Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hibsman wrote: »
    Hi there. Been reading through the posts on this thread. Just returned home to Ireland and looking forward to my first EP. Anyone think there is a chance The Shins will be added? Big fan of their new album.
    they're over at Reading, Leeds and Rock En Seine festivals the week before EP, so I reckon there's a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

they're over at Reading, Leeds and Rock En Seine festivals the week before EP, so I reckon there's a good chance.

yeah….. I would love to see the Shins live….

any chance of midlake????

Ok, so when are the rest of the acts being announced? Bon Iver, Bon Iver….:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sporina wrote: »
    yeah….. I would love to see the Shins live….

any chance of midlake????

Ok, so when are the rest of the acts being announced? Bon Iver, Bon Iver….:)

Midlake played last year (and were amazing!) so it's probably unlikely.
    The Shins and Bon Iver though..... Yes Please!
    Someone here posted that the next announcement was mid April, so hopefully this Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Wonder what the chances of James making an apperance this year ? Love that band :)

http://twitter.com/#!/laurenmurphy_
    A band name on the new EP announcements will make a lot of ppl happy

You'd have to assume that if the next announcement names are already known by some, then it'll be fairly soon that they'll be announced.

hoping for ATD-I, but i'm not holding my breath :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You'd have to assume that if the next announcement names are already known by some, then it'll be fairly soon that they'll be announced.

Bon Ivor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I saw last night Jim Carroll answered Lauren and said it was the Coronas.

Bon Ivor?
    good call. there was lots of talk about them a while back from music journalists. the only thing is they're playing everywhere around Europe in July and the start of August, but have no gigs announced after Aug 9th:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Bon+Iver/+events

i'd imagine there'll be a few more of the Reading/Leeds and Bestival acts too, either in this announcement, or later ones...

I saw last night Jim Carroll answered Lauren and said it was the Coronas.
    :eek:
    i would imagine (hope) he was joking...

actually, just looking at his blog now, he could well be serious :eek: :eek:

You mean you hope he was joking but same as you I hope he was:D

• Advertisement

You heard it here first

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Tweet from Electric Picnic an hour ago:

"It's almost that time again picnic people! How does tomorrow sound? Good! I've it marked in my diary. Tweet tomorrow. #2012EP"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Corona's would be a weird booking for EP but not the worst , could be Bressie or Blizzards ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corona's would be a weird booking for EP but not the worst , could be Bressie or Blizzards ha

All parts of the same hell to be honest :D

Coronas?

Ask me b*llix.

Glad I didn't buy the early bird ticket this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really hope this talk of the Coronas is a cruel joke.

maximoose wrote: »
    I really hope this talk of the Coronas is a cruel joke.

Let's hope so. Let's also hope it IS Bon Iver.
    Not long to wait now anyway.

The Barley mob / Propeller Palms / Michael Kiwanuka all self confirmed so expect them in the announcement. Also think Sbtrkt self confirmed on BBC6 music too.

Latest additions to #2012EP! Patti Smith; Richard Hawley; Crystal Castles; SBTRKT; Grandaddy; Squarepusher; The Maccabees; Gavin Friday; Van Dyke Parks; Michael Kiwanuka; The Jezabels; Dublin Gospel Choir; Eagle And The Worm; In Tua Nua & many more to be announced.

Some good additions. No Bombay Bicycle Club or Bon Iver though. Starting to lose hope. At this stage it's only a reasonable line up.

Meh. Which one is meant to be the one making everyone happy?

Very underwhelming.

Very much so.
    With no Bon Iver in this add, you'd wonder where all the rumours came from. Whatever b0llix started it needs a good hiding.

I'd really hoped for B.B.C. / Django Django / Anna Calvi / Laura Marling / Miike Snow / Bloc Party / Hooray for Earth / Memory Tapes / The Shins / Young the Giant / Neon Indian.

It'd would've been great to get M83 / Real Estate / Little Dragon, but they've been booked by B&S / FF

Whats the fuking story EP?

• Advertisement

I really thought we'd be seeing at least ONE of Bon Iver, Bloc Party, Shins or BBC

just looking at the full line up now, and maybe it's just the fresh disappointment in me.. but it looks piss poor compared to previous years

Forbidden Fruit looking more tempting by the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Crystal Castles makes me happy 'cause I missed them in '10. But nothing else on that list is getting me too excited tbh.

Where's Feist? Y U NO BOOK FEIST EP? :(

maximoose wrote: »
    Meh. Which one is meant to be the one making everyone happy?

Very underwhelming.
    yeah, i'm not sure who it's supposed to be, Grandaddy maybe? not exactly a well-known band really though. Patti Smith perhaps, but not a band, and I'd wonder how many EP people these days have even heard of her.

was hoping for a "must see" act myself. I'll go see Crystal Castles, Richard Hawley, SBTRKT, Squarepusher, and maybe The Jezabels, but i've seen them all before, and a some of them played here a few times over the last 2 years, including EP.

Gavin Friday, really thinking outside the box there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Patti Smith!! :D

One of the best gigs Ive ever seen in Vicat St a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Another ****ty wave of acts! I do like a bit of Venetian Snares, but on a quiet night in with headphones and a few spliffs. I also like Crystal Castles but they might as well take up residency at EP now. I don't really blame POD for this stale line-up because it's seemingly what the majority of the public want. Even the people on this thread that are giving out about the line-up aren't exactly recommending anything fresh or exciting! it's more of the same blandness that's at 90% percent of festivals at the moment. Something more on the lines of Hopscotch Music Festival in the USA would be cool. I really don't understand why they can't add a stage/tent for a niche set of heavier or metal bands. I'm no Head Banger by any means but I think it would only be good for the festival. Ep needs to change its ways or it won't be getting my Euro's any more. This festival is way too expensive for what it offers in this climate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Very much so.
    With no Bon Iver in this add, you'd wonder where all the rumours came from. Whatever b0llix started it needs a good hiding.

I'd really hoped for B.B.C. / Django Django / Anna Calvi / Laura Marling / Miike Snow / Bloc Party / Hooray for Earth / Memory Tapes / The Shins / Young the Giant / Neon Indian.

It'd would've been great to get M83 / Real Estate / Little Dragon, but they've been booked by B&S / FF

yep was hoping for bbc,bloc party bon iver m83.the bands they announced are ****e

all theyve announced is a bunch of nobodies. if some of these bands were plaing in my back garden id close the curtains

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

Very much so.

i didn't read anything to say that Bon Iver would be playing; I just think that a lot of people have posted that they really really hope that he will play...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the warrens

Piss poor anoucement, for the price of the tickets, the line up fairly week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Have only missed EP once (2006, not by choice) and I've paid high prices through gritted teeth before but I'm seriously considering giving it a miss this year. The cost, for what's on offer this time out, just cannot be justified. Line up is very stale and lazy, lot of the same old acts and the headliners are pretty rubbish too. It'll be a wrench for me not to go, especially as The Roots are playing and I'm hoping there'll be some stuff added to change my mind but as it stands, no way I'll be paying 240€.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Don't know what people are talking about - Great list of additions!

SBTRKT - I hope to god they play Electric Arena same night as Killers, so I can go see someone else. Like - what a group! Best on this series of Other Voices !

Patti Smith - Worth a look. She is a living legend
    Crystal Castles - Epicness from them!
    Maccabees - They released one of the best albums around this weekend
    Richard Hawley - Pretty great!

Y'never know if Bon Iver will play picnic or not. Could be a very strong chance if they play Reading. Also, I'd say there will be an extremely good chance of 2manydjs - I hope so anyway.

Oh this line-up is Oh So attractive to the Oxe-crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement