Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Good luck, Furious Red

When do they announce the line up for EP's Body and Soul stages?

last year it was 2 and a half weeks before the festival.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/08/16/electric-picnic-body-soul-line-up/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just heard Chic on radio mentioning their electric picnic gig a couple of years ago .... and how much they loved it. The electric arena was going nuts by the end of it - atmosphere was amazing.

Strange that they have not been booked since.

What show and station was that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

flyswatter wrote: »
    What show and station was that on?

Ray Darcy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Don't think I'll bother with the picnic this year. Honestly the only ones I would go to see would be Orbital. Booked three days in Amsterdam instead :D. Enjoy!

EP just started following Rustie and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs on twitter, and both have holding pages on the EP site so expect them to be announced at some stage.

http://electricpicnic.ie/totallyenormousextinctdinosaurs
    http://electricpicnic.ie/rustie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

When do they give the timetable breakdown of what bands are playing at what times on what days?

When do they give the timetable breakdown of what bands are playing at what times on what days?
    usually 4 or 5 days before the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Just a couple of questions regarding the family campsite. Is it big? What time would you advise getting there on the Friday to get a good pitch? I was going to send my son in to school for a couple of hours, but would consider letting him take the day off if we would be at a disadvantage arriving in the afternoon.

Also, any general tips for those with young children are welcome. We are experienced festival goers (never the picnic though) without kids, and experienced campers with kids, but haven't combined the two before.

My son is 8 and we haven't told him we are going yet! I'm almost jealous of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

for those that care, in terms of possible sunday acts and the buying of a sunday only day ticket, as mentioned before the cure have on their official site that they are playing saturday, and grandaddy seem to be playing the friday, definitely not the sunday anyways

http://grandaddymusic.com/its-all-true-new-grandaddy-tour-dates/

couldnt find anything relevant for the roots, roots manuva or squarepusher...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

cudsy1 wrote: »
    for those that care, in terms of possible sunday acts and the buying of a sunday only day ticket, as mentioned before the cure have on their official site that they are playing saturday, and grandaddy seem to be playing the friday, definitely not the sunday anyways

http://grandaddymusic.com/its-all-true-new-grandaddy-tour-dates/

couldnt find anything relevant for the roots, roots manuva or squarepusher...

Taken from the EP forum
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19946

Friday

Sigur Ros
    The XX
    The Horrors
    The Maccabees
    Grandaddy
    Metronomy
    Azealia Banks
    Alabama Shakes
    Roots Manuva
    Christy Moore
    The Jezabels

Saturday

Orbital
    The Cure
    Patti Smith
    Cranes
    Richard Hawley
    Villagers
    Michael Kiwanuka
    In Tua Nua
    Grimes
    Bell X1

Sunday

The Killers
    Elbow
    Hot Chip
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Bat For Lashes
    Lanterns On The Lake
    Crystal Castles
    Dublin Gospel Choir

Edit:
    Squarepusher playing Sunday
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/06/squarepusher_ad_1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Taken from the EP forum

Saturday is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Nal wrote: »
    Saturday is pretty sweet.

Sure is. Can't wait for Hawley

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

To add to that these have been confirmed for Pure Savage's take-over of the oxfam tent on the Sunday:

Axis Of
    Bomb City 7
    Fighting With Wire
    LaFaro
    Master and Dog
    Mojo Fury
    rams' pocket radio

Haven't listen to much of Bomb City 7, but the rest are great. All NI bands.

Little Big Tent:
    Little Big Tent additions are: James Murphy; The Juan MacLean; Pat Mahoney; Caribou VS. Four Tet (Official) (B2B Set); Rustie; Hudson Mohawke; Junior Boys; Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs; Bassnectar; John Talabot; catz n dogz; Amine Edge; DJ W!LD; MMoths; Le Galaxie; Not Squares; Ships; White Collar Boy; Subaltern; Orquesta; Lil Dave; T3 + Hidden Agenda DJs + more TBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

good to see some electronic acts added, Junior Boys in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Little Big Tent:

So the Little Big Tent is dance so that'll all be DJ sets, correct??

So Junior Boys will most likely be just a fckuking DJ set. ffs. This is getting worse by the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

So Junior Boys will most likely be just a fckuking DJ set. ffs. This is getting worse by the day.

Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a DJ set, Laurent Garnier played in there with his full band along with other live acts I'm sure.

Have to say I'm quite underwhelmed with the Little Big Tent lineup. Really looking forward to Four Tet/Caribou/Jamie xx and I'll go see Hudson Mohawke and maybe John Talabot and Catz n Dogz, disappointed otherwise, was expecting way more house/techno.

Jello wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a DJ set, Laurent Garnier played in there with his full band along with other live acts I'm sure.
    yep, several acts last year were live (even though the only one that explicitly says it here is Sh1t Robot):
    http://www.state.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/EP2011.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Asked them on Twitter, it's live. Nice one.

http://twitter.com/Juniorboys/status/228149083238457345

• Advertisement

Little Big Tent:

Its okay of a line up. Looking forward to Caribou and some TEED.

Really looking forward to Le Galaxie one of the best live Irish act's I have seen in a long time.

Need to do some homework on some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just heard Chic on radio mentioning their electric picnic gig a couple of years ago .... and how much they loved it. The electric arena was going nuts by the end of it - atmosphere was amazing.

Strange that they have not been booked since.

Chic are playing Lis Ard in West Cork on the August Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

Really looking forward to Le Galaxie one of the best live Irish act's I have seen in a long time.

Le Galaxie announced on Twitter they are playing at 2am(no specific day mentioned).
    At least at that time slot we don't have to worry about them clashing with any headliners!

Great band live

lc180 wrote: »
    Le Galaxie announced on Twitter they are playing at 2am(no specific day mentioned).
    At least at that time slot we don't have to worry about them clashing with any headliners!

Great band live
    i read somewhere else (can't remember where) that they're on directly after Caribou/FourTet/JamieXX, who are down to play on the Saturday:
    http://www.pitchandsmith.com/artists#caribou

not sure if you missed it, but it's not really Caribou playing, it will be Dan DJing with Four Tet and (supposedly) Jamie xx. might get a few Caribou/Daphni tunes thrown in, but most of it won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Sure is. Can't wait for Hawley

Neither can i. It'll be my fifth time seeing him. He's playing in Galway again in December. Hitting that too.

He's amazing, i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

..after Caribou/FourTet/JamieXX, who are down to play on the Saturday:
    http://www.pitchandsmith.com/artists#caribou

Looks like Orbital and Four Tet/Caribou/Jamie xx could be clashing so :(

not sure if you missed it, but it's not really Caribou playing, it will be Dan DJing with Four Tet and (supposedly) Jamie xx. might get a few Caribou/Daphni tunes thrown in, but most of it won't be.

I noticed it alright just was to lazy to type it all.:):). Hard to see Jamie xx playing surely he would have got a mention not unless he will be a surprise guest. Would be much better if he played a set on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Kimbra is down on her site as playing on the Saturday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Anyone know if the line-up as currently announced includes acts for the Body and Soul area or are they all still to come in one big announcement a la the Little Big Tent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement