Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

why not? :confused:
    loads of bands play here over winter/spring, then return for festivals...

That's a good point too, perhaps they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

karaokeman wrote: »
    Would the Manic Street Preachers still play even after performing at the Olympia a few months back?

Was May 2011 actually, have a feeling they won't be playing Ireland again for a few years unfortunately.

Was May 2011 actually, have a feeling they won't be playing Ireland again for a few years unfortunately.

Just realized this as I edited my last post.

I've been to sooooo many gigs this year and last I'm actually getting confused at this stage (which I shouldn't as I'm only 20).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sammyb

What are the chances of Bon Iver playing this year and Ben Howard?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

looks like a good show this year

• Advertisement

sammyb wrote: »

Could see Bon Iver being added as they are doing festivals in Europe in August.

Not really too sure about Ben Howard however as he's just playing V in Chelmsford and Stafford, haven't seen him on any other festival lineups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Feist just announced a gig in Canada that weekend, so count her out. she's playing all around Europe in the weeks before EP....

:mad::(
    Have to wonder why she's not playing any Irish dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

karaokeman wrote: »
    sammyb wrote: »

Could see Bon Iver being added as they are doing festivals in Europe in August.

Not really too sure about Ben Howard however as he's just playing V in Chelmsford and Stafford, haven't seen him on any other festival lineups.

Ben Howard is playing Bestival the weekend after Electric Picnic so could be a possibility, but he is also playing the Olympia in November so its hard to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Can someone explain this to me, I was just reading info on the site
    This event is strictly over 18’s. Under 18’s are not permitted even with a guardian, however U12’s are welcome free of charge when accompanied by parents.

Does this mean 13-17 olds cannot go at all even with someone over 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ya, that's what it means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

OakeyDokey wrote: »

Yes. And too right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yes, that is exactly what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are we going to get some form of an announcement soon, FF is nearly over and Body & Soul is in a few weeks. Even just a trickle of names.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Are we going to get some form of an announcement soon, FF is nearly over and Body & Soul is in a few weeks. Even just a trickle of names.

Relax man, it's an entire 3 months away.

business-cat-meme-generator-willey-says-relax-f5463d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

How come U12's are allowed with a guardian?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

because they are too young to be unaccompanied.

because some people have kids and want to go to a festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

give me a few more days to get over Forbidden Fruit will ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

This is a key differentiator between EP and a festival like Oxegen. Aiming for a slightly older crowd (ie those who may have kids) and a less hectic atmosphere (banning 13-17 year olds). Definitely a noticible difference. Last time I was at Oxegen my wife got hit on the back on the head with a full beer can that some teenage idiots decided that this would be hilarious. Not saying that it would never happen at EP but it's less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Hoping to attend my first EP this year, went to Oxegen in 2009 and absolutely hated it!! Got food poisoning on the Friday night and had to leave on Saturday morning, my friends who stayed had a horrible time, tents slashed, drunk teenagers falling on top of them, the horrors! Hoping EP is nothing like that, I've been told its not anyway! Just can't wait to see the Killers!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So the word I see in the Electric Picnic facebook is that the third announcement is coming out at the end of June.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Here's hoping it's a goodun this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

hubiedubie wrote: »
    Last time I was at Oxegen my wife got hit on the back on the head with a full beer can that some teenage idiots decided that this would be hilarious. Not saying that it would never happen at EP but it's less likely.

Don't stand near the inside any of the arena walls at the EP as it rains cans there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

EP should stream the festival live to YouTube. Loads of American festivals such as Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza do it to get publicity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

O'Doodle wrote: »
    EP should stream the festival live to YouTube. Loads of American festivals such as Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza do it to get publicity

Definitely. Did you see Rock en Rio from Lisbon last week? It was on Youtube. Quite enjoyed it. It's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I want Laura Marling, any Laura fans out there? Let's start a campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Would love to see someone like Bill Callahan or Low added to the lineup...

Hoping to attend my first EP this year, went to Oxegen in 2009 and absolutely hated it!! Got food poisoning on the Friday night and had to leave on Saturday morning, my friends who stayed had a horrible time, tents slashed, drunk teenagers falling on top of them, the horrors! Hoping EP is nothing like that, I've been told its not anyway! Just can't wait to see the Killers!! :D

What's worse though, A drunken teenager or a 22 year old D4 off his face on Ketamine and Acid and talking about "when I was in India"? :DTrue Story.
    It's slowly but surely getting that "rough" atmosphere. There were proper scumbags walking around on the sunday. And a few tents got robbed.
    I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning from an Ostrich Burger I had at EP.
    DO. NOT. EAT. THE. OSTRICH. BURGERS.

ostrich-head.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I really hope Two Door Cinema Club play EP further down the bill cause with all the other acts it would really suit them. They're playing Bestival the weekend after so there still is maybe a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm raging a bit that Grimes is playing on the Saturday and I can't make it for the entire weekend. If she was playing on the Sunday that'd be perfect. I'm going to the American football match at Lansdowne on the Saturday and if she was playing later on that day I could possibly catch her set but they don't sell Saturday day tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

JJ wrote: »
    I'm raging a bit that Grimes is playing on the Saturday and I can't make it for the entire weekend. If she was playing on the Sunday that'd be perfect. I'm going to the American football match at Lansdowne on the Saturday and if she was playing later on that day I could possibly catch her set but they don't sell Saturday day tickets.

Grimes? Think you're a bit confused. She played FF on the saturday but as far as i know she's not announced for EP yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement