Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Any chance of Django Django?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

^There's a nice EP sized gap between them playing Reading and Bestival so perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

I was looking to get a one day ticket since the 240 is a bit much. But tbh I'd be raging if i missed the Cure... one of the only reasons why i'm gonna go!

What are the chances they will play the last day? best untill last kind of thing?

MurDawg wrote: »
    I was looking to get a one day ticket since the 240 is a bit much. But tbh I'd be raging if i missed the Cure... one of the only reasons why i'm gonna go!

What are the chances they will play the last day? best untill last kind of thing?

Playing the Sat I'm afraid

I don't know why EP don't offer a Weekend no camping ticket.

Could you buy a weekend camping ticket and just arrive each morning and leave at night?

• Advertisement

Yeah there's nothing to stop you leaving the campsite, you're free to come and go as you please.

..and I love that, great being able to walk into Stradbally for a proper fry and toilet :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah there's nothing to stop you leaving the campsite, you're free to come and go as you please.

..and I love that, great being able to walk into Stradbally for a proper fry and toilet :pac:

Awesome, really tempted to do that cause I don't fancy camping out alone.

Says on the EP website it's only a 50 minute drive from Dublin and car parking at the site is free.

What time do the concert arenas open at each day at EP?

I just hope Django Django, Two Door Cinema Club and Miike Snow are announced I'll definitely be going to EP over Bestival.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Raging! bought last day tickets missing the cure... Whos headlining the last day?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Raging! bought last day tickets missing the cure... Whos headlining the last day?

The killers i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Killers/Elbow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

The Killers, Elbow and Hot Chip are headlining the Sunday.

frantic190 wrote: »
    The Killers, Elbow and Hot Chip are headlining the Sunday.

Hope The Killers and Hot Chip don't clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

New additions boost the quality of the late afternoon acts nicely I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Would not think Django will play as they are after announcing their own date in the Button Factory for October

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LaFaro , Fighting With Wire , Axis Of , Rams' Pocket Radio added to the Oxjam Stage on Sunday

http://www.smalltownamerica.co.uk/blog/lafaro-to-play-electric-picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

Are there any anxiety sufferers out there that have been to Electric Picnic. If so what was the experience like?

I like the Killers and I see they are playing Electric Picnic this year, I would like to go but the thought of paniking at something like that is putting me off.

I wouldn't be camping or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Mimbo wrote: »
    Are there any anxiety sufferers out there that have been to Electric Picnic. If so what was the experience like?

I like the Killers and I see they are playing Electric Picnic this year, I would like to go but the thought of paniking at something like that is putting me off.

Do you mean in terms of large crowds? Once you're not standing too close to the front it won't be overly packed.

Mimbo wrote: »

I would go provided you stay away from the front or the pits (if they have them at EP) cause it can be pretty rough up front.

Also have a look at the camping options, you can go for quiet camping, 'VIP' camping etc which would be alot less stressful. http://electricpicnic.ie/alternativecampingoptions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I don't know if many people are familiar with Cold Specks but she is playing the Friday according to her website, check her out, great voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Hi,

I'm heading to Electric Picnic this year, and am only really familiar with the major artists (Sigur Ros, The Cure et al). I was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the lesser-known bands/artists, give a short description of what kind of music they play and maybe their best one or two songs.

Personally, I'm kind of an indie-guitar band head. I was at Forbidden Fruit, and gutted when I learned I'd missed Real Estate (I'm addicted to their song 'It's Real' at the moment). So anything along those lines. But I'm not adverse to other music, e.g. electro/pop (Air's Moon Safari is one of my favourite albums).

I used to know loads about music but I've really drifted in the last few years, so it'd be good to familiarise myself with it again.

Thanks folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hi,

I'm heading to Electric Picnic this year, and am only really familiar with the major artists (Sigur Ros, The Cure et al). I was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the lesser-known bands/artists, give a short description of what kind of music they play and maybe their best one or two songs.

Personally, I'm kind of an indie-guitar band head. I was at Forbidden Fruit, and gutted when I learned I'd missed Real Estate (I'm addicted to their song 'It's Real' at the moment). So anything along those lines. But I'm not adverse to other music, e.g. electro/pop (Air's Moon Safari is one of my favourite albums).

I used to know loads about music but I've really drifted in the last few years, so it'd be good to familiarise myself with it again.

Thanks folks!

I think dexy's "come on eileen" will be a picnic moment this year.
    Orbital will never let you down and the visiuals should be class as always.
    Hot chip will tick the box for your electro pop list. Metronomy as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I would probably go and see the Cure, Sigur Ros, a bit of Christy(Moore that is), Patti Smith (From the punk and indie days of New York Dolls, Ramones, I think from the Detroit scene or New York, Squarepusher (a definite one - mind bendy electronic music in the vein of Aphex Twin), Explosions in the Sky (Have never seen them so cant comment), Bombay Bicycle Club (quirky indie pop like say, Belle and Sebastion), Crystal Castles (Electro - ravey punk), Dexys (Of the Midnight Runners emulated the Northern Soul sound like Two Tone did for Ska), the Donal Lunny collab with Glackin, Irvine and Liam OFlynn and whats there to stop Christy guesting for a few numbers making it a short Planxty set (Classic diddly skiddly stuff). Bat For Lashes (Folky, Trancey, Rock using minimal traditional music instruments with a nice touch of technology such as the natural reverb from the dulcimers and Natasha Khans glorious voice a cross between Fairport Conventions Sandy Denny, Pakistans Sheila Chandra, Siouxsie Sioux and that singer from All About Eve), Roots Manuva (Dubby trip hop reggae stuff). So plenty there so far, although half of these will be clashing too. Will probably just float between the stages in the end, follow my heart with the music so to speak.

Did you know that there is an Electric Picnic 2012 thread in this particular section. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056384130

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Explosions In The Sky are amazing. Not sure how it would translate to a festival but definitely worth a look. Pretty disappointed that they had to cancel their gig due to be on last week.

Metromony
    Grizzly Bear
    Bombaby Bicycle Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Morf wrote: »
    Explosions In The Sky are amazing.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Metromony
    Grizzly Bear
    Bombaby Bicycle Club

Could you suggest some good introductory songs to these artists? Maybe their best one or two songs each? I'll give 'em a listen and go from there!

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If indie/guitar is your thing, then I'd say Grizzly Bear are a must-see

Check out their album Veckatimest - took me a fair few listens to work out what all the fuss was about but one of my fave albums of the last few years now.

Seen them live and sound great - singer has an amazing voice live which is not something you can always say about an "indie/guitar" band...

Another one of their great tunes - Foreground - is viewable at

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

It's not fear of crowds per say, it generalised anxiety disorder. I will in Portlaoise so there is no real need for me to camp. I can go home to my comfy bed and hot shower:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

AZEALIA BANKS!!!!!

SHE IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement