announcement then? Had myself convinced it would be today :(

Well don't bring too many clothes, bring a double skin tent, slab of beer etc. Dont bring too much, you're not going to stay in your tent much. You prob won't bother showering there. No one does. Bring ear plugs, cheap work ones so you have loads.
    In aldi right now you can buy a solid fuel stove for cheap and reheat pasta with it or whatever. Saved me a few meals. However the food vendors at picnic are so good... But if you can pay 15 euro a day at the bare minimum on all meals in total (breakfast dinner etc) and refuse to bring anything down with you, be my guest. And that's excluding buying beer/cocktails on site which range from 5.50 - 9 euro.
    Great, thanks for that. Do you think that the booze would be safe in the tent? Also, what's the best way to transport all your booze and camping gear from the car park to the camp site? Like your idea of the second tent..

• Advertisement

Baby wipes, forget bog roll, its not good in the wet!
    Nuts, fruit, water.
    Try not to bring loads of sugary crap as you can and will have sugar crashes! Its not easy to session for 3 days!
    Toothpaste mouthwash and brush
    and plenty of party supplies!

All added to my list... Thanks for that. Are you going yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My checklist:

Tent (I'd recommend a double skinned one as very cheap tents can't withstand a deluge of rain but are usually shower proof to a certain degree)
    Sleeping Bag
    Pillow (or a scrunched up jumper will do)
    Mini Torch €2 from Pound Shop
    Duct Tape (fixes tents, chairs... everything - magic stuff)
    Black Sacks (I put all my clean clothes in a black sack so if the tent leaks, they stay dry. Also put dirty/wet clothes in another so tent doesn't get wet. They also come in handy for sitting down on wet grass when theres no chairs about)
    Enough Clothes (you really don't need to overdo it, spare underwear, socks and t-shirts for each day and one spare pair of jeans and one extra hoodie. Of course if the weather forecast is good, you can get away with less)
    Cereal Bars (Keep me ticking over so that I don't spend too much on food there but with that in mind the food is amazing - I'd recommend Pieminister!)
    Alcohol (Whatever you fancy! To save time, transfer any drink in glass bottles into plastic bottles before you arrive as there can be a bit of a queue in the decanting area at peak times.)
    Baby Wipes
    Toothpaste, Toothbrush
    Towel
    Bog Roll

If you haven't pitched a tent before, make sure you don't get drunk before you do it. They're all pretty easy to put up but alcohol might complicate matters somewhat.

As for the best way to get stuff from the car park to the campsite, people rent out Wheelbarrows there which are perfect because the terrain is pretty rocky and bumpy. If you don't want to fork out for one then just carry what you can comfortably manage and take as many trips back to the car as you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

That reminds me -- bring paracetamol!

That reminds me -- bring paracetamol!

that will be the first thing I'll pack :)

AdMMM wrote: »
    My checklist:

Tent (I'd recommend a double skinned one as very cheap tents can't withstand a deluge of rain but are usually shower proof to a certain degree)
    Sleeping Bag
    Pillow (or a scrunched up jumper will do)
    Mini Torch €2 from Pound Shop
    Duct Tape (fixes tents, chairs... everything - magic stuff)
    Black Sacks (I put all my clean clothes in a black sack so if the tent leaks, they stay dry. Also put dirty/wet clothes in another so tent doesn't get wet. They also come in handy for sitting down on wet grass when theres no chairs about)
    Enough Clothes (you really don't need to overdo it, spare underwear, socks and t-shirts for each day and one spare pair of jeans and one extra hoodie. Of course if the weather forecast is good, you can get away with less)
    Cereal Bars (Keep me ticking over so that I don't spend too much on food there but with that in mind the food is amazing - I'd recommend Pieminister!)
    Alcohol (Whatever you fancy! To save time, transfer any drink in glass bottles into plastic bottles before you arrive as there can be a bit of a queue in the decanting area at peak times.)
    Baby Wipes
    Toothpaste, Toothbrush
    Towel
    Bog Roll

If you haven't pitched a tent before, make sure you don't get drunk before you do it. They're all pretty easy to put up but alcohol might complicate matters somewhat.

As for the best way to get stuff from the car park to the campsite, people rent out Wheelbarrows there which are perfect because the terrain is pretty rocky and bumpy. If you don't want to fork out for one then just carry what you can comfortably manage and take as many trips back to the car as you need.

Well fair play..thats some comprehensive list....Thanks for putting that together, I wonder how much it is to rent the wheelbarrow..

Im living for it! As for getting to and from the campsite you learn to pack light, such as replacing cans with spirits ;) Them wheel barrows are a must. YOur back will be in bits.

I hadn't a clue you could rent them, are they available at all carparks? Do you return them once your at the campsite or do you have to go back to the car park with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Hi there. Been reading through the posts on this thread. Just returned home to Ireland and looking forward to my first EP. Anyone think there is a chance The Shins will be added? Big fan of their new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

For all the SBTRKT fans. This will rock the little big tent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

For all the SBTRKT fans. This will rock the little big tent.

Wish they didn't always play the version with Drake rapping over it, such a bad rapper.. The way he chops up the vocals around the 2:50 mark is amazing though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Showing my age here. But I never heard of Drake bar this song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement