Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    One of my favourite EP performances ever. Thought it was amazing.
    Next year would probably be too soon but I would welcome them back with open arms.

Ditto..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cheap tickets :D

http://www.facebook.com/notes/electric-picnic/electric-picnic-2012-loyalty-early-bird-tickets/10150397759592485
    ELECTRIC LOYALTY BIRD TICKETS

The Electric Picnic Music & Arts festival will return to Stradbally next Summer on Friday 31st August, Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd September. Leading into its ninth year the festival will see the return of the same broad and colourful spectrum of musical & creative miscellany for the young of age and the young of heart.

The festival would like to thank returning Picnickers who each year bestow it with the soul, energy and heartbeat which the festival depends on to give it life. What is music, art and theatre without an audience to appreciate & celebrate it after all.

On Wednesday 16th November at 9am a limited number of discounted Loyalty Bird tickets priced at €175 will be made available.
    Previous year’s ticket holders will automatically receive an email from Ticketmaster with details on how to purchase. Note you must have opted-in to receive Electric Picnic related emails/alerts from Ticketmaster in order to receive this email. Also ensure that junk mail filters allow emails from Ticketmaster.

Previous ticket purchasers who have not signed up with Ticketmaster for Electric Picnic related news can be in with a chance to purchase a Loyalty Bird ticket via the festival’'s Facebook page from Wed 16th November.

Details on how to avail of the Loyalty Bird tickets via the Electric Picnic Facebook will be posted early next week on our Facebook page. (13th/14th of November) Terms and conditions will apply in order to be eligible for selection.

The Electric Loyalty Bird offer will be available until midnight Thursday 24th November, or until stocks last. It is subject to availability, tickets are available on a first come first served basis and are limited to one per person, transaction, household and credit card.

ELECTRIC PICNIC EARLY BIRD TICKETS

On Friday 25th November the general Early Bird ticket priced at €190 will become available. Similar to the 2011 Early Bird this ticket can be paid in three easy installments. Further details will be available at http://www.ticketmaster.ie

FAMILIES

Families note that a limited allocation of Family Loyalty & Early Bird Tickets will also be available. Be sure to choose this ticket option if you wish to ensure access to the Family Campsite.

*************************************************************************************

The 2012 Electric Picnic line-up, details, general weekend & Sunday tickets will be made available in early March 2012.

Ticket prices include booking fees but are subject to service charge of EU6.35 per ticket.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie

http://www.facebook.com/electricpicnic

http://twitter.com/electricpicnic

"Electric Picnic is more than just music. It’s a magical mystery tour. This is what happens after night falls, the stages fall quiet and the Picnic comes into its own.The Electric Picnic has become an event with so many different strands that everyone can go away sated and happy.." Jim Carroll, Irish Times, Sept 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The one time I buy tickets from a ticketmaster kiosk! The Facebook route being the alternative sounds messy. Hopefully not a post yourself at last years picnic type deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

That's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 davidc6473

I would love if joze gonzalez was preforming just so i could hear him play heartbeats live.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Interesting article by Jim Carroll saying that the future of festivals will see a shift away from the big massive festivals like EP and Oxegen and that it will be the smaller cheaper efforts like Body and Soul, Sea sessions etc.

Oxegen has long since become obsolete for me, save for a day trip down if I really wanted to see an act. EP would be a shame to lose though, still got plenty going for it and at least you can see where the cash goes with comedy, arts, circus, fairground on top of the music acts.

Important year this year, they may need to pare back some of the fancy extras to knock a bit off the ticket price.

Toast wrote: »
    The one time I buy tickets from a ticketmaster kiosk! The Facebook route being the alternative sounds messy. Hopefully not a post yourself at last years picnic type deal?

yep, fu(k that. :rolleyes:
    For the Electric Picnic faithful we have come up with a fun way for you to get your hands on the Loyalty Bird tickets via Facebook. If you have not received the email from Ticketmaster then this is the only way you will be able to get your hands on the reduced price Loyalty Bird tickets. Details on how to do so are all explained below. It’s our way of saying thanks for all that you have brought to the festival over the years.

To be in with a chance to purchase a discounted Loyalty Bird ticket for EU175 you will need to demonstrate your loyalty by tagging a photograph of yourself at the festival!

Please read the following very carefully:

The Electric Picnic festival must be clearly identifiable in the photo and as such it must include a recognisable feature of the festival that is unique to Electric Picnic (eg. Body & Soul, Art Installations, Electric Picnic Arch, Global Green, Fossets Circus (from a distance, showing surrounding festival features), Mindfield, Theatre of Food, Bin Your Empties stations, etc).

It is up to you to unequivocally prove to us that the photo was taken at Electric Picnic. The photo that most obviously shows this will have greater chance of winning an opportunity to purchase a Loyalty Bird Ticket.

Remember, you must be clearly visible in the picture too! And the photograph can be of any year since the festival’s inception.

The photo will need to be “Tagged” twice from your personal Facebook page (no business pages, fan pages, etc.).

Tag 1: You will need to tag ‘Electric Picnic’ in the photo (to do this you will need to ‘Like’ the Electric Picnic Facebook page. Then press “Tag this Photo” and enter Electric Picnic. By tagging Electric Picnic the photograph will show up in our photo feed, allowing us to view it.
    Tag 2: You will also need to tag yourself in the picture.

Make sure the Privacy setting on the photograph is set to ‘Shared with Public’. This is so we can view the photograph once you have tagged us.

Edit the photo description and name the photograph “Electric Picnic Loyalty Bird 2012 & ME”

Only one photo entry per person.

The deadline for submitting your photo is midnight Sunday 20th November.

By submitting your Electric Picnic photograph you accept that it will be used for promotional purposes.

There are a limited number of Loyalty Bird tickets available and only one ticket may be purchased per person.

The Loyalty Bird offer is applicable for standard weekend tickets only and not Family tickets, Sunday tickets or Campervan tickets.

Anyone availing of the separate offer of Loyalty Bird ticket directly through www.ticketmaster.ie is not eligible.

If selected, you will be contacted via Facebook, by a member of the Electric Picnic team. You will be sent a link where you can purchase your ticket. Ticket must be purchased by midnight Thursday 25th November. Ticket must be purchased in full, it cannot be purchased in instalments. Ticket is subject to EU6.35 service charge and limited to one per person, per transaction, per household & per credit card. Bookings over this limit will be cancelled.

We may also contact you via Facebook (EP team members personal account), to verity your details.

By submitting your photo you are agreeing to the above Terms & Conditions.

i'll wait until the early birds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I have bought early birds each year for the last 3 or 4 years so I would say I'm a loyal customer, always purchased through TM. I didn't get a bloody email!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

I have bought early birds each year for the last 3 or 4 years so I would say I'm a loyal customer, always purchased through TM. I didn't get a bloody email!!:mad:

This is a pile of whatever. I've gone every year and bought the early brid tickets every year available. I get ticketmaster alerts all the time but no mail today with my link to the loyalty scheme, what a rip. If anyone got this imaginary mail, I'd appreciate if you could pm me the link to get my tickets. Thanks.

so much for loyalty, eh?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

thanks for that.... saying sold out, typical. Think I'll take my loyalty elsewhere next year.

just to note: links are unique to accout holders. So no transfers allowed. That's why I was getting the no tix available. Thanks for help anyway.

foggers wrote: »
    thanks for that.... saying sold out, typical. Think I'll take my loyalty elsewhere next year.
    i just tried again now and they're still onsale?

this is for the normal ticket, don't think family ones are available yet....

just to note: links are unique to accout holders. So no transfers allowed. That's why I was getting the no tix available. Thanks for help anyway.
    are you sure? i'm using someone else's, i never got an mail, and that link above was the one given to everyone for the early birds last year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

It worked for me! :confused: Try again maybe?

I've been to the last two picnics but also didn't get any email. That link worked though! :) Cheers ghostdancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the link above worked for me, I didn't go last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Nice one. €350 for 2 is a lot off standard price of €480. Its just been 11 weeks since E.P. and i'm already lookin forward to next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'm looking at my wrist with 5 ep wrist bands on it from the last 5 years that i've never taken off since they were put on, where is my loyalty email huh? huh?

sigh i guess i'll give this facebook lark a go if i can find some pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

danniemcq wrote: »
    i'm looking at my wrist with 5 ep wrist bands on it from the last 5 years that i've never taken off since they were put on, where is my loyalty email huh? huh?

sigh i guess i'll give this facebook lark a go if i can find some pics

why don't you just follow the advice in this link and not bother with photos?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75499581&postcount=71

worked fine for me yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cartonio

ciao,
    i’m antonio, from rome, italy. next year me and my friends will hopefully have our first electric picnic. Having been only to glastonbury, i’d like to know something more about EP. if you could help me i got a few questions:
    1) how big is the festival site? i mean, is it a long walk from stage to stage and from arena to camping?
    2) me and my wife we’ll have with us our 3 year old son. any tips? is the family camping any good? we’d like to camp with our friends: is it ok to camp in general area with a baby?
    3) is it possible to rent any facility to ‘carry’ children around the site?
    4) how’s the weather usually in that period? is it very cold at night?
    5) how’s the food?
    6) does exist a ‘cancellation’ policy on tickets? i mean, like the one for glasto where you can cancel your ticket untill may.

thank you very much to everyone who will help.
    see you there next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

cartonio wrote: »
    ciao,
    i’m antonio, from rome, italy. next year me and my friends will hopefully have our first electric picnic. Having been only to glastonbury, i’d like to know something more about EP. if you could help me i got a few questions:
    1) how big is the festival site? i mean, is it a long walk from stage to stage and from arena to camping?
    2) me and my wife we’ll have with us our 3 year old son. any tips? is the family camping any good? we’d like to camp with our friends: is it ok to camp in general area with a baby?
    3) is it possible to rent any facility to ‘carry’ children around the site?
    4) how’s the weather usually in that period? is it very cold at night?
    5) how’s the food?
    6) does exist a ‘cancellation’ policy on tickets? i mean, like the one for glasto where you can cancel your ticket untill may.

thank you very much to everyone who will help.
    see you there next year

1) No, It's pretty compact but a little disorientating at times (I find). Stages are very close together.
    2) Get a babysitter. Children shouldn't be at gigs. They do have a family campsite. I wouldn't be putting a kid in the main camping area.
    3) I don't think they have kit for this.
    4) Weather has generally been good but this year was wet and cold.
    5) Food is great. The make a big deal of it. Good selection of all varieties. The eating is part of the experience for me.
    6) Standard TM terms and conditions so once you've bought that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

cartonio wrote: »

Ciao,
    If you want to bring your son & camp with your friends as well, you could all stay in Boutique camping. It is nicer & quieter than normal camping. No problems having a child in there.
    Also, you will not have to bring your own tent.

You can buy tickets by deposit and pay in installments. I think it's like €80 + €80 + €80.
    No refunds or cancellation though. I guess if you change your mind after the first payment you will only lose €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonnaDo

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Had the best weekend of my life there this year and definitely going back next year. What bands/artists do you want to see playing 2012? This thread can also be where official announcements are posted.

Wishlist for me in no particular order
    Florence and the Machine
    Daft Punk
    Muse
    Mumford and Sons
    Justice
    Elbow
    Sigur Ros
    Antony and the Johnsons

The list goes on im sure

I love Antony and the Johnsons...totally forgot he existed for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I got my loyalty ticket but I didn't get any loyalty email. I've bought early bird tickets every year since they began. Disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is that loyalty link still working for Ticketmaster? I tried just there and it says "Tickets not available". Some dose! I've gone every year except 2010, although I haven't bought online the last 2 years so I haven't got an email. That Facebook photo thing is a load of bollox. I do have photos of me there over the years but any ones of landmarks don't have me in them and vice versa.

Edit: It seems to be working now, must only be during certain times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

danniemcq wrote: »

Eh - why haven't you taken off your 5 year old EP wrist bands? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Is that loyalty link still working for Ticketmaster? I tried just there and it says "Tickets not available". Some dose! I've gone every year except 2010, although I haven't bought online the last 2 years so I haven't got an email. That Facebook photo thing is a load of bollox. I do have photos of me there over the years but any ones of landmarks don't have me in them and vice versa.

Edit: It seems to be working now, must only be during certain times of the day.

it's still working. Are you sure you clicked on the loyalty one and not the early bird one?

Prodigy to play Download.....wonder is there any chance of being the EP's dance act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wish list:

No. 1: Dead Can Dance
    Then in no particular order:

Sigur Ros
    M83
    Boards of Canada
    New Order
    Pixies
    Portishead
    Metronomy
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Art of Noise
    Ash
    Gorillaz
    Leonard Cohen
    Manic Street Preachers
    Grandaddy
    Brian Wilson
    The Fall
    Goldfrapp.

Have been 5 times myself but loyalty ticket thing no big deal after all its only 15 euro less than early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pixxxie

ok since radiohead are after announcing their tour for 2012..what are the chances they would make an appearance at EP 2012? that would be something incredible

• Advertisement

pixxxie wrote: »
    ok since radiohead are after announcing their tour for 2012..what are the chances they would make an appearance at EP 2012? that would be something incredible

I hope not, I find them boring as hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement